Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mishimoto, who already has a catch can for the 2.3t in the Ranger, has just released their intercooler piping upgrade (Sale price for the launch product goes until the end of January 2021). The intercooler will follow in a few months and they have claimed +11 whp and +22 wtq with their setup on stock tune. There are some notes that they are seeing the stock tune pull timing to try and adjust for the increase in air volume.

Will be curious to see what, if anything, they come up with for Bronco and how/if the Bronco ECU is further locked down from custom tuning as Ford has alluded to.

https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-rang..._source=ranger5g&utm_medium=forum#prettyPhoto

Based on products in the past, I would anticipate if they change this kit to fit Bronco (assuming minor packaging changes to the 2.3 and possibly more space for easier install), it will not take very long compared to the design phase for bringing this to market for Ranger Bronco. (oops, typo)

Edit:
Full thread in Ranger forums with really helpful communication from Mishimoto is at the link below:

Not a Rick Roll, honestly. Click me!

Full disclosure: I'm not going to be modifying the 2.3 in Bronco, I already have tinker cars that take all my modification budget. Just wanted to share this for others who wanted a few cheap HP on their rig.

PS: Yes we all know, the 2.7 and it's twin turbos will be 8x more reliable, 8x more hp, 16x more tq and 1,000x less exciting to drive with the AT than those of us "stuck" with the 2.3.... Save it, there is a whole section for you folks to post your 2.7 mad-ultimate-pah threads.

PPS: Told you it wasn't a Rick Roll.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah Fords IC are garbage

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool hope this becomes an option. I am not in a huge rush to upgrade my IC or piping but would like to upgrade if only for a more sturdy unit.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty cool! I think the 2.3 will just be a better package assuming it’s much lighter in weight. Should help the Bronco do everything it’s meant to do, better.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the 2.7 will be faster?

Ford Bronco Mishimoto releases intercooler piping for 2.3t Ranger 1609901889439

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In all seriousness, this is awesome news that the Ranger has the same motors because it will (hopefully) expedite the R&D phase for companies and Mishimoto is a good one.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excellent. I am personally hoping for alot of "optimization" parts. Intercoolers, tuners, manifolds, mufflers, and such. I would like to do smaller modifications while still paying it off. After that I will go wild, but having a fully optimized stock motor maybe pushing 320-350 hp would be great the time being.

I have always dreamed of having a 85 or early 90s fox body notchback that is as light as comfortably possible and have the motor tuned with the best factory parts all ported and lightened up to about 300 horse and just blow minds as a sleeper.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one will mod the shit out of my 2.3?
same here. Just like my Subarus, I’m buying the Bronco with the intention of modding it. Probably will keep it simple (at first) and follow the lead of the Mustang Ecoboost and Ranger owners.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mishimoto, who already has a catch can for the 2.3t in the Ranger, has just released their intercooler piping upgrade (Sale price for the launch product goes until the end of January 2021). The intercooler will follow in a few months and they have claimed +11 whp and +22 wtq with their setup on stock tune. There are some notes that they are seeing the stock tune pull timing to try and adjust for the increase in air volume.

Will be curious to see what, if anything, they come up with for Bronco and how/if the Bronco ECU is further locked down from custom tuning as Ford has alluded to.

https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-rang..._source=ranger5g&utm_medium=forum#prettyPhoto

Based on products in the past, I would anticipate if they change this kit to fit Bronco (assuming minor packaging changes to the 2.3 and possibly more space for easier install), it will not take very long compared to the design phase for bringing this to market for Ranger Bronco. (oops, typo)

Edit:
Full thread in Ranger forums with really helpful communication from Mishimoto is at the link below:

Not a Rick Roll, honestly. Click me!

Full disclosure: I'm not going to be modifying the 2.3 in Bronco, I already have tinker cars that take all my modification budget. Just wanted to share this for others who wanted a few cheap HP on their rig.

PS: Yes we all know, the 2.7 and it's twin turbos will be 8x more reliable, 8x more hp, 16x more tq and 1,000x less exciting to drive with the AT than those of us "stuck" with the 2.3.... Save it, there is a whole section for you folks to post your 2.7 mad-ultimate-pah threads.

PPS: Told you it wasn't a Rick Roll.
Nice! I haven’t seen any mention of ford “locking up” the ECU. Where have you guys seen that?

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect, doing that ASAP, even if I have to DIY with my lack of knowledge

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stock vs Mishimoto hot pipe

Even if it doesnt offer tons of buff ponies, you can already see the difference
Ford Bronco Mishimoto releases intercooler piping for 2.3t Ranger IMG_20210114_110631155_HDR_2
Sponsored