Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For anyone in search of a place to order a MY22 or MY23 from, Cella Ford in New Bern, granted 6hrs from yall in Hickory, (I grew up in Cleveland County near ya).. honored our MSRP signed agreement in Feb 21 on delivery 10months later in Dec 21. There were no ADMs. Good people all around. You should obtain a copy of your order signed by dealerahip GM and yourself, that will protect from any surprises.
Second that. Great experience with Cella.
Sponsored

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m near the Outer Banks and reserved with Bill Clough Ford in Windsor, NC
Stans up dealer selling me at A Plan

BroncoSkippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the RDU area and ordered through Crossroads Wake Forest. Very limited communication so far. I have a Reservation Date of 10/29/2020 and my 2021 was converted to a 2022 in October 2021 (a year later, sigh). As of right now Ford's web site has my order "Scheduled for Production" no build date. I originally ordered a 2.3L, 4-door Outer Banks, Sasquatch, towing package and a MIC top. The conversion to a 2022 resulted in me losing my color choice (Antimatter Blue now switched to Shadow Black) but, I decided to upgrade the engine to a 2.7L and changed the top to a soft top. I just learned today that my order still includes the MIC top (figured out how to see the spec sheet on the FORD web site) which is odd as the sales person and I went back and forth on this point during the re-order process last October. At the time I thought it strange that the salesperson was so inquisitive on why I wanted to switch tops...It felt like I had to convince her that was what I actually wanted! At this point I feel like if I touch this order its going to get delayed to 2024...so I can live with this.

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I couldn't find any dealer in the area that would even talk to me when I was inquiring back in 2020. Nobody would commit to a price. I ended up at Stephens and picked up my Bronco in August 2021. Great bunch of folks up there at Stephens. Sold to me at $1K under invoice just like they promised. Would highly recommend. Wasn't a long journey from here in Statesville.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the RDU area and ordered through Crossroads Wake Forest. Very limited communication so far. I have a Reservation Date of 10/29/2020 and my 2021 was converted to a 2022 in October 2021 (a year later, sigh). As of right now Ford's web site has my order "Scheduled for Production" no build date. I originally ordered a 2.3L, 4-door Outer Banks, Sasquatch, towing package and a MIC top. The conversion to a 2022 resulted in me losing my color choice (Antimatter Blue now switched to Shadow Black) but, I decided to upgrade the engine to a 2.7L and changed the top to a soft top. I just learned today that my order still includes the MIC top (figured out how to see the spec sheet on the FORD web site) which is odd as the sales person and I went back and forth on this point during the re-order process last October. At the time I thought it strange that the salesperson was so inquisitive on why I wanted to switch tops...It felt like I had to convince her that was what I actually wanted! At this point I feel like if I touch this order its going to get delayed to 2024...so I can live with this.
I live in Apex and I bought from Crossroads in Apex and had a pretty smooth experience. There was some dead space, but that is to be expected in the process.

When I changed my order, they had be resign the order sheet. what did that indicate?

Sponsored

BroncoSkippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in Apex and I bought from Crossroads in Apex and had a pretty smooth experience. There was some dead space, but that is to be expected in the process.

When I changed my order, they had be resign the order sheet. what did that indicate?
We did everything over the phone so I never saw any order sheet. But we went over the order several times and the salesperson repeated everything back to me. That’s when we got into the odd discussion about me wanting to switch to a soft top from the MIC. She emphasized that switching wouldn’t speed up the build and that Crossroads was given an outsized allocation of hard tops in NC. But I insisted and she confirmed the change. The other changes are in the new build sheet so I’m a little perplexed why this happened.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We did everything over the phone so I never saw any order sheet. But we went over the order several times and the salesperson repeated everything back to me. That’s when we got into the odd discussion about me wanting to switch to a soft top from the MIC. She emphasized that switching wouldn’t speed up the build and that Crossroads was given an outsized allocation of hard tops in NC. But I insisted and she confirmed the change. The other changes are in the new build sheet so I’m a little perplexed why this happened.
I'm not sure. Mine is a 2dr hardtop, and I got it in mid Nov. They always made my sign the order sheet. I would probably ask to see it, just to confirm.

BroncoSkippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure. Mine is a 2dr hardtop, and I got it in mid Nov. They always made my sign the order sheet. I would probably ask to see it, just to confirm.
Do you like the hardtop? It was my first choice so I’m not that uptight about it. I’ve had Jeep’s with both and find both have their advantages. My current Jeep has the one touch system which is the best of both worlds.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you like the hardtop? It was my first choice so I’m not that uptight about it. I’ve had Jeep’s with both and find both have their advantages. My current Jeep has the one touch system which is the best of both worlds.
I do like it. This morning was the first time it leaked though, a few drops, but I blame the massive rain and high winds we had this morning. Otherwise, no issues to speak of.

If the 2dr had a quality soft top, I would have gone that route, and I still might in a year or tow. Until then, the MIC is great.

here is the 2 Dr BD at Oak Island.

PXL_20211112_181116538.jpg

BroncoSkippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do like it. This morning was the first time it leaked though, a few drops, but I blame the massive rain and high winds we had this morning. Otherwise, no issues to speak of.

If the 2dr had a quality soft top, I would have gone that route, and I still might in a year or tow. Until then, the MIC is great.

here is the 2 Dr BD at Oak Island.

Ford Bronco Hello from NC! PXL_20211112_181116538
Looks awesome! I’ve gotten 3D vintage white Bronco script badges that I’ll put on after I remove the Outer Banks stickers. I think the white will look good against the black. Are you planning any “enhancements”

Sponsored

Ashallyb96

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Altima, 2005 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered a Cactus Grey OBX from Paramount ford in Valdese, NC. I'm part of the 12/13 in limbo group.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks awesome! I’ve gotten 3D vintage white Bronco script badges that I’ll put on after I remove the Outer Banks stickers. I think the white will look good against the black. Are you planning any “enhancements”
Very cool, that will look nice.
I will probably add the Bronco script as well, also added a rack to transport mh SUP. Nothing major until I find a soft top I like. It's pretty damn perfect the way it is, for.me. lol

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Howdy, NC peeps. I'm in Concord. I don't have anything terribly useful to contribute to this convo - just figured I'd pop in with my experience. I'm a July 2020 reservation holder. I originally reserved with Hilbish in Kannapolis. I called them at that time to ask about pricing, and they basically said they weren't committing to anything. I called around to a few others in the area and got the same reply. So I jumped on the Stephens train and switched to them. I'm still waiting (and probably will be until late this year, if even then...). But, that's fine. I'm not in any particular hurry.

For what it's worth, I've never had a good experience at any of the Charlotte area Ford dealers. I did buy a Focus ST from Cloninger up in Hickory a few years ago. Didn't really have a great experience with them. Their finance dude pulled the typically dealer BS to try to get me to buy extra stuff.

Anyways. Dealers in this area kinda suck. Ha. Glad Stephens is only a few hours away!

Last edited:

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered a Cactus Grey OBX from Paramount ford in Valdese, NC. I'm part of the 12/13 in limbo group.
Is that the dealership with the old dude who used to be on TV all the time yelling "exit XXX in VAAAAALLLLDEEESE!!" Every time I drive by Valdese I hear that guy in my head.

For those disgruntled with Western NC dealerships, I had no issues with Huntersville Ford. Everything went smooth with no surprises and they were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances. I've since bought a few accessories from their parts department and they seem fairly well stocked.

Ashallyb96

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Altima, 2005 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that the dealership with the old dude who used to be on TV all the time yelling "exit XXX in VAAAAALLLLDEEESE!!" Every time I drive by Valdese I hear that guy in my head.

For those disgruntled with Western NC dealerships, I had no issues with Huntersville Ford. Everything went smooth with no surprises and they were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances. I've since bought a few accessories from their parts department and they seem fairly well stocked.
Yeah it is lol, he actually flipped his outer banks and some woman bought it out of state site unseen a couple months back.
Sponsored