Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a bronco on order, but my exact build just became available at MSRP. The only difference is it that it has the high package instead of the lux. I've heard numerous complaints about the B&O sound system and was wondering if it would make more sense just to buy the high package and upgrade the stereo system? Has anyone done this? Would there be a reason to wait for the lux package? I dont really use adaptive cruise control and I don't care about the heated steering wheel, since that comes with every vehicle in AZ.
The extra wireless charging would be nice, but otherwise I'm not sure what else I'd be missing.
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a bronco on order, but my exact build just became available at MSRP. The only difference is it that it has the high package instead of the lux. I've heard numerous complaints about the B&O sound system and was wondering if it would make more sense just to buy the high package and upgrade the stereo system? Has anyone done this? Would there be a reason to wait for the lux package? I dont really use adaptive cruise control and I don't care about the heated steering wheel, since that comes with every vehicle in AZ.
The extra wireless charging would be nice, but otherwise I'm not sure what else I'd be missing.
If the only deciding difference is the speakers and sound quality, go after market for your stereo equipment. I replaced the B&O after only a month of ownership.

Brak101

Badlands
First Name
Brak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also heard even the upgraded stereo isn’t that great. I going Lux, because of the ACC, mostly. Otherwise i would be fine with the high package. Even now, I’m having regrets about the lux, because it’s limiting in front bumpers you can get.
Unfortunately, or rather, fortunately, my bronco is built, but stuck in chip hold purgatory. I can’t change it now…

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the B&O, and it sounds really good, I'm no audiophile but with the hardtop and some small adjustments I like it in surround. It has sounded a bit like a cave once or twice, I use a little more mid and treble with some rearword sound bias since the interior is little boomy anyway.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bumped my order down from Lux to High because most of the chatter is the sound system is not worth the price of admission, the charging pad is wonky, and the other feature just don't justify the costs. I also have no need for the cruise control. But remember, this is only one lunatics opinion.

What's the rest of the build? I'm at 850+ days waiting and I'm really losing patience with FORD's nonsense and ZERO communication.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Dad has the adaptive cruise in his new Explorer and absolutely hates it.

Also in AZ. I didn't know heated steering wheels even existed until folks here seemed to think they needed them.

OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bumped my order down from Lux to High because most of the chatter is the sound system is not worth the price of admission, the charging pad is wonky, and the other feature just don't justify the costs. I also have no need for the cruise control. But remember, this is only one lunatics opinion.

What's the rest of the build? I'm at 850+ days waiting and I'm really losing patience with FORD's nonsense and ZERO communication.
I
If the only deciding difference is the speakers and sound quality, go after market for your stereo equipment. I replaced the B&O after only a month of ownership.
Do you mind if I ask how much yours was? I've heard that it's way more costly to upgrade from the regular system vs the B&O, but not sure if there is any truth to that.

OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also in AZ. I didn't know heated steering wheels even existed until folks here seemed to think they needed them.
My steering wheel is already hot as hell without the heated option in the summertime. Wish they'd make cooling seats and steering wheel option with the heated. I like to mix it up.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make sure your dad knows that they can disable adaptive and just set it to work like regular cruise control if they hate it that much :)

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the B&O, and it sounds really good, I'm no audiophile but with the hardtop and some small adjustments I like it in surround. It has sounded a bit like a cave once or twice, I use a little more mid and treble with some rearword sound bias since the interior is little boomy anyway.
Totally agree, it's fine for me. Not fine for those who require perfect tones. I have old ears that are deaf to some frequencies. Maybe that's why it's fine for me.

OP - If you're an audiophile, I would get high package and do aftermarket replacement. There is a plethora of information on this topic here if you decide to go that route. If you can live with "good enough" audio, then lux B&O is your friend. :D Sorry, clear as mud still?

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figured it was better than the 6-speaker (though the '23 base is going to 7), and have never upgraded the audio system in any car I've owned.

I do wish the seats were ventilated, or perforated, but I suppose that makes "hose-out vinyl" harder to achieve.

I bumped my order down from Lux to High because most of the chatter is the sound system is not worth the price of admission, the charging pad is wonky, and the other feature just don't justify the costs. I also have no need for the cruise control. But remember, this is only one lunatics opinion
I'll use the pad when I have a phone cool enough to do that, whomp whomp. I haven't tried the cruise but I'm only at 500 miles, eventually I'll try some of the fancier stuff.

Side question, if you turned stuff off could that cause issues with insurance and accidents?

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LUX also gets you 3 years of Built-In Navigation, a universal garage door opener and Evasive Steering Assist, on top of the other things already listed above.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mind if I ask how much yours was? I've heard that it's way more costly to upgrade from the regular system vs the B&O, but not sure if there is any truth to that.
Well, I went kind semi-high end (not quite top of the line, but above midrange) and put Hertz throughout the system, and used my existing Kenwood sub/amps from my last vehicle. So my out the door price is going to be completely different than most.
I probably paid $2000, including the price of the ZEN-A2B / DSP6A-A2B ($780 on its own) which was required for using the 15" screen head unit.
I did some quick disconnects for the sub though, so I can take it out easily if I need more cargo space for off-road gear, but have found that it still all fits even with the sub back there, so I ended up just anchoring it down to the latch points in the cargo area. I also have since added a grill to the front of the subwoofer itself to protect it from my trunk organizer (which holds all my off-road crap).
None of this probably helps in your case though, you'll likely need to call some audio installers to see what they've charged other Bronco owners without LUX for full installs. Maybe someone else can chime in though, there's plenty that have done it.

Ford Bronco High VS Lux and B&O 1669062821403

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree, it's fine for me. Not fine for those who require perfect tones. I have old ears that are deaf to some frequencies. Maybe that's why it's fine for me.

OP - If you're an audiophile, I would get high package and do aftermarket replacement. There is a plethora of information on this topic here if you decide to go that route. If you can live with "good enough" audio, then lux B&O is your friend. :D Sorry, clear as mud still?
Agreed - the B&O is not bad , heck, it's even considered good for a stock stereo.
If you want some more sound though, aftermarket for sure.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the ACC and the B&O stereo system. But then I’m not into cruising Walmart with the windows down and the base turned up all the way….

I have read here that the Lux package has additional sound deadening. My daughter thought her OB, High, 2.3L, lined MIC was louder to drive than my BL, Lux, 2.7L, unlined MIC. To me, the Lux is fairly quiet, but then I’m 72 and 1/2 deaf…
Sponsored