Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey friends,

Tried to search but everything led to me aftermarket housing ad posts.

I have read on here that a lot of people are happy with the signature lighting high beams (saying they're quite bright, ect.).
I live in an area that, at night, is very dark and populated with a ton of deer who like to play tag with your car during certain seasons.
Noticed that my high beams are not that much brighter than my low beams with fogs. I have an OBX Lux with signature lighting.
Anything I can do besides completely replacing the light housings with aftermarket?
Also, can't really do lightbars, ditch lights, etc as I'd get pulled over in a heartbeat for using them on road.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live in a pretty dark area with a lot of deer also, so I understand wanting everything lit up as bright as possible. I find the brights just fine. If you don’t think they are bright enough you will have to upgrade, I don’t think they will be much brighter. Light bars will make it like daylight. Probably your only two options.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
add a light bar or mirror spots. High beams seem pretty bright to me.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may find upgrading the fog lights is helpful. I assume you don't have the modular bumper, so you would have to research what's available, but I added Diode Dynamics with the SAE fog cut off (makes them legal in most cases) in yellow and they do a very good job illuminating low and to the sides, where those pesky deer like to wait to commit suicide. I have never been flashed by oncoming drivers and they are noticeable/beneficial with low or high beams. As a bonus, they are awesome in dust, snow or fog as well.

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Black Diamond with the non-signature lights, which I thought were not bright enough. A deer did commit suicide, took out my drivers side light, fender, door and grill. In the shop right now. It was still drivable, so while waiting for parts, I installed some lights. Rough Country Osram's, 2 pair, up by the mirrors and on the corners of the bumper, angled towards the ditch. They helped spot deer further out, rather than when it's too late. Really makes their eyes glow. I don't take the 2-lane backroads anymore, at least not during deer season.

Once I get my Bronco back I'll be installing Diode Dynamics spots for distance and fogs for wide angle. Considering a light bar for the top of the bumper. I'm gonna light up as much as possible.

The Rough Country's I shut off for oncoming traffic. The Diode's will be street legal so at least they can stay on.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same type of area as you. Still shopping for a deer yeeting grill guard. I did buy infrared A-pillar mounted pod lights and trying to find a cheaper thermal camera to feed into the infotainment screen. Found a nice one with embedded computer for highlighting heat signatures but last I checked it was almost $2k.
Just add the pod/ditch lights and turn them off when you see traffic. Rigid has smokey transparent covers that you can leave on and still get some light output out of. They Akzo have SAE compliant d series pod lights that you can definitely use on road, just don't abuse them

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In NW Montana we have no lighting and the deer are like rats, they are everywhere. I use auxiliary lights. As soon as I see oncoming vehicles I shut them down until they pass. It's the only way to get the necessary light output to see far enough ahead.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what everyone is comparing their high beams to... I don't think they're any better or worse than the 2016 Explorer we had or the 2011 F150 (with aftermarket LEDs). They're about 1000 time better than my wife's beater car (06 Impala), you really can't see shit, same with my tow rig (2001 F250).

With LED headlights it is hard to perceive a difference in high and low beams, but that doesn't mean there isn't. The low beams seem brighter because of the color of the light and where it is being cast.

I live in rural Kansas, I bet deer out populate people 2:1, I don't have any complaints with my headlights.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also running fog lights is actually counter-productive when trying to avoid hitting a deer. Yes, they do give you a little wider light spread over using just the low beams but it's not useful (and actually distracting) because of how much they point down. So the problem is it makes you look in places where you couldn't avoid hitting a deer anyway because it's too close, and NOT looking in places where you could avoid one.

*at normal highway speeds. If you're going 20 mph, sure, use those fogs.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The lights in the Ram 1500 I had for a couple weeks were definitely better than any Ford I've driven.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've got a BD with non-sig's, and I thought they weren't very bright, either. I finally adjusted them up a bit, and it's helped a lot. Yours might be set a tad low from the factory as well.

And THEN, I added some good DD fogs, whoa baby does that make a difference watching for deer. I do prefer using $1 bullets instead of $50k ones.
Sponsored