Sponsored

Grace period before the dealer can assume inventory rights and sell your vehicle?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t know when it will be delivered... at all, not even a good approximation.

I have an announcement evening reservation; which could suggest June or early July delivery, however, delays on certain options can push it back to August... September...October? Hopefully?

I can’t ask work to not send me on travel for a possible 3 months duration because something could come in. I’d have no control over the timeline I’d be away... which could be anything from 1 week to a month

Also, shouldn’t Ford take leadership of this situation? They are the ones holding dealerships accountable for delivering to reservation holders and are the ones accountable for actually delivering the product. Seems like they’re setting themselves up for a huge over site issue.
BRONCO TIMELINE:

Jan 13 - Dealer Broadcast, Allocation Estimate
Jan 15 - Bronco FCTP Enrollment Ends
Jan 15 - Customer CRM - Ordering Begins Soon
Jan 19 - Bronco Order Bank Opens in Afternoon**
Jan 20 - Begin Bronco Order Conversion
Feb - Customer CRM - Welcome To The Family
March 19 - 21MY Order Conversion Deadline
April - Retail Order Scheduling Begins
May - Customer CRM - Delivery Estimate
June - 2021 Model Year Deliveries Begin
December - 2022 Model Year Production Start
Sponsored

Rvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know when it will be delivered... at all, not even a good approximation.

I have an announcement evening reservation; which could suggest June or early July delivery, however, delays on certain options can push it back to August... September...October? Hopefully?

I can’t ask work to not send me on travel for a possible 3 months duration because something could come in. I’d have no control over the timeline I’d be away... which could be anything from 1 week to a month

Also, shouldn’t Ford take leadership of this situation? They are the ones holding dealerships accountable for delivering to reservation holders and are the ones accountable for actually delivering the product. Seems like they’re setting themselves up for a huge over site issue.
One would think as long as you wired the funds to the dealership your set. You could always have it delivered to your preferred location. No ?

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BRONCO TIMELINE:

Jan 13 - Dealer Broadcast, Allocation Estimate
Jan 15 - Bronco FCTP Enrollment Ends
Jan 15 - Customer CRM - Ordering Begins Soon
Jan 19 - Bronco Order Bank Opens in Afternoon**
Jan 20 - Begin Bronco Order Conversion
Feb - Customer CRM - Welcome To The Family
March 19 - 21MY Order Conversion Deadline
April - Retail Order Scheduling Begins
May - Customer CRM - Delivery Estimate
June - 2021 Model Year Deliveries Begin
December - 2022 Model Year Production Start
Thanks, but it still says “estimate,” so that’s not exactly a known

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would think as long as you have a solid buyers agreement and reasonable deposit in place that the dealer would be more than happy to have it in their showroom for a few weeks if you happen to be out of town.

Good luck cleaning all of the drool off of it when you pick it up.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is an excellent question to ask legal council in your state.

It seems the OP wants specific answers but is asking in an overall vague fashion. So go seek the legally binding answer and report back so we don't have conjecture, and so your not bothered by said conjecture.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, but it still says “estimate,” so that’s not exactly a known
That was my point. There won't even be an estimate until May. None of us know when to expect delivery until at least that time.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has Ford made a commitment to how long an original reservation holder has the right to claim their vehicle at the dealership?

I’m curious how much of a grace period you’re allowed before the dealer can assume inventory rights and sell your vehicle.
Yeah. I remember a convo on this already. What scenario are you imagining?

One where the vehicle is delivered and the buyer is a no call / no show?

One where the buyer is out of the country and can’t sign the papers yet?

One where the buyer and the dealer haven’t settled on a price?

Reservation holders should be getting update emails from Ford as their vehicle gets scheduled, built, shipped, etc. And you should have a relationship with your dealer that they’ll reach out when your Bronco is there (since they want to sell it, and their punished to selling it to someone else).

So there really shouldn’t be any “surprises”... though I know that’s a pretty high bar apparently considering some of the things we’ve seen happening so far.
Yeah this was covered in a thread I started. Many folks attacked me for asking the question lol

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/of-days-dealership-will-hold-your-bronco.10374/

No consensus. We don't have an official idea from Ford as far as I know but some good info from forum members

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any dealer is going to want it off their lot asap. The longer it sits around the bigger the liability becomes.

If you really can't pick it up for a month, I'd suggest having it loaded up and shipped to your home.

That will be a lot less hassle than having them sell it to someone else because you're acting flakey about picking it up

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe. I’m buying from out of state and my dealer has been very clear that they would prefer to move them within 2 weeks of delivery (to make room for the next batch) but is absolutely willing to make arrangements with people if it will be longer.
Two weeks is reasonable considering the advance notice you’ll receive.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Two weeks is reasonable considering the advance notice you’ll receive.
I'll warn that the notice won't be as specific as you might think.

Our ranger sat in "awaiting shipment" status for about 2 weeks. Finally one day at 5 pm (because you know I checked every morning and night!) we see "in transit" which is your 2-week warning.

The very next day at 10 AM we get the call from our salesperson that the truck is in the regional depot and we can pick it up that night (Having specifically asked them not to touch the vehicle in ANY way other than the mandatory post-delivery inspection).

Note: this couldn't get more apples to apples as the Ranger was built at MAP, same as Bronco.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be douchy, but your circumstances are pretty far outside the norm, I'm not certain Ford corporate would/should even bother with scenarios this far outside of the envelope. It's a dealer/you issue.

Considering that, the burden should lie with you to make appropiate arrangements. They are your circumstances, not 99% of the populations. Only you will know what will work best for you.
  • Find a dealer that will work with you to your mutual agreement.
  • Sign a limited power of attorney with a trusted friend or family member to recieve the Bronco and take care of the financials until your return.
  • ?? (enter creative, personalized solution here)
Just like every single other reserver, we will know.... MAYBE.... in May a ROUGH approximation of the build & delivery time frame.
Hopefully that is enough lead time for you.
Otherwise, today the best answer anyone can give any of us will be sometime in between June through Dec ...IF... you can even score a 2021.

As for me, I'll deal with it as it happens.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll warn that the notice won't be as specific as you might think.
The irony of the last half of your current signature ......that coming from the member most likely to leave a "Level 9 smartassery" reply! LOL Keep doing you though, it's entertaining.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be douchy, but your circumstances are pretty far outside the norm, I'm not certain Ford corporate would/should even bother with scenarios this far outside of the envelope. It's a dealer/you issue.

Considering that, the burden should lie with you to make appropiate arrangements. They are your circumstances, not 99% of the populations. Only you will know what will work best for you.
  • Find a dealer that will work with you to your mutual agreement.
  • Sign a limited power of attorney with a trusted friend or family member to recieve the Bronco and take care of the financials until your return.
  • ?? (enter creative, personalized solution here)
Just like every single other reserver, we will know.... MAYBE.... in May a ROUGH approximation of the build & delivery time frame.
Hopefully that is enough lead time for you.
Otherwise, today the best answer anyone can give any of us will be sometime in between June through Dec ...IF... you can even score a 2021.

As for me, I'll deal with it as it happens.
While I don’t consider it “douchey,” how should I provide an answer when someone asks for a “specific” situation?

I actually delivered the Smart Car when I was in college. The situation was very similar in that the vehicle would arrive and we were supposed to deliver Within a certain time period unless the person declined it all together.

their declining meant big money.
Tint the windows
Throw in a crap navigation/radio system
Painted wheels
Racing stripes

Next thing you knew, that little $12,500 turd became $22,500.

a non-delivered 2021 Bronco Base will go for $50K
Sponsored