Sponsored

Help needed! Ford building wrong vehicle after 2 1/2 yr wait!

2022RaptorOrder!

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GMC Denali
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any help or direction reaching someone at Ford would be great! Ford marketing hasn’t been able to help and my communication to executives hasn’t succeeded. My first 2 vehicles I purchased were 1988 and 1989 Bronco Eddie Bauers. I was truly excited to purchase a Bronco Raptor.

Timeline:

9/2021- 4/2022: Tried to preorder Bronco Raptor from Gaithersburg, Maryland Ford Dealership. Only offered a previous order for $115K
8/2022: Len Stoler Ford in Owings Mills, Maryland offered allocation and placed order for 2022 Bronco Raptor based on my preferences.
10/2022: Len Stoler reordered same vehicle due to allocations on their end for a 2023 model year.
11/2022: Len Stoler closed their Ford line of business and my order was transferred to Preston Ford West in Randallstown, Maryland. I was not involved in selecting the new dealership and was later told that transferring to a different dealer is not an option.
11/2022 - 12/2023 Vehicle remained in clean/build status but no movement and very little communication from new dealer. Dealt with 3-4 different sales managers and GMs at Preston Ford.
8/17/2023: Sales consultant at Preston Ford placed new order for 2024 that evidently did not match my original order. I attempted to discuss options for the 2024 order but was never contacted. I was just sent a text saying they were trying to get their foot in the door and it was a matching order in case my 23 was not built.
8/17/2023 - 10/17/2023: Zero proactive communication from dealer. Every time I reached out I was told he was busy with month end, the Ford strike is an issue, and his rep hasn’t gotten back to him.
10/17/2023 - 1/9/2024: Zero communication at all from dealer.
1/9/2024 - Contacted Ford Marketing and was informed there was a VIN number and build date for 1/22/2024! After viewing the status, noticed the vehicle didn’t match my order. Immediately contacted dealership GM and have been told changes can’t be made to vehicle. I have also been informed the MSRP is $96K, up from $83K on my initial order!

I figured I would at least share my story. After 2 1/2 years of waiting, Ford is building the wrong vehicle/order this week!
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sucks but this is on your dealer(s), Ford is building what they ordered.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely a case of dealer drama. I think there are more than enough Raptors floating around now to buy one off the lot though, right?

I have also been informed the MSRP is $96K, up from $83K on my initial order!
2024 MSRP begins at $90k, so an $83k MSRP on a 2024 is impossible. Raptors never had price protection, and price protection went out the window a long time ago.

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As said above, a very crappy dealer on the wrong specs. On the MSRP, raptors go up every model year and have no price protection unless the dealer wants to take care of you (most don't). Prices have changed a lot since 2022. My bronco stickered for 63K and now it right at 70K for the same build.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be perfectly frank, that new dealership doesn't care to honor your allocation. They just ordered what they want to sell. As @Haelous has mentioned, you wouldn't get price protection anyway (and my guess is this new dealership will try to get ADM). Go elsewhere.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you 100% certain it is your vehicle that was scheduled? There can be multiple vehicles ordered by a Ford dealership on the same order. I had this happen where I contacted ford marketing and provided my order number and they told me my order was scheduled for production and gave me a vin. I used the vin to see my order and was flabbergasted as the vehicle was very wrong. In a panic I contacted my dealer and they let me know that was another customers order and mine had not been scheduled yet. They had submitted 2 orders on the same order number. What I ordered ended up being scheduled like 6-8 months later (I had a lot more constraints on my order than what the other guy had).

Agua Caliente

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any help or direction . . .
Par for the course
Forget it
You can't change the config once VIN is issued
Look for dealer stock or place new order

And there's no price protection for BRaptors anyway. You're not missing anything there

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely a case of dealer drama. I think there are more than enough Raptors floating around now to buy one off the lot though, right?

2024 MSRP begins at $90k, so an $83k MSRP on a 2024 is impossible. Raptors never had price protection, and price protection went out the window a long time ago.
Heck we have 4 or 5 sitting here at my dealership... Black, Orange, White etc....

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stated plainly and bluntly, your dealer sold you out. They took the allocation for your order and ordered whatever the hell they wanted and thought they could sell easily. Time to cut your losses, scour the Internet to find the used or new Bronco of your dreams. Share a picture when you find one that makes you happy.

Ford Bronco Help needed! Ford building wrong vehicle after 2 1/2 yr wait! 1000015599

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To make matters worse, beginning with the 24 production year, Ford is no longer offering Price Protection on Raptor Bronco's.
Sponsored