Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

47ADB2B5-6D8D-4AA2-B530-1C1F0A873750.jpeg

I went with Heretic.
Looks good. I think I’m going with heretic as well. Was going all ambers for fogs and 20” lightbar. Then clear for a-pillar ditch lights.
Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was about to go with heretics.....then....Baja Designs.....backlog is crazy. THEN - I saw the Rigid Radiance Series with amber (or choose your color) backlighting.......LOVED it. So I just installed them today:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...installed-radiance-series.52900/#post-1568973

You have to get the Custom harness from SPV - plug and play and they allow you to have options with controlling the "backlight" function. Either connect to Parking lights OR to one fo the AUX switches. I like them on all the time at night so parking light integration worked great for me.

This is the link to SPV and they ship the set you choose with the Custom Harness - and readily available. no wait time for lights at all:
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...uding-brackets-harness?variant=43018391716072

Badbrad

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just installed the Heretic 20” light bar today. Easy install, very happy with the overall product and the brightness.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was about to go with heretics.....then....Baja Designs.....backlog is crazy. THEN - I saw the Rigid Radiance Series with amber (or choose your color) backlighting.......LOVED it. So I just installed them today:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...installed-radiance-series.52900/#post-1568973

You have to get the Custom harness from SPV - plug and play and they allow you to have options with controlling the "backlight" function. Either connect to Parking lights OR to one fo the AUX switches. I like them on all the time at night so parking light integration worked great for me.

This is the link to SPV and they ship the set you choose with the Custom Harness - and readily available. no wait time for lights at all:
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...uding-brackets-harness?variant=43018391716072
We actually don't have any back-logs on Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics. We've got a warehouse full of Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics lights ready to ship. For future reference.

Our kits also include our plug and play harness as well with each kit.

Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We actually don't have any back-logs on Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics. We've got a warehouse full of Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics lights ready to ship. For future reference.

Yup, my installer specifically did have the wait times in place unfortunately.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup, my installer specifically did have the wait times in place unfortunately.
Ya should have contacted us. PLENTY of stock always :) Let us know next time ya need something, it'll be in stock :)

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

So you have a link to the light bar kit you have in stock that’s plug and play and fits the modular bumper with safari bar?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

scottsil

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Just got mine on today.

Ford Bronco Heretic Studios lights or Diode Dynamics 20220830_152628
Can you switch the amber quad separately from the two clears? If not what was your thinking in getting a split amber/clear vs all ambers? Curious as I'm deciding on my order... my BL is getting built this week! (🤞)

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you switch the amber quad separately from the two clears? If not what was your thinking in getting a split amber/clear vs all ambers? Curious as I'm deciding on my order... my BL is getting built this week! (🤞)
Yep, you can just have the amber quads or the two clears on or both if you want. They are wired into two separate aux switches. Chose the clear for better offroad lighting on the outside and the ambers for fog/snow conditions. These lights are super bright and very well made. Congrats on your build!

scottsil

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, you can just have the amber quads or the two clears on or both if you want. They are wired into two separate aux switches. Chose the clear for better offroad lighting on the outside and the ambers for fog/snow conditions. These lights are super bright and very well made. Congrats on your build!
Awesome thank you for the info! Super helpful

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone have any insight with Heretic Studios lights? Debating a few brands and not sure which way to go.

Phase 1 lighting
- triple fog pockets
- A pillars
- front bumper light bar*
*I ordered the DV8 bull bar as wasn’t crazy about the tall OEM one. Now I’m regretting the decision as want to go with a 30” lightbar but I think I’m forced to go down to a 20”

option 1
Was planning on the Diode Dynamics triple fog light kit, ss3 ditch pillars, and I guess the Baja design s8 20” lightbar since I can’t go 30”. I like this kit as all will have amber backlight and can use 4x4truckled wiring harness for the DDs and I guess order the BD s8 from rudysdeisel site as they have a 20” mounting bracket.

Option2
Go with Heretic studios lights for all and just give up on the backlight option. The brightness seems great from what videos I’ve seen online and I like the way the ambers look even when off. The other variation is just go with the DDs but get the Heretic bar instead of the BD s8

anyone have experience or insight with the Heretics?
Just go with our Diode Dynamics kit w/KR Off-Road brackets and you're golden.

I don't recommend a 20" bar as it's too small on the bumper. To me, that long bracket looks weird for such a small bar. Do a 30" or larger bar (and we make mounts for 30" and larger bars)

Diode Dynamics are available with a back-light as you know and we let you pick the patterns of lights you want.

You honestly can't find a better kit then our kits with our brackets. They are made here on Long Island from STAINLESS STEEL (most companies just use steel) and powder coated black with a lifetime warranty

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To follow up as the OP. I went 100% with Heretic and am extremely happy with the brand. I do think Heretic, DD, and Baja are all great and if I went with them, I would be happy too based upon all the reviews for all 3 brands. Rigid, I've seen too many people bash the brand so I didn't consider them.

Why I went with Heretic:
Besides lighting performance, there were 2 factors that drove me to buying their brand.
  • 1 was the 20" lighbar & bracket. I had already purchased the dv8 bull bar and while I know 4x4truckleds.com thinks both dv8 and the 20" light bar are crap and don't look good, for me, I like them. (no disrespect to 4x4leds). I did consider throwing the dv8 out and ordering the 30" lightbar but every Bronco vid I see with Justins black Bronco that has the 20" lightbar (e.g. trailrax vid ) sold me on the 20". Happy people hate it as don't want to see my setup on every other Bronco I pass.
  • The other was as dumb as it is, I just liked the way the amber lights look during the day. I could be the only person but even when off, with the black badlands, I like it. For the record, I'm not matching every damn accessory with those colors as I hate that look but the lights look great even during the day imo.
  • I originally thought the backlight was cool but the above 2 factors outweighed not having this feature. If that is important to you, then, I'd go with DD or Baja

What's great
Quality of product is awesome. Brightness is great and so far seems solid. I'd be shocked if anyone has something negative about quality.

What I think Heretic needs to address and is disappointing!
  • Wiring harness: They FAIL to disclose that the wiring harness is NOT specifically for the Bronco, even though its sold as a Bronco kit. The harness is simplistic but lengths are wrong and requires some cutting. I did reach out and their response is they are addressing this but not yet. To be clear, the install itself was quick. If you look at a few YouTube vids on any brand install for lights and the harness, you can quickly have the lights installed and working in 20-30m imo. I spent extra time ensuring the harness wires were clean and felt like OEM so spent additional time here but again, I think this would be true for any brand. I do think its BS the harness needs to be chopped and joined to make the lengths work though. Heretic needs to fix this AND should explicitly state it doesn't come with a Bronco harness. Maybe they already addressed this since I bought mine?
  • Lag time. Took over 30 days to get the product when I ordered it. So if you're in a rush, go with another brand. 4x4 seems to have DD in stock.

Anyway, again, I'd give Heretic 5/5 for being great despite the harness (it honestly created 3 minutes of extra work and if this is complicated, maybe you shouldn't be working on your vehicle anyway.) Happy to share more pics but here is a shot of what I installed.

• 20" light bar (came with bracket)
  • pocket fogs (amber)
  • Combo Pillars

Ford Bronco Heretic Studios lights or Diode Dynamics tempImageScoct

Ford Bronco Heretic Studios lights or Diode Dynamics tempImageXgdBAq
Sponsored