James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
wow, poor form from Granger after all this trust we have put in them
They've never hidden this information, and it's in no way in poor form to request a deposit before your vehicle is shipped to them. $500 is probably the lowest I've seen from any dealer.

Milesfrmnowhere

Black Diamond
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 73 93 and 96 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They've never hidden this information, and it's in no way in poor form to request a deposit before your vehicle is shipped to them. $500 is probably the lowest I've seen from any dealer.
Just my opinion. We all have them.
I have ordered 3 new fords in the last 3 years and never had a deposit required.

Milesfrmnowhere

Black Diamond
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just my opinion. We all have them.
I have ordered 3 new fords in the last 3 years and never had a deposit required.
and the deposit may have been known to you but I was never told

Sponsored

Milesfrmnowhere

Black Diamond
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't understand why this a big deal the $500. comes off the purchase and makes you a serious buyer.
I understand the reason for a deposit. Just don’t like it being sprung on me. Should have been in writing from the beginning. Makes me wonder what else might be sprung on me when I go to buy.

Can anyone who has purchased from Granger with an October 2020 reservation ease my fears?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once Bronco has shipped at what stage did you guys get the actual price of Bronco Including private offers? I’m on stage 3 but they seemed to have skipped step 2 and never got further details about what the final amount should be. I asked twice on it but still no idea on the final pricing. I can figure amount what I think it is but I might be wrong.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the reason for a deposit. Just don’t like it being sprung on me. Should have been in writing from the beginning. Makes me wonder what else might be sprung on me when I go to buy.

Can anyone who has purchased from Granger with an October 2020 reservation ease my fears?
The deposit is required and I doubt anything will be "sprung" on you when you go to buy. This group of folks are literally top notch, every dealer should seriously learn from them.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can see where you're coming from. I am a big fan of Granger. Something I'd never even considered saying about a damned car dealership. They are a different breed, and I don't see any reason to think they will spring anything on you. With almost every Granger customer being a rabid forum member, we would've heard some (negative) stories by now. All we've heard is praise.

That said, I wish it was communicated more clearly. ie During reorders while signing the docs. The only explicit mention I know of is here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ng-for-the-added-500-deposit.8293/post-301076

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zach, your dealership salesperson says now that I have a VIN finally after 2.5 years of waiting, a NON REFUNDABLE $500 deposit is required.
This was never told to me previously, in fact I was always told no deposit is required.
Is this true?
Yes, once we have a VIN we need a firm deposit and commitment to the vehicle. This has always been our policy.

Milesfrmnowhere

Black Diamond
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once Bronco has shipped at what stage did you guys get the actual price of Bronco Including private offers? I’m on stage 3 but they seemed to have skipped step 2 and never got further details about what the final amount should be. I asked twice on it but still no idea on the final pricing. I can figure amount what I think it is but I might be wrong.
I have asked for a price up also and have not received it yet they are still demanding the deposit asap.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base

I have worked with Granger Motors\Ford at an outside professional level since they first moved to Granger in 1984 and have never had a concern or problem. In Iowa a man's word is his bond. It's called "Iowa Nice". I hope you have that opportunity to experience that.

Last edited:

David T

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor (Ford Truck)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have worked with Granger Motors\Ford since they first moved to Granger in 1984 and have never had a concern or problem. In Iowa a man's word is his bond. It's called "Iowa Nice". I hope you have that opportunity to experience that.
Please don't steal labels from Minnesota...Next thing you know you'll want your own NFL team!

Milesfrmnowhere

Black Diamond
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can see where you're coming from. I am a big fan of Granger. Something I'd never even considered saying about a damned car dealership. They are a different breed, and I don't see any reason to think they will spring anything on you. With almost every Granger customer being a rabid forum member, we would've heard some (negative) stories by now. All we've heard is praise.

That said, I wish it was communicated more clearly. ie During reorders while signing the docs. The only explicit mention I know of is here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ng-for-the-added-500-deposit.8293/post-301076
Appreciate this response. Cheers
Sponsored