Sponsored

Dealer got my Raptor order spec wrong, shipped it to the wrong dealer, and now is trying to add ADM after delivery!

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I live in Albuquerque, NM. Was approached back in early 2022 on the forums from a salesman at a dealer in Mississippi that they had a Bronco Raptor allocation and would sell it to me at MSRP no questions asked. I have many vehicles from all different brands and the salesman told me he “wanted me to be his go to guy when it comes to Fords and would never sell me a vehicle over MSRP“. So I proceeded and ordered a Velocity Blue Bronco Raptor, F150 Raptor R, and a Lariat F250 all at the same time and put deposits down on each one. Had an agreement and a signed paper stating all would be purchased at MSRP and to make things easier would drop ship it to a local dealer in Albuquerque straight from the Ford factory so I wouldn’t have to pay for shipping on it from Mississippi.

So fast forward, the salesman quit the dealer and instead the GM called and said he would be personally be dealing with me from now on. Time goes on and the Braptor got pushed to a 2023 model year. Was pretty bummed because they discontinued Velocity Blue and Ford increased the price of everything! Anyways I proceeded with switching the color to Azure Gray and the wait continued. Well finally after over a year after my initial order, the Braptor got built last month and was expecting a call saying that the truck was heading to my local dealer, but instead I get a call from some random salesman at the dealer saying the Bronco is at their dealer in Mississippi. The salesman then tells me “we are putting a $20-30k markup on it“, then he sent me pictures of it and has the wrong wheels I ordered! (Ordered beadlocks, showed up with the basic free wheels). So then I tell him I have written agreements at to buy it at MSRP, it should not have been shipped to their dealer it should have been dropped shipped to a dealer in Albuquerque, and the wheels are completely wrong! He calls me back and is very rude and says “I make the decisions for our dealer, not the GM, sorry about not getting it dropped shipped like we agreed on but it is what it is and you will have to fork over the money if you want to ship it, and on top of that you will have to sign a paper saying you can’t sell the vehicle for 6 month’s minimum and ADM on top of that! He then tells me, “I can have this vehicle sold tonight for $200k you are blessed to be even able to purchase this vehicle from us it is one of the rarest vehicles in the USA right now.”

I tried contacting the GM directly and nothing but radio silence. So long story short, unless a miracle happens overnight and they put the correct wheels I ordered on the Raptor, honor their written agreement of MSRP, and pay to have it shipped to Albuquerque, I’m telling them to pound sand and asking for all my deposits back! If you guys think I’m in the wrong on this then I’m all ears please let me know! Here is pictures of my order sheet for the Braptor and then pictures of the Braptor they sent me today. Any dealers want to help me out?…… or anyone at Ford?? If not, o well more money for supercars!

Ford Bronco Dealer got my Raptor order spec wrong, shipped it to the wrong dealer, and now is trying to add ADM after delivery! 2D47E623-BD31-499A-918F-5A316788B37A
Ford Bronco Dealer got my Raptor order spec wrong, shipped it to the wrong dealer, and now is trying to add ADM after delivery! 546F4929-ED96-4505-BA0F-EB30B73D111E
Ford Bronco Dealer got my Raptor order spec wrong, shipped it to the wrong dealer, and now is trying to add ADM after delivery! 812CD25B-1598-4F62-8EB7-4539941D460B
Ford Bronco Dealer got my Raptor order spec wrong, shipped it to the wrong dealer, and now is trying to add ADM after delivery! 45190DF9-6521-410A-AED9-2E2D09EB44B0
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
06viper

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does someone that doesn't know what paragraphs are have so much more money than me? :(
Sorry! To mad to work on my punctuation lol.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry! To mad to work on my punctuation lol.
I'll edit it for for $2.7M and throw in your Raptor to boot ;)

Thanks for being cool with my smart ass post, it's 8:30 my time and there is likely some ethanol involved. :D

As for your situation, all I can really tell you is that many people on this forum have been in similar situations with their ordered Broncos and it sucks. And just to be clear, are you telling us that the dealer is asking for $20K ADM AND a contract to not sell for several months? I've heard of one or the other, but never both!

Sponsored

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got screwed.

OP
OP
06viper

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll edit it for for $2.7M and throw in your Raptor to boot ;)

Thanks for being cool with my smart ass post, it's 8:30 my time and there is likely some ethanol involved. :D

As for your situation, all I can really tell you is that many people on this forum have been in similar situations with their ordered Broncos and it sucks. And just to be clear, are you telling us that the dealer is asking for $20K ADM AND a contract to not sell for several months? I've heard of one or the other, but never both!
Yup! They are saying they won’t honor the original signed agreement of MSRP, and now was ADM and a new contract stating I could not sell the thing for 6 months 😂

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, sounds like you are in the right, but as in so many cases on here, your only recourse is to tell the dealer to pound sand, get your deposit back, and walk away. Sucks, but other than not spending your money with the shifty dealer, there is not a lot you can do.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup! They are saying they won’t honor the original signed agreement of MSRP, and now was ADM and a new contract stating I could not sell the thing for 6 months 😂
I don't know what to tell you other than my story. When I ordered mine, I was pretty happy with my '19 JLUR except for the way it handled on the highway. I wanted the Bronco, but didn't "need" it. Then I got on this forum and started hearing about surprise ADM at delivery and how you needed a signed purchase order etc. I had a PO, but it wasn't signed, and I said to myself "If I have to force the dealer to keep their word, I don't want to deal with them and I'll keep my Jeep".

If you want the Braptor badly enough and $20K isn't much to you, then buy it, enjoy it, and let them have their measly $20K. But if not, or you don't want to deal with someone so dishonest, then go find another dealer. There are plenty of honest ones around. To conclude my above story, when mine was delivered it was at the agreed upon price which by that time was under MSRP without even a question. They even let me take delivery and drive it for a week until the check came in from my Credit Union (they had my Jeep though, kept one FOB, and gave me a dealer plate).

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After all this waiting and fuck-ups they then try this bullshit. I would most definitely speak to your attorney on the signed documentation you have guaranteeing your msrp agreement, drop shipment and your orders. We allow this shit to go on and tell them simply to pound sand and walk away with deposit simply can not continue. This is why this shit happens everyday. Someone has to be held accountable, and until someone stands up to this bullshit I have no remorse. And screw punctuation. Stand up to these assholes bud, give your attorney a call, then call the dealer back tomorrow and tell them you have legal representation and they will be contacted shortly by your attorney. Pure corporate greed asshats!

Last edited:

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's ridiculous, is there nothing the gm at your dealership can do? The truck was built for you, it was your order, your dealers sale, so I don't understand how this new strealership has any claim whatsoever to that raptor.

At the very least you should contact ford corporate and explain your situation.