Sponsored

HELP! Ordering the 1UP Hitch Bike Rack with the LONG Draw-Tite (from UHAUL)

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update with pics and some actual measurements. Extension is about 10.5", drop is 6" CTC. tailgate clears by more than an inch I'd say. I remembered on the ride home that this set up was in place on my wrangler pre-bronco and was just carried over, and luckily worked out just fine.

20230406_173048.jpg

20230406_173103.jpg

20230406_173123.jpg

20230406_173134.jpg

20230406_173210.jpg

20230406_173222.jpg
Love the pictures and seeing the "geometry" here. If mine does not fit perfectly, I will try this solution.
Sponsored

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know you didn’t ask for this at all, and I apologize, but you could just buy a Kuat pivot. Love mine. I think Yakima makes one too.

590FFF6E-4262-486D-A968-71D725A745E5.jpeg

E34736CB-5A7B-46B9-843A-CA07A1295BD5.jpeg

78693D70-F269-4473-8F7A-CE3FB5666E50.jpeg

6D4B33F6-D3B8-4B79-87F0-75537DD2DC42.jpeg

215189EA-DE38-4ED5-B7C1-415B68A283DA.jpeg

4BA33FDC-FC00-4102-AEEE-25871CA70DF8.jpeg
đź’Ż on the Kuat!

Went driver’s side for the swing direction on mine. Works great and there’s no wondering about geometry. Fits fine with my SAS spare and can handle the 4 bike (2 bike extension included) just fine.

Hefty piece of gear, but solid!

Edit: Worth noting that the shackle that comes with the pivot, doesn’t play well with the placement of the break light receptacle. Had to swap it with the shackle from the bike rack. Easy-peezy.

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like what you got. Looks like a great setup!

It is too much hardware for me. I am looking for an easy on/off piece that I can literally put in the limited space in the back of my Bronco when I am not using it. I just got the 1up boxes (have not opened it yet). BOTH the rack and the add on for a second bike fit in the back with the seats up.
This is true. It is a honking big piece of gear! And takes some effort to mount/unmount.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
đź’Ż on the Kuat!

Went driver’s side for the swing direction on mine. Works great and there’s no wondering about geometry. Fits fine with my SAS spare and can handle the 4 bike (2 bike extension included) just fine.

Hefty piece of gear, but solid!

Edit: Worth noting that the shackle that comes with the pivot, doesn’t play well with the placement of the break light receptacle. Had to swap it with the shackle from the bike rack. Easy-peezy.
Thanks! Please post some pictures if you can. Would love to see the door open with the bikes swung out.

I thought long and hard about the options for weeks. I did consider the Kuat as well as options that did not allow the tailgate to open at all but cost less than $200.

In the end, I bought into the "buy once cry once" unofficial tag line of 1UP. Cost me about $780 for my set up: Super Duty rack, plus Super Duty Add on, plus 5 locks (two per bike plus the add on lock all with the same key). I just bought a e-bike valued at $1500 and I also have a mountain bike.

My expectations:
1. These racks will outlast the bikes that I will put on them.
2. I will take the add-on off often and keep the rack itself on semi-permanently in the Summer. The rack is 27 lbs and the add on is 18.5 lbs. Both are a manageable 2 minute on/off jobs. There will be situations where I decide to put one or both in the back of my 2 door bronco (they will fit when folded up even with the seats UP.
3. This rack will allow me to go more often to local trails. If it enables these experiences, it is worth it.
4. I will gain enough confidence with the set up to take bikes on a trip of 100+ miles.
5. The rack without the add on will look like it is a perfect fit for the Bronco (fingers crossed that the geometry all works).
6. I will have to take the bikes off to open the tailgate. It will be a pain since I have a 2 door.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks! Please post some pictures if you can. Would love to see the door open with the bikes swung out.

I thought long and hard about the options for weeks. I did consider the Kuat as well as options that did not allow the tailgate to open at all but cost less than $200.

In the end, I bought into the "buy once cry once" unofficial tag line of 1UP. Cost me about $780 for my set up: Super Duty rack, plus Super Duty Add on, plus 5 locks (two per bike plus the add on lock all with the same key). I just bought a e-bike valued at $1500 and I also have a mountain bike.

My expectations:
2. I will take the add-on off often and keep the rack itself on semi-permanently in the Summer. The rack is 27 lbs and the add on is 18.5 lbs. Both are a manageable 2 minute on/off jobs. There will be situations where I decide to put one or both in the back of my 2 door bronco (they will fit when folded up even with the seats UP.
3. This rack will allow me to go more often to local trails. If it enables these experiences, it is worth it.
4. I will gain enough confidence with the set up to take bikes on a trip of 100+ miles.
5. The rack without the add on will look like it is a perfect fit for the Bronco (fingers crossed that the geometry all works).
6. I will have to take the bikes off to open the tailgate. It will be a pain since I have a 2 door.
One other thing worth noting, you can of course always leave the pivot on your hitch, and just remove the rack from the hitch. Just throwing it out there since you would prefer not to mess with taking on and off.

Sponsored

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My expectations:
Crummy weather right now, but I’ll see what I can do for pics. Going to try to get out for a ride today, so will give it a shot then.

What angles are you looking for that aren’t in the pics from @Shane78?

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One other thing worth noting, you can of course always leave the pivot on your hitch, and just remove the rack from the hitch. Just throwing it out there since you would prefer not to mess with taking on and off.
My only issue with leaving the pivot in place is parking sensors. Otherwise, yeah, it fits up fairly fine and just looks like bumper accessory.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My only issue with leaving the pivot in place is parking sensors. Otherwise, yeah, it fits up fairly fine and just looks like bumper accessory.
Yeah, I wanna cut mine so it won’t beep at me anymore lmao

Igotsoul4u

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak, Mercedes GLC43
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great info. I am currently mulling all these options for my new bronco wildtrak. I currently have a Thule T2 and its so heavy making it inconvenient to pull off and on. Twice the weight and huge. I think it will look bad on the back.

BBQBennz

Black Diamond
First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2001 Z06 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got a 4" drop down hitch extension from 4 State Trucks (about $60); no rattle locking hitch pin from UHaul ($22). With Kuat rack laid flat without bikes, tailgate clears to open completely.
I could get you dimensions if needed, but the 1Up may work similarly if you have 35s.
Ford Bronco HELP! Ordering the 1UP Hitch Bike Rack with the LONG Draw-Tite (from UHAUL) 2023.02 22 BD Bronco upgrade updates (3)
Ford Bronco HELP! Ordering the 1UP Hitch Bike Rack with the LONG Draw-Tite (from UHAUL) 2023.02 22 BD Bronco upgrade updates (4)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
All of my parts came in except the torque wrench. I am planning to putting it all together soon along with the pinch seam weld cover and side steps. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a 4" drop down hitch extension from 4 State Trucks (about $60); no rattle locking hitch pin from UHaul ($22). With Kuat rack laid flat without bikes, tailgate clears to open completely.
I could get you dimensions if needed, but the 1Up may work similarly if you have 35s.
Ford Bronco HELP! Ordering the 1UP Hitch Bike Rack with the LONG Draw-Tite (from UHAUL) 2023.02 22 BD Bronco upgrade updates (4)
Which Kuat rack is that?

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

?

BBQBennz

Black Diamond
First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2001 Z06 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is a KUAT Sherpa 2.0. It is aluminum so not very heavy, about 32 Lbs.
4" drop down extension from 4 State Trucks; about $55
Locking No-rattle pin for the extension from U-Haul; about $22
I added tail lights (Curt, through U-Haul on line, about $30)to the bike rack. Temporarily surface wired. I figured out how to run wiring through the rack
Also, Kuat makes a swing away extension but it may have to work without the drop down - quite pricey though.
Hope this helps

FullSizeRender.jpg
Sponsored