Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Help! I paid my Bronco off Nov 1. The bank (Northwest) has given me documentation to show this. The dealer, Asheville Ford, applied for the title with the state of NC with Ford Credit as the lien holder. Ford Credit has the title. At this point, the dealer will not do anything more, despite several phone calls and making it clear they made a mistake. I have spoken to Ford Corporate, the DOT of NC, and the middle-man who transferred the electronic title from the dealer to Ford Credit. I cannot get through to Ford Credit. I have contacted my lawyer but this is going to be expensive. Ideas?
Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Help! I paid my Bronco off Nov 1. The bank (Northwest) has given me documentation to show this. The dealer, Asheville Ford, applied for the title with the state of NC with Ford Credit as the lien holder. Ford Credit has the title. At this point, the dealer will not do anything more, despite several phone calls and making it clear they made a mistake. I have spoken to Ford Corporate, the DOT of NC, and the middle-man who transferred the electronic title from the dealer to Ford Credit. I cannot get through to Ford Credit. I have contacted my lawyer but this is going to be expensive. Ideas?

I had a similar situation some years back, with a lingering lien on a paid off title. Somebody in the chain needs to have the cajones to sign their name and write their company info on a "Lien Release Form." Just use that term with each party in the chain until someone relents.