Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price is only part of the reason I did my reservation with Granger. I have a very low tolerance for "dealer games". I greatly appreciate the directness and transparency that Granger has shown so far and that by itself is enough to justify the shipping or drive back.
Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're laughably bad. I can't believe they actually sell cars to people in the Chicagoland area. I'm not sure how to think about the people I live around after thinking about this situation. LOL
They are so bad, that I had one “sold” out from under me while I was test driving it. Drove into the dealership through rush hour traffic and new it was the one when I drove it. Made an offer straight away when we got back to the lot and they told me they had someone put down their money on it while I was test driving it.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are so bad, that I had one “sold” out from under me while I was test driving it. Drove into the dealership through rush hour traffic and new it was the one when I drove it. Made an offer straight away when we got back to the lot and they told me they had someone put down their money on it while I was test driving it.
That's messed up

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's some cold sh*t. You'd think they'd at least have told the other customer "We really appreciate your interest but there's somebody test driving that unit at the moment so, in fairness, we need to give them the first opportunity. If they decline it's yours. Would you care to wait in my office and can I get you some coffee or something?".

Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's some cold sh*t. You'd think they'd at least have told the other customer "We really appreciate your interest but there's somebody test driving that unit at the moment so, in fairness, we need to give them the first opportunity. If they decline it's yours. Would you care to wait in my office and can I get you some coffee or something?".
The worst part of it was that the person was not even there. I think a sales person must have been working with another customer that was on the fence and when I showed up to test drive it they called and told them they needed money or it would not be there for them.
I have had my fair share of challenges with dealers over the years. That is why I did not hesitate when I got to see the level of honesty and assistance that Albert @GrangerFord showed. A trip from Georgia to pick up this iconic new ride will just add to the extrinsic value of the entire journey! Broncotown USA will be a real thing.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hell, I've had a dealer sell a car that I test drove and had a deposit on! Went into to pay for it and they wholesaled to the auction! This was for an used MR2 at a Mazda dealer and I got my deposit back but really???

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell, I've had a dealer sell a car that I test drove and had a deposit on! Went into to pay for it and they wholesaled to the auction! This was for an used MR2 at a Mazda dealer and I got my deposit back but really???
That is crazy. Sounds like wires got crossed on that one.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The worst part of it was that the person was not even there. I think a sales person must have been working with another customer that was on the fence and when I showed up to test drive it they called and told them they needed money or it would not be there for them.
I have had my fair share of challenges with dealers over the years. That is why I did not hesitate when I got to see the level of honesty and assistance that Albert @GrangerFord showed. A trip from Georgia to pick up this iconic new ride will just add to the extrinsic value of the entire journey! Broncotown USA will be a real thing.
That's even worse.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTF? That is bad business, wow.

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great post....

I plan on flying in and staying the night.... what do you recommend for restaurants, breweries, etc... near your dealer?
If you want fast food burger you flat out can't beat b-bops burgers and their fries... And chocolate shakes.

I know you said brewries but if you are interested in wine check out snus hill winery. It's pretty close to granger and is down a dirt road. So it's almost offroading to get there, haha.

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just emailed my dealer here in Houston that has been radio silent since the day after my reservation. Told them of this offer and that I’m considering switching dealers. Waiting to hear about the Texas group buy, and I may consider Granger. That offer looks great, and they seem really responsive.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Granger Ford Jamie just tried calling but I couldn't answer due to being on a work call. Just wanted to let you know I got your email and I appreciate the call. It's more than I've gotten from a dealer that I've actually bought cars from before. Thanks.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford Jamie just tried calling but I couldn't answer due to being on a work call. Just wanted to let you know I got your email and I appreciate the call. It's more than I've gotten from a dealer that I've actually bought cars from before. Thanks.

Not a problem, I have her contact as my voice is not the best right now and conversations are difficult...Plus she is kept in the loop on the Bronco's...

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I honestly believe we will see more dealers announce deals once pricing is released. We can't expect dealers announce their deals before pricing is released. Granger, Stephans and Lenardtown are the exceptions not the norm.
Sponsored