Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking at hidden winch options that bolt into the modular bumper. The only one I’ve seen is the Rough Country one but I thought there were others out there. This looks like a good option but I’m not super stoked to be cutting into the frame.

I’ve got a 2.3L 7MT for what it’s worth.
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only other one I have seen is made by lobo off-road.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really like my Rough Country. Waited a month to install it for fear of cutting frame extensions. Once I jumped in it was easy and painless.
1568.jpg
1574.jpg

Side note: Instructions say to cut off front diff mount extension, but I don't think you would have too, test fit first.

OP
OP
21BroncoFlyer

21BroncoFlyer

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only other one I have seen is made by lobo off-road.
Are you talking about the winch plate for their HNT bumper? I’m not seeing one on their website for the MOD bumper.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
21BroncoFlyer

21BroncoFlyer

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
He had just hooked me to a tree. He got out of the way when I started pulling. This was in a steep off camber spot with a wall on the driver side. My 35’s were the smallest tires in the group. I tried staying further to the passenger side, but slid into deep ruts, which put my flares against the wall. We managed to get the flares off, then we hooked the winch to get up and away from the wall, didn’t want body damage.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the Lobo HNT Hidden Winch Skid Plate for Bronco 2.3L will work with the Lux package with the adaptive cruise control box?

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really like my Rough Country. Waited a month to install it for fear of cutting frame extensions. Once I jumped in it was easy and painless.
Ford Bronco Hidden Winch for Modular Bumper Options 9EFA2B9E-7C50-4421-AC58-2B21F3F273A6
Ford Bronco Hidden Winch for Modular Bumper Options 9EFA2B9E-7C50-4421-AC58-2B21F3F273A6

Side note: Instructions say to cut off front diff mount extension, but I don't think you would have too, test fit first.
Is that the standard plastic bumper? Do you have a thread on this install or the process?

My OBX is coming with a standard plastic bumper, not mod or heavy duty and am wondering about my options besides replacement.

Thanks!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is that the standard plastic bumper? Do you have a thread on this install or the process?

My OBX is coming with a standard plastic bumper, not mod or heavy duty and am wondering about my options besides replacement.

Thanks!
This is the plastic bumper. I don't really have a thread, posted a few pictures here and there. Install was easy enough with the 2.3, it would be significantly more complicated with a 2.7 due to trans cooler relocation. RC engineers thought of everything. I had to trim bashplate to fit with my Blue Ox tow base plates, but not bad. I used a Rugged Ridge 10K which worked well with no modification. The Rugged Ridge is rated IP68 waterproof, and remote control only. I would have preferred remote and wired for reliability. Also, it's supposed to have a 5 year warranty, but I have contacted RR about getting an extra remote and battery and been ghosted ...so...
1569.jpg
1571.jpg
1577.jpg

I built a tool for engaging/disengaging the clutch.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the plastic bumper. I don't really have a thread, posted a few pictures here and there. Install was easy enough with the 2.3, it would be significantly more complicated with a 2.7 due to trans cooler relocation. RC engineers thought of everything. I had to trim bashplate to fit with my Blue Ox tow base plates, but not bad. I used a Rugged Ridge 10K which worked well with no modification. The Rugged Ridge is rated IP68 waterproof, and remote control only. I would have preferred remote and wired for reliability. Also, it's supposed to have a 5 year warranty, but I have contacted RR about getting an extra remote and battery and been ghosted ...so...
Ford Bronco Hidden Winch for Modular Bumper Options 1577

I built a tool for engaging/disengaging the clutch.
Thank you for this! Very helpful...

I wonder if @mpeugeot also has a 2.3 as his setup looks similar?

Unfortunately, but fortunately, I will have the 2.7 so... I may need to keep looking. TBD...
Sponsored