Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So a BL base is around 53K. If they modified a BL base, they would get to keep the stock tires and resell somewhere else. So are all of those upgrades for 30K?
Pretty close. It's 47.7K and 50, for 2 and 4 door, with 2.7 and 10 speed. or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one tired of these style bumpers? The whole geometric look, especially on a vehicle that actually has curvature to it. The whole thing was kinda cool to me about 15-20 years ago, but there are only just so many ways to draw a triangle.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to be a lot of people who don't understand how 1of200 works 🤷🏻‍♂️ and why it costs what it costs.

I don't care if you're a broke dick and can buy a base to make it "as fast". That's not the point of anything Hennessy, never has been. A base will always be a base, whereas a Hennessy will always be worth considerably more.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems to be a lot of people who don't understand how 1of200 works 🤷🏻‍♂️ and why it costs what it costs.

I don't care if you're a broke dick and can buy a base to make it "as fast". That's not the point of anything Hennessy, never has been. A base will always be a base, whereas a Hennessy will always be worth considerably more.
Although I hear what you're saying here Brew, I don't buy a car based on what it'll sell for, I buy a vehicle to enjoy it myself.

The guy who gets one of these rides after me will get one worn out hooker of a car that's been rode hard and put away dripping wet and maybe even smelly, so pay out of the nose if you want, but jokes on that guy.

I maintain my vehicles, but I do enjoy some serious unlawful carnal knowledge of my rides. Hennessy vehicles are big for a certain type of consumer. His junk has never appealed to me, but even though I do buy nice looking rides, they ain't show ponies and will see everything from track days, to in the case of the Bronco, trail days where it'll take a beating and be expected to do so with a smile.

This Hennessey trash build doesn't even address what needs to be modded for an off roader, the suspension. Bumpers are nice and all, but there's a light bar where the winch would go.....

0-60 for an off roader just sounds dumb and likely from a guy who hasn't owned a real sports car. This heavy pig of a vehicle, sitting high, large tires, small brakes, soft suspension with too much travel (from a sport point of view) is nonsense and the exact opposite of sporty, you know, since it's a damn pig; as a proper off roader should be.

I really hope Hennessy reads this thread for what it is. We're mostly all saying, if you're going to give us a mod, drop in a Coyote, give me a full KING suspension upgrade, some 37s on 17" wheels, and a bumper with a Warn, AND add a good light array and a throaty exhaust, then you can charge me $80K or more for a real rig.

Goneboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small Handful
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t believe the 0-60. All they added was and Intake tune and exhaust probably added weight too with the bumpers and steps they put on. Something doesn’t add up here.
And you shouldn't believe it. Hennessy has a history of just throwing out random 0-60 figures before they even have a production model of their builds.

Why 4.9? Because it sounds faster then 5+ second figure they pulled outta their arse.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So they add 50k worth of stuff to a Bronco I bet you can take a base Bronco and do the same for less then 50k.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

there well be a lot of places and shops who well do the same thing as Hennessy do and lot well build a better Bronco but if you want to buy there base Bronco with 50k of stuff on it then go for it its your money .

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is my summary of this package.
Intake $250
Exhaust $1500
Wheels & Tires $3200
Tune $1000
Bumpers $3000
Retractable running boards $1600

Grand Total $10,450

These are full blown retail prices. No doubt the Bronco aftermarket will have better options for far less money. Two big holes that they are not addressing are the brakes and suspension.

For my personal build I would skip the intake and exhaust. They add zero performance. Skip the retractable running boards. Use the money from those to apply to a suspension upgrade and real rock sliders. I also wouldn't go to 18's on the wheels. I would go to a 17" forged light weight wheel and run the factory tires until they wear out.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you seen how the Ecoboost motors react to various mods on the dyno? Very small gain from down pipes. Zero gain from a catback. Zero gain from intakes. This is of course with stock turbos. The best money spent for more power is a good tune. Now if you go internal and modify the heads, change the cams, etc, then you may see some improvement with intake and exhaust mods.
Sponsored