First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From my understanding, if you get the hard top, you don’t get the soft top. The only way to get both tops is to go with the dual top option. I could be wrong though.
If you get a hard top, then you don't get a soft top. To get both a soft top and a hard top, you'll need to get the dual tops option.

edit: d'oh, answered above already
Also (I know this isn't solidified but) I've seen the prices for the hardtops anywhere from $700-$2000, from the MIC to the Painted, but I'm confused about the price ranges, are they based on model?

I really want a white top, but I like the idea of a soft top and having both, but it's cost dependent.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also (I know this isn't solidified but) I've seen the prices for the hardtops anywhere from $700-$2000, from the MIC to the Painted, but I'm confused about the price ranges, are they based on model?

I really want a white top, but I like the idea of a soft top and having both, but it's cost dependent.
Molded-in-color top is the lower-priced one, ostensibly $700 if you ditch the soft top. The upgrade is the modular painted top, which IIRC was a $1900 option in the pricing survey. Why so much more? I have no idea, and I personally don't think it's worth it if the prices are roughly correct.

I think the prices are somewhat in line with Jeep's, so it might be worth checking out the build & price on a Wrangler.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Molded-in-color top is the lower-priced one, ostensibly $700 if you ditch the soft top. The upgrade is the modular painted top, which IIRC was a $1900 option in the pricing survey. Why so much more? I have no idea, and I personally don't think it's worth it if the prices are roughly correct.

I think the prices are somewhat in line with Jeep's, so it might be worth checking out the build & price on a Wrangler.
Awesome, I'll go take a look at the Jeep build and price.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I actually like the molded gray roof. I’ve never had a vehicle with a removable roof before, but from what I have heard, the molded in color roof will hide scratches much better than the painted roof, it’s cheaper, and if I remember correctly, it’s about 50% lighter. All those seems like good benefits to me and I like how the gray color goes with antimatter blue.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually like the molded gray roof. I’ve never had a vehicle with a removable roof before, but from what I have heard, the molded in color roof will hide scratches much better than the painted roof, it’s cheaper, and if I remember correctly, it’s about 50% lighter. All those seems like good benefits to me and I like how the gray color goes with antimatter blue.
Yes, it's lighter. But the MIC top isn't 50% lighter, supposedly the modular top is 50% heavier. Big difference.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm in MA, got tired of trying to turtling "freedom"hard aka heavy as eff hard top between seasons. Kept soft top on over one winter, never went back lol.
Power hoist in the garage - 15-20 minutes swap. But yeah, read that Ford has intentionally made the tops lighter.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to either get out more, or pay closer attention. About 50/50 here in Chicago area.
Here in Colorado I rarely see a soft top running around. There are a lot of jeeps around here too. Here I would say it’s 95% hard top to 5% soft top. You need to travel a little more.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m in Central Texas and the hard tops rule here. I just searched four dealers nearby and there are only four soft tops out of 200+ Wranglers available. I wonder if it’s not common for stock on the lot.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Power hoist in the garage - 15-20 minutes swap. But yeah, read that Ford has intentionally made the tops lighter.
Hoists are nice, if they work for your garage. Wasn't able to get that for my garage. Looks like bronco will be much easier!

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a hoist for my hardtop LJ. It was still heavy and awkward. My a garage had plenty of space to keep the top up and out of the way and it was still a pain in the butt. I can’t wait to get B&P. I think the modular top is the best option, but I am going to have to limit some of my options or I am going to end up in FE pricing land.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a dual top 2 door wrangler. Ran the soft top for several months and then switched to the hard top and never put the soft top back on. Just ended up being more convenient loading and unloading my dogs.

I liked both for different reasons. However, taking off a Jeep hard top is NOT a one person job. And I don’t have a a garage. So my hard top just never came off and I ended up running the roof on all the time.

I was really excited Ford seemed to take that to heart and had put together a modular top making it way easier to remove in pieces and do it alone. Now it sounds like that is not the case for the 2 door, which really sucks.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see lots of soft tops in the Carolinas. I’m glad Ford made the soft top standard on the four door because that’s what I wanted in the first place. I have no use for a hard top. I would pay extra for a white soft top though.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah looks like bronco made the hard top awesome compared to jeep. Removable pieces for the passengers in the back on both 4 and 2 doors is pretty sweet there is no need for a soft top at that point. Soft tops just don’t work for most people in the long run that’s why they are pretty non existent. I do like having that option regardless.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah looks like bronco made the hard top awesome compared to jeep. Removable pieces for the passengers in the back on both 4 and 2 doors is pretty sweet there is no need for a soft top at that point. Soft tops just don’t work for most people in the long run that’s why they are pretty non existent. I do like having that option regardless.
I don’t think the removable glass is true on the two door which sucks. I really wanted that if for no other reason than it would make it easier to remove the top alone.
Sponsored