First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Searched forum and didn’t see anything on just storing the hardtop safely in garage. Plenty of threads on hoists and such but nothing on just safely securing the hardtop in the garage. Don’t need a hoist.

Turned my garage into a man cave / pool house and storage is limited and I don’t have much height clearance.

Plan is to go soft top in the summer months and hard top in the fall / winter.

Any products out there to hang this on a wall somehow or a cart to wheel it around without scratching the hardtop up?

Thanks.
Sponsored

SSWildtrak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you don't need a way to lift it, why not just take two sections of 4x4, attach casters to each end of 'em, connect them with a couple of 2x4 scraps, then throw a blanket / tarp over the top itself?

You could even get 'fancy' and drill a couple of holes in the wood to match up with the mounting guides on the hardtop.

We removed our 2 door hardtop when I installed the Bestop soft top. We don't plan on ever reinstalling the hardtop.

OP
OP
CyberOrangeBadlands

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Topliftpros.com
Ford Bronco Hardtop storage? Top Lift
https://topliftpros.com/products/toplift-pro-bronco-2-door-hardtop-removal-tool-for-ford-bronco®

Its a cart that can be used manually or they have an electric element you can put on it. You take the top off and wheel it out of the way. You can pull the bronco in and it will sit just over the hood or you can push to the side if you have room. They have 2 and 4 door versions. I'm going to get one for my 2 door Wildtrak.
Thanks but thats a bit pricey.

Found this for Jeep Wrangler Hardtops but nothing yet for the Bronco . . .

https://www.hookeroad.com/products/...lf1H4tyD4OXk43RxxQXrS_Ujlfx4bPshoCP5QQAvD_BwE

Simple padded wheeled cart or something to mount on a wall would better suit my needs & space limitations.

Sponsored

JohnieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks - 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Topliftpros.com
Ford Bronco Hardtop storage? Top Lift
https://topliftpros.com/products/toplift-pro-bronco-2-door-hardtop-removal-tool-for-ford-bronco®

Its a cart that can be used manually or they have an electric element you can put on it. You take the top off and wheel it out of the way. You can pull the bronco in and it will sit just over the hood or you can push to the side if you have room. They have 2 and 4 door versions. I'm going to get one for my 2 door Wildtrak.
I've been looking at this one too. Ships at the end of March 23. Getting too old to lift it off myself...this looks like the best solution for quick on and off. Pricy? Yes. But you get what you pay for...so why not get what looks like the best? I figure this will allow me way more times to quickly pop off the top...and thus more time enjoying the drive topless. Easily put it back on if I want too.

The J-barr looked good too...half the price...but the whole hoist thing scares me a little and looks a little tougher to line up when I'm doing this solo.

I'm leaning TopLift Pro.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BROADDICT is developing a cart right now. They posted a thread with renderings last month but idk when it'll be in circulation.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, I bought a small yard cart to tow behind the tractor to haul sticks and stuff with ... lo' and behold, it wil hold the 2 dr hard top fairly well.
Now, I just push it behind the house if I plan to have the top off for a few days, that way I get the garage space back for the topless Bronco to be safe.
Can't seem to find any pics of it with the top on it.
Not perfect, but I already had it ... so, free!!
Similar to this:
$159.00
Ford Bronco Hardtop storage? 1677297200565

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been looking at this one too. Ships at the end of March 23. Getting too old to lift it off myself...this looks like the best solution for quick on and off. Pricy? Yes. But you get what you pay for...so why not get what looks like the best? I figure this will allow me way more times to quickly pop off the top...and thus more time enjoying the drive topless. Easily put it back on if I want too.

The J-barr looked good too...half the price...but the whole hoist thing scares me a little and looks a little tougher to line up when I'm doing this solo.

I'm leaning TopLift Pro.
Just ordered the JBarr. Will let you know how it goes (if anyone is interested ;) )

Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I sort of want something like a TopLift for the ease and simplicity of removing/installing the top but really don't want yet another gadget taking up space in the garage. And given I have the Tuffy Security enclosure over the cargo area, those types of solutions don't work well together anyway.

When I had my JLU I built a cam-strap system to remove the top and would then place on a storage cart such as this:

Ford Bronco Hardtop storage? 1680212475038

Ford Bronco Hardtop storage? 1680212567711

The plan was to use the same system for the Bronco but there's an issue: the Bronco top isn't as tall as the Jeep. This means that it wouldn't catch the top support bar when I tried to lean it back. Thankfully my cart is adjustable width-wise. So what I did was push the two legs inward as much as possible and I'm now able to rest the Bronco top completely vertically on the cart which takes up less space in the garage when stored (with a BRaptor I need as much space as possible).

You can't see from the picture below but the roof-side rests against the support arm. I also taped some pipe insulation around the support arm and legs for protection. Now the rear glass doesn't want to open downward and drag the ground either.

Ford Bronco Hardtop storage? 1680212458234

Ford Bronco Hardtop storage? 1680212837130

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I sort of want something like a TopLift for the ease and simplicity of removing/installing the top but really don't want yet another gadget taking up space in the garage. And given I have the Tuffy Security enclosure over the cargo area, those types of solutions don't work well together anyway.

When I had my JLU I built a cam-strap system to remove the top and would then place on a storage cart such as this:

The plan was to use the same system for the Bronco but there's an issue: the Bronco top isn't as tall as the Jeep. This means that it wouldn't catch the top support bar when I tried to lean it back. Thankfully my cart is adjustable width-wise. So what I did was push the two legs inward as much as possible and I'm now able to rest the Bronco top completely vertically on the cart which takes up less space in the garage when stored (with a BRaptor I need as much space as possible).

You can't see from the picture below but the roof-side rests against the support arm. I also taped some pipe insulation around the support arm and legs for protection. Now the rear glass doesn't want to open downward and drag the ground either.

Dumb question, but how difficult is it to get the hardtop in/out of that cart setup? Do you use a ceiling hoist to maneuver it? Or have another person help?

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered the JBarr. Will let you know how it goes (if anyone is interested ;) )
I am def. Interested. Wife wants a soft top, but I’m not a fan of any really, so a quick on/off option is we’re I am leaning

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dumb question, but how difficult is it to get the hardtop in/out of that cart setup? Do you use a ceiling hoist to maneuver it? Or have another person help?
I actually rest the top horizontally on a couple of rubberized boxes (Race Ramps) about a foot off the ground. From there it’s a simple tilt onto the cart. Complete 1-person job…

Reactions: Fly

mattymatthall

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Topliftpros.com

Yep, I got the 2DR preorder too. Hoping to get it in around 4 weeks they said.
Sponsored