Here is my summary of this package.
Intake $250
Exhaust $1500
Wheels & Tires $3200
Tune $1000
Bumpers $3000
Retractable running boards $1600

Grand Total $10,450

These are full blown retail prices. No doubt the Bronco aftermarket will have better options for far less money. Two big holes that they are not addressing are the brakes and suspension.

For my personal build I would skip the intake and exhaust. They add zero performance. Skip the retractable running boards. Use the money from those to apply to a suspension upgrade and real rock sliders. I also wouldn't go to 18's on the wheels. I would go to a 17" forged light weight wheel and run the factory tires until they wear out.
That is a proper plan for an off roader!

If you ever do these mods when you get your rig, please start a thread with some pics!

I can't wait to see suspension kit upgrades from a few brands. FOX, upgraded Bilstein, KING, and I hope ICON. Another inch of lift and a brake kit would be bonuses.
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you seen how the Ecoboost motors react to various mods on the dyno? Very small gain from down pipes. Zero gain from a catback. Zero gain from intakes. This is of course with stock turbos. The best money spent for more power is a good tune. Now if you go internal and modify the heads, change the cams, etc, then you may see some improvement with intake and exhaust mods.
To say an intake adds zero performance is ignorant.

It isn't rocket science that any tune will benefit from a less restrictive intake and exhaust. And you will see improvements with just an intake or catback. "Zero gain" is a ridiculous statement.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base

It isn't rocket science that any tune will benefit from a less restrictive intake and exhaust. And you will see improvements with just an intake or catback. "Zero gain" is a ridiculous statement.
Agreed.
You may not see big gains from intake and exhaust on a stock tune. But they are there. Once you tune it you’re going to find the limits of your stock intake and exhaust. That’s just how an air pump works.
Lots of opinions (illinformed ones) presented as facts. It would be funnier if it wasn’t so counterproductive

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had some pretty good gains back when I modded my FOST 2.0, but the biggest gains was changing out the ineffective intercooler, then a tune for 93 oct and E50 to take advantage. Everything else is a waist. This would apply to the 2.3 in the Bronco. The turbo on the 2.3 is a little hair dryer for sure.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now I feel stupid because I wouldnt sell my $58k bronco for $80k.

The conundrum is that youre allocating 20k of value to skipping a 2 year wait...you still need to place your order now and wait the same amount of time to get a Hennessy version. So i guess it's not really an apples to apples comparison. If they had this truck ready for sale next month then I am sure people would happily pay a $20k premium to get it now, and pay $100k.

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had some pretty good gains back when I modded my FOST 2.0, but the biggest gains was changing out the ineffective intercooler, then a tune for 93 oct and E50 to take advantage. Everything else is a waist. This would apply to the 2.3 in the Bronco. The turbo on the 2.3 is a little hair dryer for sure.
The 2.3 is a good little engine. And I’m sure it will make decent power. Effective cooling of charge air temps is where it’s at. Heat soak is a killer

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Take it to the dyno and show me. I have seen first hand on 2.7, 3.5, and 3.5HO the results. On a stock motor you will not see any notable gains. As the mods increase the importance of the intake and exhaust also increase. Ignorance? No. Lots of actual testing, yes.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you seen how the Ecoboost motors react to various mods on the dyno? Very small gain from down pipes. Zero gain from a catback. Zero gain from intakes. This is of course with stock turbos. The best money spent for more power is a good tune. Now if you go internal and modify the heads, change the cams, etc, then you may see some improvement with intake and exhaust mods.
My 3.5 economist flex I put an intake on it and it made it sound 100% better

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Take it to the dyno and show me. I have seen first hand on 2.7, 3.5, and 3.5HO the results. On a stock motor you will not see any notable gains. As the mods increase the importance of the intake and exhaust also increase. Ignorance? No. Lots of actual testing, yes.
Are you saying that any of those engines with a tune, have the same performance regardless whether they have an intake and exhaust?
Because that’s just wrong

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

80k for an exhaust, intake, tune, and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't make the bronco faster....
Will they lower the price if a tuner manages to get something close, if not beat this hp number?🤔

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you saying that any of those engines with a tune, have the same performance regardless whether they have an intake and exhaust?
Because that’s just wrong
Prove me wrong. Spend your money how you like, but with stock turbos you will not see a gain.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 3.5 economist flex I put an intake on it and it made it sound 100% better
No question there. The intake sound can be improved. On the exhaust side, there is no exhaust on this planet that will make the V6 sound good.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And another aftermarket bumper that blocks ACC and intercooler.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Feel free to post these before and after dynos graphs with "zero gains"

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally I'm not too worried about a 0-60 for a bronco but....

All they mention is: intake, exhaust, and tune and then add extra junk which is just adding weight and they came out with a 4.9 0-60 and +75HP. That must be a helluva tuning job....

The market is gonna be ripe with intake, exhaust, and tunes soon...and without all the added mall crawler junk I guess I'll be pulling better than 4.9 in a 0-60 for way cheaper than 80k all in.... :ROFLMAO:

giphy.gif
It's not how you stand by your car....

LOL.

They probably put 26" drag radials on all 4 wheels and sent it!
Sponsored