Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve been waiting years for a winch option that tucks up close to the vehicle without an overhang. I wanted one that looked factory, provided OEM or better approach angles, allowed the front camera and adaptive cruise to work all while being easy to use for rock climbing or the occasional mud trails. Lobo Offroad gave me everything I was looking for. Note that I have the 2.7l motor so there are few options available and we did relocate the intercooler which is an added bonus in my book.
I also had the fortunate opportunity to give it a try only a few hours after picking it up. We went on a beautiful trail ride In SoCal outside Hemet on some fire roads and it started to rain! Yes, the perfect fire trail ride. I let my daughter take the wheel and had her take a more challenging line to straddle a deep rut. Needless to say she’s a new driver and we bottomed out the chassis and needed to get pulled out.
Time to put the winch to the test:)
The setup I have is the Warn Platinum 10-S winch 10k synthetic) and I went with the Platinum so that I could easily disengage the clutch remotely. All I needed to do was turn the remote on, disengage the clutch, pull the hook out and attach to my son’s Ranger Tremor. After a little trial and error with the angle we were able to free the Bronco.
I am so impressed with the Lobo HNT winch skid plate for the 2.7L Bronco.
Really appreciate all the energy that Chris @Lobo Off-Road put into this. The welds are beautiful, the winch plate is stout and it looks so good that you almost miss that it’s installed!

Attached are a few pictures and I’ll send some more when we get her cleaned up.

IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4174.jpeg

IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg
Sponsored

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the post!!! Glad to see you are happy with the product, and grateful you allowed myself to be part of your build. I'm, looking forward to seeing your build progress!!

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the post!!! Glad to see you are happy with the product, and grateful you allowed myself to be part of your build. I'm, looking forward to seeing your build progress!!

Hold up. If I'm reading the description correctly, this thing also fits the Capable Bumper?!

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hold up. If I'm reading the description correctly, this thing also fits the Capable Bumper?!
100%. That’s what you see on my Bronco! It’s an incredibile piece of engineering and works with the factory setup.

lamokadave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is intercooler relocation required? Where does it go?

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess intercooler relocation would void also sorts of warranties but if that’s a 100% no please let us know?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
100%. That’s what you see on my Bronco! It’s an incredibile piece of engineering and works with the factory setup.
No you have the Modular bumper.

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is intercooler relocation required? Where does it go?
The kit I ordered came with the Mishimoto High Mount Intercooler kit. It mounts in-front of the radiator and replaces the active shutters behind the grille.
Seeing that it’s hidden and maintains factory appearance was a requirement for what I wanted, in addition it’s a much larger intercooler so the engine is now getting cooler air, where it’s prior location was almost an afterthought IMHO. These trucks like cool air.
I’m not into the - it adds 8.0 hp and 10.2 lb-ft torque, but more into the cooler air getting to the engine.
I hope this helps out.

At this time it looks like the inter cooler needs to be relocated (at least on the 2.7l)

Lobo Offroad 2.7L Winch Skid but believe he may be offering alternatives in the future?

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would guess intercooler relocation would void also sorts of warranties but if that’s a 100% no please let us know?
That could be a concern but would say it’s dependent on your dealer. I have a great dealer who is very customer friendly and they don’t see this as an issue. Your mileage could very (as could mine in the future, but so far upgrades done the the vehicle have been more pleasant with my dealer then negative.

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hard to see from the photos, but how does the coverage of this skid plate compare to the OEM skid plate? Was the install difficult?

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hard to see from the photos, but how does the coverage of this skid plate compare to the OEM skid plate? Was the install difficult?
Here’s a scan showing the factory and the upgrade. Looks like it’s just the wings under the hook that’s changed.
-lobo-f6-11-2001-skid-to-stock-skid-side-front-jpg.jpg

6-11-2001-skid-to-stock-skid-rear-view-overlay-jpg.jpg

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree that it looks good and there is a lot of people that wanted the winch to be under the truck. BUT I wouldn't use it. I have been in too many spots , just hunting mind you, that the water or mud or snow would be covering the winch. Your already stuck and hating it, and now you have to go fish for your winch cable. I have to pass on that situation.

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree that it looks good and there is a lot of people that wanted the winch to be under the truck. BUT I wouldn't use it. I have been in too many spots , just hunting mind you, that the water or mud or snow would be covering the winch. Your already stuck and hating it, and now you have to go fish for your winch cable. I have to pass on that situation.
To each their own.
I thought about that but am not in the mud as much as I use to be, but if I do get stuck I have a DMOS shovel to help dig me out. Yes I’ll likely be a little upset that I have to dig, but for that slight chance of having to dig I have Adaptive cruise control front and center, full visibility from my front Camera, the vehicle is still factory length and fits in my garage with a tool box in-front of it (plus I was not a fan of the factory Bumper Winch - In my opinion it looks goofy).
Now if it was my hunting rig and I got stuck a few times a year with my bumper buried in mud/water I likely would have considered a different design, but this was exactly what I needed. :) I will say that I went with the IP68 waterproof and remote clutch designed winch so that if I get in that situation I’m still not to tied up with hoping the winch works.
Sponsored