Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger, the Granger Team and the order / purchase experience has been the best for us. We traveled from out of state to buy 3 times since 2022. We will purchase with Granger again!
Very happy to hear about your experience! You being a repeat customer truly means alot and greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for those kind words!
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The income tax here can be high and ultimately a sales tax is more "fair" however the reason I left California 20 years ago was the combination of high sales/income/everything tax and their desire to trample on people's rights. Still buy cars occasionally in CA but I insist on the dealer meeting me in Oregon for transfer so I avoid the tax which many in N.CAL readily will do.
Hmmm.. you can get OR no sales tax regardless of where you buy the vehicle as long as you have a valid OR DL.Why do they have to come to.you?

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmm.. you can get OR no sales tax regardless of where you buy the vehicle as long as you have a valid OR DL.Why do they have to come to.you?
Well if I buy from a California dealer even though I am an Oregon resident and drive it off the lot then I am taking possession in California and have to pay their sales tax, if there dealer drives it to me in Oregon and I take possession in Oregon then I don't pay the sales tax.

Every state is a little different in their sales tax laws but California is a PITA but there are some good dealers that have better inventory sometimes.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well if I buy from a California dealer even though I am an Oregon resident and drive it off the lot then I am taking possession in California and have to pay their sales tax, if there dealer drives it to me in Oregon and I take possession in Oregon then I don't pay the sales tax.

Every state is a little different in their sales tax laws but California is a PITA but there are some good dealers that have better inventory sometimes.
Wow, learned something new today. I always assumed that the taxation follows residency. When I used to live in OR and purchased my wife's BMW from a WA dealer they did not charge me sales tax based on the address on my DL. Weird.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello Bronco Fam!

We still have an allocation for an order for a 2024 Bronco Raptor! We are doing 2% below invoice! With a $500 non-refundable, you can order your new Bronco Raptor today!

Send an email to [email protected] today and place your order!!

As always, thank you for the support!

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm amazed that you still have an allocation. When I first saw the thread I thought they would get snapped up within the hour.

A great deal from a great dealer. Is the market really that slow?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm amazed that you still have an allocation. When I first saw the thread I thought they would get snapped up within the hour.

A great deal from a great dealer. Is the market really that slow?
That is what I was thinking! But it seems like the more and more are popping up at dealerships so maybe just getting easier to purchase? But I am sure it will be picked up sooner than later!

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, learned something new today. I always assumed that the taxation follows residency. When I used to live in OR and purchased my wife's BMW from a WA dealer they did not charge me sales tax based on the address on my DL. Weird.
As noted, it depends on the state laws and product.

For instance, I bought a hot rod last year in a different state and had them ship to me. I paid sales tax on the vehicle purchase based on my residence. No tax was due or collected from the state where the dealership made the sale.

In business, we do projects across multiple states. Material purchases are often in 10's or 100's of millions. Most our customers are government entities. Some elect to use tax exemption to avoid paying sales tax on the front end (which effectively stretches their budgets further). Others elect to have you pay sales tax on materials, which pushes their initial purchase price up (reducing effectiveness of their budget dollars) but they collect the tax revenue on the back end.

Where it gets a little tricky is that often materials are usually taxed at point of delivery. This normally involves a state, city and county tax. State tax is usually static but county & city are typically variable based on zones. So its entirely possible to pay 8% tax on the same materials delivered on the left side of the road vs 3% if delivered on the right side of the road due to these zoning variances.

It can be very advantageous and savvy to strategically determine material delivery yards. The trade off being if you deliver too far away, you may have to double handle materials which come with a cost. However, that is not always the case. Saving 5% on $10m material is a $500k variance that could help lower upfront cost and win business. Others may elect to fatten their profit margin, or some combo of the two.

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What is Granger doing on Outerbanks and Badlands? Are the other models 2% as well?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is Granger doing on Outerbanks and Badlands? Are the other models 2% as well?
Unfortunately, we did not receive any 2024 models. So no deal at this time:confused:
Sponsored