Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is CAC condensation. Grill shutters are also used to help limit the amount of liquid water your car ingests.

If you delete the AGS I can imagine any warranty that the dealer could blame on condensation (misfire, plug fouling, coilpacks) will not be honored.

Edit: I missed @BadlandsA51 's post. Great minds think a like....and have A51 Badlands.
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone want to sell me their 2.7 grill shutter assembly?
Has anyone noticed the rear shroud assembly? In addition to the active grille shutters in front, there is a rear shroud ducted towards the radiator, and below that opening there are gravity operated louvers... I can't figure out if the purpose of that shroud is to duct hot air upwards to be sucked out with the radiator fans or if the purpose is to allow heated air being drawn in through the radiator to be directed toward the intercooler during cold days...and I don't want to screw anything up especially in light of this:

Ford Bronco Grille Shutter Delete? Want to maximize cooling Screenshot_20231026_100113_Chrome

With that information in mind it is feasible that the Bronco may run too hot or too cold...and those shutters are designed to modulate or regulate temperatures. My guess is that for those of you that removed your shutters everything's working as it should and everything is all good, but for folks who live in extreme temperatures or who may be partially blocking things etc etc this could be the tip of the iceberg for potential warranty issues and customers having to pay to have something troubleshot that becomes an issue as a result of modifying the intercooler or the shutters (or simply adding a bumper or winch that blocks the critical area that's not supposed to be blocked). I love the comfort of my Bronco, but I miss the simplicity of the first generation Bronco drivetrain.

Last edited:

Sjortiz

Badlands
First Name
Shailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Morning, how are ya guys?

Simply put, never use eco mode and wanna maximize cooling when I get my intercooler as I'm doing the stock location, so whats needed, do I need to FORScan it or is it just rip some pieces out but also keep something to trick the unit?

Thanks in Advance
my shutter isn't opening and I've been postponing the fix until last night I realized the second turbo isn't building boost, so I guess the computer doesn't like the fact that it can't control that gate.

Any ideas on how to get rid of that ? I'd like to remove the vents too but I'm thinking it'll have the same effect, no second turbo

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my shutter isn't opening and I've been postponing the fix until last night I realized the second turbo isn't building boost, so I guess the computer doesn't like the fact that it can't control that gate.

Any ideas on how to get rid of that ? I'd like to remove the vents too but I'm thinking it'll have the same effect, no second turbo
Can’t you just remove the shutter and then plug the motor back in?
Sponsored