Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The tracking link show's that 13% chose the wagon-top only, so not weird at all. However considering you have a thread mostly made up of people who purchased the softy, I'd expect that the majority of them would defend it. Just look at the catch-can, exhaust, or $800 mudflap threads, while only 1% of buyers think it's money well spent, 95% of those guys are happy they went that route.
Granted, this is a soft top thread, but most of us (nearly all of us, actually) who have it, love it. I think the hard top looks bad, just my opinion. A gal one block from me bought a cyber orange, but hardtop, and every time I see it I shake my head. AND she can't just drop it when it's nice out, so she's not had it off yet. Same for a green one another two blocks away. Just too inconvenient. My first soft top in my life and I'm loving it Jerry. I'm out there.

And not in honeymoon. NOR a Ford fanboy. If anything, a Ford hater, what a horrible company to try and do biz with. Maybe not quite as bad as Sirius/XM or Intuit....but they suck at communications. I blacked out my F emblem on back. But I can appreciate great engineering and build in spite of sucking management/communications.
Sponsored

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will say that I absolutely love the functionality of the soft top, but I have had some minor issues with mine. I had an air leak above the rear passenger door and two spots on my rear fenders where the top was hitting "chipping the paint". I took it by my dealer a couple months back and the field service engineer just happened to be there to take a look at it. After lots of pictures and a few diagnostic procedures they determined my top/frame was "out of spec". Its actually at the dealership being replaced as I am typing this. Overall though I have been happy with the ability to throw the top back and still preserve the rear trunk space for gear/dogs/etc. I have been in the situation multiple times were a storm blew in while driving and with the soft top it took me literally seconds to throw it up and keep going. If I had a hard top I would have more than likely left the panels at home and had an extremely unhappy wife/kids... To each their own. Good luck deciding!

Edit- our main thought when ordering was overall ease use/functionality, but also the grey MIC looks terrible on race red IMO.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah those are totally fair points. I think it’s harsh to call it junk and disingenuous to say you’re speaking for most of us though. I’m through the honeymoon phase (but still absolutely in love with this truck) and would 100% still recommend the soft top. Could it be better? Yeah probably. Is it junk? Nah. And zero brand loyalty coming from a GMC and a jeep that I both loved prior to this but if Ford would start paying me I’d gladly shill for them lol

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm supposed to go test drive a 2022 soft top today but after reading so many issues with these tops I'm kind of hesitant to even consider buying one

image_0_01.jpg

image_0.jpg
I sure do love my WILDTRAK with the soft top!

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Granted, this is a soft top thread, but most of us (nearly all of us, actually) who have it, love it. I think the hard top looks bad, just my opinion. A gal one block from me bought a cyber orange, but hardtop, and every time I see it I shake my head. AND she can't just drop it when it's nice out, so she's not had it off yet. Same for a green one another two blocks away. Just too inconvenient. My first soft top in my life and I'm loving it Jerry. I'm out there.
Getting past the fact that even of OPs pic of a brand new Bronco, looks like you're starting a trip that involves fording rivers, shooting buffalo and praying you don't die of dysentery. You recently started a thread trying to solve the wind noise at highway speeds on your softy, asking if removing the rear window would help. That to me sounds like a problem, and exactly what the OP was asking about.
Soft top rear side windows only? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting past the fact that even of OPs pic of a brand new Bronco, looks like you're starting a trip that involves fording rivers, shooting buffalo and praying you don't die of dysentery. You recently started a thread trying to solve the wind noise at highway speeds on your softy, asking if removing the rear window would help. That to me sounds like a problem, and exactly what the OP was asking about.
Soft top rear side windows only? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
You're chasing me! I do keep rifles for the buffalo and extra tp for the dysentery. Yeah, my only two compaints: the wind noise on the highway....and putting those damned windows back in. The engineers dropped the ball on that one...has to be an easier way.

But that said, it's so worth it. The convenience....and the pure unadulterated joy in running around with the top down....I've never had so much fun in a vehicle. (Of course, maybe that's because I've had very boring but wonderful Toyo's for 34 years....)

So happy.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm supposed to go test drive a 2022 soft top today but after reading so many issues with these tops I'm kind of hesitant to even consider buying one

image_0_01.jpg

image_0.jpg
guess you haven't read about the hard top issues

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have 11.5k on mine now and almost a year of ownership. Maybe still in the honeymoon phase, because I adore the car, but I've had no issues with my soft top. I think the hard top looks better overall, but you can't beat the function & ease of use of the soft top. I expect the fabric to stretch over time & the wind noise/wind intrusion is what I would expect in any soft top/convertible top car. It stays warm when it's cold out. It stays cool when it's hot out. The road noise is certainly bearable. I can hear my passengers and phone calls fine, even on the highway. The ambient noise helps my kids sleep a lil easier on road trips too! LOL. I think most that have issues with it, have unrealistic expectations... or faulty tops.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You're chasing me! I do keep rifles for the buffalo and extra tp for the dysentery. Yeah, my only two compaints: the wind noise on the highway....and putting those damned windows back in. The engineers dropped the ball on that one...has to be an easier way.

But that said, it's so worth it. The convenience....and the pure unadulterated joy in running around with the top down....I've never had so much fun in a vehicle. (Of course, maybe that's because I've had very boring but wonderful Toyo's for 34 years....)

So happy.
looks like you have a follower

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have had mine for a few months now as a daily driver including a trip from St. Louis to Miramar Beach and back. Big fan. We'll see how I feel after it gets cold I guess.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

image_0_01.jpg

image_0.jpg
20k miles on my Bronco, and my only complaints with the OEM soft top is the appearance and the rear access. It is ugly as sin, and getting large items in the back sucks.

I did just switch to the Bestop TrekTop (the Fastback soft top) and it was a mistake. It is inferior in numerous ways. It is VERY difficult to unlatch, so flimsy it requires two people to flip it back, and it is extremely loud compared to the OEM top. I miss my OEM top (RIP).

But the TrekTop does look amazing and the rear access is super convenient.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also have the IAG struts, and love the soft top. Up and down all the time, in all five configurations (fully up, just front portion back, all the way back, completely removed, and my current safari look fully up but windows removed. I did have to adjust it at the beginning to make it operate smoothly, but it’s been fantastic. We do have 330 days of sun in AZ as opposed to the 330 days of rain in WA for the OP, however.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted the hardtop, switched to the soft top. I, too, was worried.

I will never go back. Team soft top forever.

All those worries proved meritless.
Sponsored