Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get the hardtop, then a softy later. Cheaper that way. I have had ZERO issues with my hardtop. No leaks, no snake skin....notta. Happier than a pig in sh*t.
Sponsored

Oday

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am the same as most wanted the hard top went soft to get it quick. Going into my second Utah/Wyoming winter no issues really with cold or leaking. I just really hate the back windows not because theyā€™re wavy because they scratch so dang easily. I am very fussy and I matter how hard I try and clean them carefully they scratch. I just take the top off in the summer anyway so I would prefer the hardtop if I had a choice.

matteooshe

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a soft top and thereā€™s 0 issues. Donā€™t worry. Itā€™s super quiet

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm supposed to go test drive a 2022 soft top today but after reading so many issues with these tops I'm kind of hesitant to even consider buying one

image_0_01.jpg

image_0.jpg
Hello. 13 months in and mine has been great. It is so solid and quiet that I decided not to get the hardtop. I live in CT and have gone through a winter as well with zero issues.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly Iā€™d be more concerned with buying a hard top. Both tops have had some issues, but the hard top has had dramatically more issues. Neither top is very quiet.

Also, I think the soft top looks a lot better. I know itā€™s subjective, but the gray of the hard top just looks cheap and plasticky. If n person, they just look awful to me. Iā€™d take a jet black soft top with wavy quarter windows any day.

Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having had 3 jeeps in the last 25 years 2 of witch were soft tops, and if you live in the north east the hardtop is the way to go. you can always buy a soft-top latter. The problem with running soft tops all winter is all the crap they put on roads now (salt, brine) the brine that PA uses destroys the fabric on these soft-tops and they seem to use it even if the forecast is for flurries!!! I had a YJ for about 6 years and in that time i had bought 2 tops for it .

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fit,water/snow getting in the rig, wear issues have you experienced any of these?
Don't open it past position 2 and never remove side windows and you won't break anything.

Yes sideways wind at 40 mph can cause a snowflake or two to get in but the heater is so great in these that a rear wiper and defroster is truly not missed.

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Born 11/16/2021 delivery 11/18/21, soft top over a Year No issues. rather prefer for ease of removal during summer. Might add Michigan is where she lives no issues. full send.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Tayerv how did the test drive go?

You driving a new Bronco?

Sponsored

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From the looks of your pictures. Youā€™re @ Port Orchard Ford. Did you get to test drive it? Maybe not with the snow.

gracebal

Wildtrak
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco with Sasquatch Package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm supposed to go test drive a 2022 soft top today but after reading so many issues with these tops I'm kind of hesitant to even consider buying one

image_0_01.jpg

image_0.jpg
My Velocity Blue Bronco came with a soft top, and I loved it! Especially in the summer months because it's pretty easy to roll on and off or you can get a bimini top to go under it for more of a shade! I drove it with soft top from April to about October and loved it, its a little noisy but nothing unbearable. I recently got a hard top for the winter months and it has also been amazing! I don't think you can go wrong, both versions are beauties.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Weird reply. Clearly ā€œmost peopleā€ in this thread donā€™t feel that way
The tracking link show's that 13% chose the wagon-top only, so not weird at all. However considering you have a thread mostly made up of people who purchased the softy, I'd expect that the majority of them would defend it. Just look at the catch-can, exhaust, or $800 mudflap threads, while only 1% of buyers think it's money well spent, 95% of those guys are happy they went that route.
Sponsored