First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I was looking at going with a set of these but then I found the Rough Country which look identical for $1200.00.
Is there a reason you chose the Rhino over them? I haven't been able to make up my mind and I have even talked to both companies.
Honestly didn't know Rough Country made any. I was dead set on amps when that wasn't an option I looked elsewhere and found these.
Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A LOT the factory steps are borderline useless.

These stick out about 6-8" and split the difference almost in half from the door sill to the ground.

Compare these photos to the new steps above, the muf flap is a good indicator.
Oh wow that’s awesome, it is way more than I’d thought. Thanks for this post!

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Honestly didn't know Rough Country made any. I was dead set on amps when that wasn't an option I looked elsewhere and found these.
Ok, I actually had Amp Research before on my F150 and really liked them. What I like about the Rhino and Rough Country is they are using dual motors and the lights are way better. That is one thing I did change out on the Amp Research Boards was the poor lights that come with them.
Thanks .... by the way they look awesome!!!

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, I actually had Amp Research before on my F150 and really liked them. What I like about the Rhino and Rough Country is they are using dual motors and the lights are way better. That is one thing I did change out on the Amp Research Boards was the poor lights that come with them.
Thanks .... by the way they look awesome!!!
two door version they fit great the instructions I had for the 2 door were often wrong LOL but
great fit looks great and very happy with the GoRhino Boards
I preferred the Magnets Over Hacking and chopping into the Bronco Harness very simple and no affect on OEM Harness or OBD Port, thats why I was set on Eboards

Ford Bronco GoRhino E1 Electric Steps installed thumbnail_IMG_8996

Ford Bronco GoRhino E1 Electric Steps installed thumbnail_IMG_8999

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
two door version they fit great the instructions I had for the 2 door were often wrong LOL but
great fit looks great and very happy with the GoRhino Boards
I preferred the Magnets Over Hacking and chopping into the Bronco Harness very simple and no affect on OEM Harness or OBD Port, thats why I was set on Eboards

I really like how they tuck up nice and close to the body. They really look good on your Bronco.

Sponsored

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like how they tuck up nice and close to the body. They really look good on your Bronco.
Thanks they did a good job making them seem tough enough for me anyway
I don’t drive on a rock lol or need sliders

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are excellent and the post is well done. I agree that the factory step on my OBX SAS is borderline useless. I want to try these.

Slamr13

Badlands
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco - Two Door - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door badlands here and agree with other comments. Love how they look and that I didn't have to hack into the wiring harness. As others have said the instructions were for the four door and it took me a minute to figure some of the steps out. A few notes to help other two door owners.
1. The controller mounts to the rail behind the drivers rear motor. You need to mount it before you mount the drivers rear motor.
2. I had to take both the driver and passenger seats out completely in order to fish the passenger door wire under the carpet. It's a pain but totally worth it.
3. I have no idea how anyone else mounted the ground wire on the door sensor to the seat belt. So far as I could tell you'd need to remove the entire panelling to do that. Instead I was able to ground both sensors to the seat bolts when I re-installed them.
4. When tightening the four motors just hand tighten them at first. Once everything is done and you can deploy the steps you'll have a ton more room to get your wrench up in there and tighten them down.

With all of that said, they are fantastic. My wife loves them and it really makes it much easier to get in and out of the vehicle.

Jmschultz22

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Impala, 2017 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably a stupid question but just want to be sure. Can you use the valet switch to deploy/retract the boards with the doors off?

OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably a stupid question but just want to be sure. Can you use the valet switch to deploy/retract the boards with the doors off?
Yes, the kill switch I mounted on the b-pillar by the seat belt base.

When you turn them off they automatically retract and stay that way if the switch is turned off.

When I wash it I plan to pull the fuse for them to keep them extended for detailing purposes.

Sponsored

Jmschultz22

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Impala, 2017 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, the kill switch I mounted on the b-pillar by the seat belt base.

When you turn them off they automatically retract and stay that way if the switch is turned off.

When I wash it I plan to pull the fuse for them to keep them extended for detailing purposes.
I thought so but just wanted to be sure. Thank you!
BTW, they look awesome…nice ride!

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

obviously these look great but are not intended to act as a true slider like the rockslide Engineering are but how much of a hit do you think they would take. Thanks.

Reactions: Tex
OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
obviously these look great but are not intended to act as a true slider like the rockslide Engineering are but how much of a hit do you think they would take. Thanks.
Man, IDK and I won't be finding out haha it wouldn't take much to destroy the board and rocker panel.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That stowed position looks perfect for a high clearance slider. It's too bad they're not frame mounted and reinforced, because I'd order a set right now even if they weren't motorized.

OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Updated the original post, loving them except loosing the protection of the step bars.
Sponsored