Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello Bronc6G!

Nick here from Mishimoto and Borne Off-Road! I just wanted to kick this thread off and get our foot in the door here to let you know that we're excited to get started on a few projects for the Bronco 2.3L platform.

For those unfamiliar with us, we specialize in all things performance across a wide range of applications. All of the magic happens in our R&D facility, located right in New Castle, Delaware. It's wall-to-wall automotive ingenuity here, and our team of engineers comes prepared with all of the state-of-the-art tools for precision design, prototyping, fabrication, and testing. To find out more make sure that you head over to our Engineering Blog for a full behind-the-scenes look at our products and process:

Mishimoto Engineering Blog

Over the last few years, we've built up quite the portfolio of Ford application-specific products ranging from the massive 6.7L Powerstroke all the way to the range of hot-hatches, with everything in between. We've had an especially intimate experience with the 2.3L EcoBoost, given our Ranger product development, and we cannot wait to apply that expertise to the Bronco platform.

What would you guys like to see us make for the 2.3L Bronco?

Plenty more to come! Keep your eyes peeled for some more threads from us!

-Nick
First item after catch can for 2.3l would be intercooler kit *with relocation* to move top or side area of engine, NOT bottom-dead-center.
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4" turbo-back with anti-lag switch... might scare away the Jeeps... might also need a rebuild kit for the 7MT to go with that

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i think you should concentrate on an intercooler upgrade. i feel like heat soak might become a problem especially if the intercooler were to get fouled with mud or dirt. so wide cooling fins which could be easily cleaned would be a definite advantage. also maybe taking a look to see if the plumbing could use some cleaning up. there was a previous mention of a cold air intake, please if you do this, consider some of these vehicles may be fording streams and mud bogs, keep the intake high. hydro locked engines cost money and if you sell a CAI, someone will sue if that happens...

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
piping. rad, intercooler, intake, etc. make the engine run cooler and reliable.
maybe aux fans to hook up to the aux switches? dual battery setups? air compressor for under the hood? stuff to make use of aux switches.
I like where your head's at!

Glad we're on the same page!

But seriously in my order of desire

1. Oil catch can
2. Cold air intake
3. Intercooler kit

then pretty much the rest of your offerings from the Ranger.

And feel free to take some time to develop them. My wallet will need time to recuperate.
Understood! That is actually likely the same order that we'll be working on those products!

I’m sure you already have one in development, but we definitely need a Bronco specific catch-can ASAP. The ones you make for the Ranger are great, and I’ll buy the Bronco one as soon as it’s released. If you need anyone to test a prototype, let me know!
Roger that! Yep our catch can kit is first on the list for the Broncos! I'll definitely let you know if we're in need of a donor vehicle!

I am more interested in low end torque rather than high peak horse power. What 2.3 modifications would be best for that?
I do not mean to hijack this thread but your best bang for low end will be Tune related once released!
Paired with an intercooler & catch can to keep that EcoBoost in tip top shape!
@Bikeric What Chris said ^. A tune is going to both give you that low-end grunt plus adjust your throttle to just generally make it feel quicker too. Adding an intake and intercooler will only improve the power gains from the tune

4" turbo-back with anti-lag switch... might scare away the Jeeps... might also need a rebuild kit for the 7MT to go with that
I know I'd love to hear those sounds coming from a Bronco!

i think you should concentrate on an intercooler upgrade. i feel like heat soak might become a problem especially if the intercooler were to get fouled with mud or dirt. so wide cooling fins which could be easily cleaned would be a definite advantage. also maybe taking a look to see if the plumbing could use some cleaning up. there was a previous mention of a cold air intake, please if you do this, consider some of these vehicles may be fording streams and mud bogs, keep the intake high. hydro locked engines cost money and if you sell a CAI, someone will sue if that happens...
Thanks so much for your input! Intercooling is definitely going to be a priority for us, and we definitely only want to enhance the Bronco's offroading capabilities, so we're going to make sure that any components can withstand the much and grime that it's sure to encounter

Thanks guys!
-Nick

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for supporting our Broncos. I'm headed for the 2.7L but glad to see both engines being supported by vendors.

Sponsored

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Mishimoto someone had mentioned it above, but just to reiterate-- intercooler relocation may become a necessity, as winch mount bumpers may inhibit the airflow to the intercooler itself. I have yet to see a Bronco in person, but just looking at all the images online, I can imagine this will be an issue.

Thank you!

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you’re here

can’t wait for Intercooler kits to be developed, first thing I wanna do performance wise

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever you develop, I hope it's done better than your 6.7l diesel radiators...

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for supporting our Broncos. I'm headed for the 2.7L but glad to see both engines being supported by vendors.
Absolutely! We're very excited and honored to get to be a part of this community!

@Mishimoto someone had mentioned it above, but just to reiterate-- intercooler relocation may become a necessity, as winch mount bumpers may inhibit the airflow to the intercooler itself. I have yet to see a Bronco in person, but just looking at all the images online, I can imagine this will be an issue.

Thank you!
We'll definitely make sure to keep that in mind during our development! We know that if it's not a winch in the way, there will definitely be something else blocking flow to the intercooler, and that's the last thing that we'd want to do!

Glad you’re here

can’t wait for Intercooler kits to be developed, first thing I wanna do performance wise
Glad to be here! :cool:

We can't wait to start digging into the intercooler and other performance mods!

Whatever you develop, I hope it's done better than your 6.7l diesel radiators...
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the 6.7L radiator! Thanks to feedback from our customers we have recently revamped this radiator with strutted tubes and much more sturdy/vibration resistant side mounting pegs. Don't hesitate to reach out via PM, or to our customer service department if you need help with a warranty claim, and swapping out with the updated version!

-Nick

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, you guys are only about 40 minutes drive for me, I'll be watching!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up and let y'all know that we're hoping to start on some of these projects soon! We're, unfortunately, still waiting on the delivery of our 2.3L Bronco, but we're hoping to start digging in soon!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how is the 1st thing on your list coming along anyway? Ford has been producing Broncos for a while now
We're still waiting to get our hands on both engine options! Both of our Bronco orders are still in production but are experiencing some delays, even though we didn't go for the hard top options. We're hoping for some good news soon on our deliveries soon!

-Nick

Deleted member 12876

A lift for the Sasquatch package that does not include coil overs but still provides off capabilities that the bronco was designed for!!

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hyundai accent, 1988 Porsche 944
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello Bronc6G!

Nick here from Mishimoto and Borne Off-Road! I just wanted to kick this thread off and get our foot in the door here to let you know that we're excited to get started on a few projects for the Bronco 2.3L platform.

For those unfamiliar with us, we specialize in all things performance across a wide range of applications. All of the magic happens in our R&D facility, located right in New Castle, Delaware. It's wall-to-wall automotive ingenuity here, and our team of engineers comes prepared with all of the state-of-the-art tools for precision design, prototyping, fabrication, and testing. To find out more make sure that you head over to our Engineering Blog for a full behind-the-scenes look at our products and process:

Mishimoto Engineering Blog

Over the last few years, we've built up quite the portfolio of Ford application-specific products ranging from the massive 6.7L Powerstroke all the way to the range of hot-hatches, with everything in between. We've had an especially intimate experience with the 2.3L EcoBoost, given our Ranger product development, and we cannot wait to apply that expertise to the Bronco platform.

What would you guys like to see us make for the 2.3L Bronco?

Plenty more to come! Keep your eyes peeled for some more threads from us!

-Nick
Please make a transmission cooler. I did the off-roadeo and the temps got up to 205°f. Way too high for my tastes.
Sponsored