securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It has been brought to my attention that the customer pays for the x plan 275 and I have proven that to be correct...

The 275 is actually built into the plan price so you do not see it but the customer does pay for it...

I was told that it was an accounting advertising fee, it is an administrative fee...

Sorry for the confusion but clarity and transparency is what we strive for and always will..

X plan.JPG

Keep me on my toes I need it..
Thank you for following up with the clarification.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@Ogeechee57 contacted me and did an excellent job of explaining the $275 Admin Fee, here is his explanation:
I think you had it right when you originally included the $275 fee in the Ford X-Plan portion of the spreadsheet. The Ford official X-Plan pricing example you attached does show that in order to get from invoice to x-plan the $275 has to be included.

I think the confusion comes in at the start of Granger's thread:

"The 275 is actually built into the plan price so you do not see it but the customer does pay for it..."

That part is correct in that in order to go from invoice to plan pricing the $275 is included. If a dealer shows me the invoice on a vehicle and I see the x-plan pricing at the bottom, that price does already include the $275. It got there using the formula shown on the sample_x_plan_invoice pdf you attached in one of your responses.

The other confusion comes in the way this Administration Fee info below is being interpeted:

I think this Administration Fee info above is telling the dealer that his commission from Ford is being reduced by the amount of the admin fee ($275), but in reality he's not losing any money because the $275 is included in the x-plan price. He should not add an additional $275 into the transaction because the customer is already paying it in the amount shown for x-plan pricing on the invoice.

I think if your subtotal column for the x-plan pricing table is supposed to reflect the x-plan price then the admin fee needs to be added back in.
So I then went back to @Granger Ford and reviewed his first post:
It has been brought to my attention that the customer pays for the x plan 275 and I have proven that to be correct...

The 275 is actually built into the plan price so you do not see it but the customer does pay for it...
Next I looked at one of the sample X-Plan Invoices from @Timsvtgen1
Historically-more often than not- xplan HAS been above invoice since 2001 since I’ve been involved in dealing with them. Here are some random invoices showing Xplan all above invoice.
32E569FA-F3F9-460D-B651-0BB72ED091F8.jpeg
I then re-looked at the Ford PlanRules.pdf
The fee ($275 for 2010MY and later vehicles) is included in the AXZD-Plan price collected from the customer on Ford's behalf at the time of vehicle sale.

The dealership should not add the fee into the transaction, as the AXZD-Plan vehicle price has already been "grossed-up" by the amount of the fee.
Summary

So what you see is, in the Sample Ford X-Plan Invoice, the X-Plan Price has already been "grossed-up", meaning, they have added:
Invoice Price + Destination & Deliver Fee + $275 Admin Fee = "grossed-up" X-Plan cost.

In my spreadsheet, I have to create this number myself, which I do by adding:
Invoice Price + Destination & Deliver Fee + $275 Admin Fee = "grossed-up" X-Plan cost.

So what does all this mean, my original v9 spreadsheet was correct in that I have a column for adding the $275 Admin Fee. Therefore, I have reverted back to the v9 version of the spreadsheet.

Regarding final pricing rules for X-Plan, once Ford publicly announces them, regardless if the Bronco X-Plan price is below or above the Invoice price, you can download my spreadsheet and modify it however you wish to use it.

NOTE: My example above is for normal X-Plan pricing, from any Ford Dealer, it is not a discussion of the special Granger Ford hybrid $1,300 offer for X-Plan customers, @Granger Ford will have to explain that.

Last edited:

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Granger Ford - Mr. Albert; Thanks for being patient and accommodating for us excited forum users. You've renewed my faith in dealerships! I'm requesting assistance for my local dealerships, if you can, could you provide Ford official statement that states x-plan prices will be available on the bronco? Sorry if this is been answered before (I vaguely remember something)! All dealerships that I've inquired on x-plan pricing said that "no one knows what Ford is doing" - Wray Ford, Hixson Ford, Marler Ford, and ORR Ford (all in Louisiana) .. I appreciate your time. James

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford - Mr. Albert; Thanks for being patient and accommodating for us excited forum users. You've renewed my faith in dealerships! I'm requesting assistance for my local dealerships, if you can, could you provide Ford official statement that states x-plan prices will be available on the bronco? Sorry if this is been answered before (I vaguely remember something)! All dealerships that I've inquired on x-plan pricing said that "no one knows what Ford is doing" - Wray Ford, Hixson Ford, Marler Ford, and ORR Ford (all in Louisiana) .. I appreciate your time. James
Ford has not officially stated it, Levine did in a statement and later in a tweet...

It would shock us if it was not available by delivery time, if not before..

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has not officially stated it, Levine did in a statement and later in a tweet...

It would shock us if it was not available by delivery time, if not before..
They must have scrubbed it, because my searches turn up nothing.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak