Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

NB3Z-3504-M who has access to Ford parts distribution centers. Would like to know if there are any around the country. Trying to replace defective Hoss 3.0 rack.
Sponsored

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently k coded by ford because of the Hoss 3.0 recall going on rn. Only place in CA where I assume you are is Galpin Ford.

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Currently k coded by ford because of the Hoss 3.0 recall going on rn. Only place in CA where I assume you are is Galpin Ford.
Thanks for the response, k code means ? I know about the recall and Galpin in So Cal has one. Went to install a Hoss last week and it was defective.

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the response, k code means ? I know about the recall and Galpin in So Cal has one. Went to install a Hoss last week and it was defective.
K coded means it will auto cancel when we order it. Where did you purchase the first part from?

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I purchased from"OEM Ford Parts Direct" online store which is Thoroughbred Ford, Inc in Kansas City. Called Galpin today parts department told me 2,200 for the rack in stock and Ford parts distribution center had 13 available. Also service department had no clue about the recall/ issue with the racks. Again thanks for whatever information you can impart.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only if I get double d,s and a kiss and a BJ.

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update at the point Ford is not filling orders for the Hoss rack my second order has been canceled.

"This is to confirm that order #2104 has been canceled, and a refund of $1,764.73 has been processed. It may take 2-5 business days for the refund to reflect on your billing statement."

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased from"OEM Ford Parts Direct" online store which is Thoroughbred Ford, Inc in Kansas City. Called Galpin today parts department told me 2,200 for the rack in stock and Ford parts distribution center had 13 available. Also service department had no clue about the recall/ issue with the racks. Again thanks for whatever information you can impart.
Do you have your receipt and is your Vin on the receipt? You should be able to get it warrantied. You may need to pay for it up front to get the new part depending upon the dealer policy of where you go to get it warrantied.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is almost unbelievable. Ford Build a shitty rack meant for a escape and put it on the Bronco, then after you design a new bigger better part and even show it off with chest puffed out at SEMA, then make a few of these "performance racks" with defective parts....then yank all the good racks off the shelf to install at the assembly line. And do a partial "DO NOT DRIVE" recall on the junk....allthewhile giving zero information or help to those that have asked and are potentially at risk... Someone or a group of us should rent a booth at SEMA this year, stuff it full of busted tie rods and fucked up racks, with the whole motive of showing off Fords rack problems and lack of management to the public. Maybe @Ford Motor Company would pay attention then????

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A steering rack with a recall is a huge safety concern to Ford Bean Counters. Even though we see it a a performance thing, any part related to a Nationwide recall is going to be segregated and not sold to the public.

Im sure once they resume production it will become available again. And hopefully with all the aftermarket interest now, Ford Performance will work a little faster on getting their version and programming done.
Sponsored