First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wanted to send a word of caution to my fellow Bronco owners. I know many of you already know the reputation of RC products but I figured how bad could a bikini top be right?

I guess the real issues were the two front hooks cannot "Hook" to the location noted in the instructions.

My mounts on the windshield frame are almost 1/2" thick with the hook only being 1/4".

Next issue and maybe the worst the side hooks are super brittle. I broke 2 of them on install and after I said screw it I don't want the POS on my Bronco I broke the other two removing them.

Any how does not pay to be cheap, Guess I need to get a quality Bikini top

thanks for reading!
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jtopsusa seems to have a nice product. I’m happy with the bestop Bimini mesh

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to send a word of caution to my fellow Bronco owners. I know many of you already know the reputation of RC products but I figured how bad could a bikini top be right?

I guess the real issues were the two front hooks cannot "Hook" to the location noted in the instructions.

My mounts on the windshield frame are almost 1/2" thick with the hook only being 1/4".

Next issue and maybe the worst the side hooks are super brittle. I broke 2 of them on install and after I said screw it I don't want the POS on my Bronco I broke the other two removing them.

Any how does not pay to be cheap, Guess I need to get a quality Bikini top

thanks for reading!
We can help!
Mike

Ford Bronco Got a Bad ROUGH COUNTRY Bikini top *Grain of salt* BF1402E8-D132-4982-8DD4-58648F3A3458_1_201_a

Ford Bronco Got a Bad ROUGH COUNTRY Bikini top *Grain of salt* B54404EC-8A0A-42FB-BD1F-3BD7DA486509_1_201_a

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on the fence if I want a Bimini or not but if I do definitely going Jtop

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry about your top experience. Honestly, I didn't know RC made a Bimini top. I ordered a custom print top from Jtops and hoping the timing matches my Bronco delivery

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry about your top experience. Honestly, I didn't know RC made a Bimini top. I ordered a custom print top from Jtops and hoping the timing matches my Bronco delivery
They look super nice. I almost want to convert, but I'm pretty positive I'll have a hard top eventually. I don't want to buy a soft top one now only to have to buy a hard top compatible one later. Then again, who knows, perhaps I remain a soft topper forever.

mocktheworld

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1990 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
could be luck of the draw but I got the rough country sunscreen and have no issues with it at all. no broken clips, the fit is spot on as well.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The canvas top option available through Ford so far is issue free. I am not thrilled by having to use a few factory bolt positions to secure the top but it is what it is. Anyway, provides shade and creates a comfortable driving experience on a hot sunny afternoon.

NDBronco

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to post as I ordered the Rough Country mesh top and just got it yesterday. I will say that the plastic clips are very thin and cheap feeling. I also had the issue with the front two middle clips like others, where the metal opening is 1/2" thick and the clip is barely 1/4" thick. So I boxed it up and it's going back. I will just wait a little longer and get a J-tops brand later. I ordered this top and I feel like there was nothing stating it was for soft top 4 doors only but now it does say that on the description so I'm not sure if that was there all along or added later. But, ROUGH COUNTRY MESH TOP= SOFT TOP ONLY ON 4 DOOR.
Ford Bronco Got a Bad ROUGH COUNTRY Bikini top *Grain of salt* 20220616_173311
Ford Bronco Got a Bad ROUGH COUNTRY Bikini top *Grain of salt* 20220616_173138
Ford Bronco Got a Bad ROUGH COUNTRY Bikini top *Grain of salt* 20220616_172934

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the RC Bimini as well. Same issue with the front clips. Originally thought I was sent the wrong top! No idea who thought the design was good for release. I installed a gear shade and I’m happy with it so far.

rlgreene21

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The canvas top option available through Ford so far is issue free. I am not thrilled by having to use a few factory bolt positions to secure the top but it is what it is. Anyway, provides shade and creates a comfortable driving experience on a hot sunny afternoon.
How is the noise with the canvas top? Flap loud in the wind?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is the noise with the canvas top? Flap loud in the wind?
I don’t think it is noisy at all. Then again, I own a convertible Mustang as well so driving with a top down alters one perception of noise. Between you and I , the complaints concerning noise from either the hard or soft tops baffles me.

BroncHouTX

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had to post as I ordered the Rough Country mesh top and just got it yesterday. I will say that the plastic clips are very thin and cheap feeling. I also had the issue with the front two middle clips like others, where the metal opening is 1/2" thick and the clip is barely 1/4" thick. So I boxed it up and it's going back. I will just wait a little longer and get a J-tops brand later. I ordered this top and I feel like there was nothing stating it was for soft top 4 doors only but now it does say that on the description so I'm not sure if that was there all along or added later. But, ROUGH COUNTRY MESH TOP= SOFT TOP ONLY ON 4 DOOR.
I swear that note about only fitting soft tops was not there when I ordered mine. It arrived today but I haven't been home to start the install. I guess that's what I get for being cheap. I might as well not even attempt to install it.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been waiting months and no J top 🤷‍♂️