First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy Avalanche z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not, but you might as well join the rest of us at Stephens Auto in WV.:)
I have been considering that the past couple of days just would prefer to stay local or in state if possible but saw someone mention the caravan idea and that would be cool
Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have been considering that the past couple of days just would prefer to stay local or in state if possible but saw someone mention the caravan idea and that would be cool
I am from that area so I am used to the drive. Not sure where you are in NC though.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded emails with Capital Ford in Wilmington, NC about whether or not they would match the deal from Stephens. They were very prompt and nice, and said they would honor X-plan if it is offered and will not add ADM, but will not be offering additional deals such as the one from Stephens at this time. So, I’m considering switching to Stephens by the end of October.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in Chapel Hill. I stalled on making a reservation b/c I was hoping there would be actual dealer stock next year, but that appears to an empty hope.

Consequently, I ended up reserving a 4-door OBX this week (10/2/20) at Stephens in WVa. I love the Granger deal, but when factoring in travel time, food, hotel, etc, I decided Stephens probably worked better for me and won't really end up costing much more.

I contacted Capital Ford, University Ford, and Crossroads Ford to see if any would match. Only Crossroads has bothered to call and talk with me so far. They said they cannot promise to match either deal but they felt "confident" they'd be able to do 1k under invoice. However, they wouldn't put that in writing at this point. They also argued you cannot combine the X-Plan discount with any other discount.

(edited to reflect reservation info since I hadn't reserved at the original post)

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded emails with Capital Ford in Wilmington, NC about whether or not they would match the deal from Stephens. They were very prompt and nice, and said they would honor X-plan if it is offered and will not add ADM, but will not be offering additional deals such as the one from Stephens at this time. So, I’m considering switching to Stephens by the end of October.
Is your reservation with Capital? They weren't even available as a choice for me on reveal night, so I was forced into Fairway Ford in Burgaw. Still no word on X-Plan from them but if they don't, I'd switch to Capital.

I'd do Stephens if I was trading in something but I'm not and don't want to fly during Covid.

Sponsored

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is your reservation with Capital? They weren't even available as a choice for me on reveal night, so I was forced into Fairway Ford in Burgaw. Still no word on X-Plan from them but if they don't, I'd switch to Capital.

I'd do Stephens if I was trading in something but I'm not and don't want to fly during Covid.
I'm just gonna rent a cheap car and drive up.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, my reservation is with Capital. I also saw that they weren’t available as an option on reveal night, and in hindsight I made the wrong decision and waited until 2 days later to book my reservation when Capital appeared as an available option. So, I’m a little ways down on the reservation list. But, I’m almost certainly switching to Stephens by the end of October.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm just gonna rent a cheap car and drive up.
That's my plan, too. My wife and daughter want to go, so I guess we could drive up together in one of our current cars and ride back separately; but a rental seems like a better idea.

Sponsored

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ram 1500, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just switched my reservation to Stephen’s this morning, since my local dealer wouldn’t match the offer after asking twice. Looking forward to the drive home from WV in my new Bronco! Also the customer service center told me on the phone you now have until 31 January to switch instead of 31 October but hey if they aren’t willing locally to match the deal now then I’m not waiting any longer.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone. New member, first post. Reserved BD in early August and arbitrarily chose Crossroads Apex as my dealership because it's close to me in Chapel Hill. Haven't seen much about what they're doing in the thread, but everyone seems to be switching to Stephens in WV. Google says that's 5.5 hrs each way. Is it worth it?

Also plan on trading my GC Trailhawk but no idea how that works on reservations.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey everyone. New member, first post. Reserved BD in early August and arbitrarily chose Crossroads Apex as my dealership because it's close to me in Chapel Hill. Haven't seen much about what they're doing in the thread, but everyone seems to be switching to Stephens in WV. Google says that's 5.5 hrs each way. Is it worth it?

Also plan on trading my GC Trailhawk but no idea how that works on reservations.
$1,000/$1,300 (with X-plan) below invoice. They are also a Jeep dealer so that might be a good trade for them.

Plus you get to stick it to all the local dealers that think they have you over a barrel!

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plus you get to stick it to all the local dealers that think they have you over a barrel!
At least here in the Asheville/WNC area, we all avoid Asheville area dealers for the same reason. You can go to Atlanta/Greenville/Knoxville/Tri-Cities and get much better deals than the WNC dealers.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember reading about dealer allotments a few weeks back; I assume Stephens is big enough to not be impacted with all of us switching to there?

And there's no penalty for switching, right? You don't get bumped down the list?
Sponsored