Sponsored

Badland's "high package" vs "luxe package" makes no sense....

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just noticed the "high package" for $2,790 has (12" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with swipe capability) but the more expensive "luxe package" for $5,440 only has the smaller 8" screen?

My chicken brain is confused about this? I know they threw in adaptive cruise control, 360 camera and wireless charging pad in Luxe package (I thought ALL trims had wireless charging pad... I guess not!)... so that is why the most expensive Luxe package doesn't have that cool bigger 12" screen? If I pay that much then I want it all.

There are too many trims to choose from... they should keep it more simple!
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just noticed the "high package" for $2,790 has (12" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with swipe capability) but the more expensive "luxe package" for $5,440 only has the smaller 8" screen?

My chicken brain is confused about this? I know they threw in adaptive cruise control, 360 camera and wireless charging pad in Luxe package (I thought ALL trims had wireless charging pad... I guess not!)... so that is why the most expensive Luxe package doesn't have that cool bigger 12" screen? If I pay that much then I want it all.

There are too many trims to choose from... they should keep it more simple!
Lux has a 12 in screen as well. Lux is everything in mid plus everything in high plus…..the stuff in Lux.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lux = 12+adaptive cruise, leather, 360 view. Basically all of the high+those things.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whoops I see thanks.

What confused is that (12" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with swipe capability) seems to be missing from the list... instead it shows (4-8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with swipe capability) as shown in my screenshot... where does it say that the Luxe has the 12" screen?

missing.png

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know where your picture comes from, but in the build and price, it says Lux comes with everything in the high package plus:

Navyicman

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have 360 degree cameras in my high package Bronco. All I could see that the Lux would have gotten me was a weak charger, adaptive cruise and the B&O sound system

EDIT: I also forgot the heated steering wheel and evasive steering assist, WETF that is.

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Whoops I see thanks.

What confused is that (12" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with swipe capability) seems to be missing from the list... instead it shows (4-8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with swipe capability) as shown in my screenshot... where does it say that the Luxe has the 12" screen?

Ford Bronco Badland's "high package" vs "luxe package" makes no sense.... missi
Lux is everything in high which includes a 12 inch screen as one of the upgrades plus all the things in Lux.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know where your picture comes from, but in the build and price, it says Lux comes with everything in the high package plus:

I see thanks. I got screenshot from Ford website where you can select trim you want and build. If you go to Ford website and select Badlands build you will see it says 8" screen for the Luxe package for badlands... I will look again tomorrow when I am not so tired.

Last edited:

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The screenshot says Lux includes all High Package Features plus ACC etc etc. Then it says Plus Standard Features which is just a listing of what comes standard on the Bronco Badlands. Those ”Standard Features“ is just informing you of the basic features for the Badlands series, but those are superseded by any enhancements that are included with the Lux package and optional packages. E.g. you get 12” touch screen not the standard 8”; you get 10-speaker B&O sound system, not the 7-speaker.
Yeah it could be more clear if the Standard features list eliminated the things that the optional package replaced.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry OMG it was right in front of me (ridiculous I did not see it). I see it now. Oops. It clearly says "Includes all High Package features, plus" in small text at the top. Disregard this entire thread. Delete it. Burn it. Forget about it.

None of this ever happened.

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lux = 12+adaptive cruise, leather, 360 view. Basically all of the high+those things.
Lux doesn’t automatically add leather to the Badlands. It’s MGV and it’s another $2k or something to add leather trimmed seats.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@bkirchhoff : Thanks for the correction. I guess some things have changed since I went with my BL.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 360 degree cameras in my high package Bronco. All I could see that the Lux would have gotten me was a weak charger, adaptive cruise and the B&O sound system
Also includes Nav that does not require subscription

Navyicman

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also includes Nav that does not require subscription
Yeah, that's one I missed, but not worth the price of admission IMHO, especially with Apple carplay or in my case android auto.
Sponsored

Last edited: