First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, 21Bronco,22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a bronco on order, but my exact build just became available at MSRP. The only difference is it that it has the high package instead of the lux. I've heard numerous complaints about the B&O sound system and was wondering if it would make more sense just to buy the high package and upgrade the stereo system? Has anyone done this? Would there be a reason to wait for the lux package? I dont really use adaptive cruise control and I don't care about the heated steering wheel, since that comes with every vehicle in AZ.
The extra wireless charging would be nice, but otherwise I'm not sure what else I'd be missing.
I have a 4dr Outer Banks high package and totally love it, The only thing I wanted in the lux package was the B&O Soundsystem so paying $3000 for that package upgrade to me was absurd. Instead I got leather and still had money to put nice wheels and tires on. I recently bought my wife a 2dr Outer Banks with the lux package, The wireless charging is kool and the B&O sounds great but not as good as the aftermarket subwoofer and amp I had installed in my 4dr👍🏽👍🏽
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, just saw this recent thread about the B&O system and just felt compelled to respond with an opinion. I just got my Bronco yesterday.........2-Door, LUX with the B&O system. I am absolutely NOT AN AUDIOPHILE, so take this for what it is worth. I see lots of posts about the B&O system as being total shit. Listen, if you are not an audiophile prima donna, the B&O system is just fine!!!!! I replaced my 16-year old Nissan Xterra with what I thought was a nice Rockford Fosgate system......their equivalent of the time to their high-end stock stereo system. The Bronco B&O system is so much better than that and I cannot imaging needing anything more......and cannot imagine being able to tell the difference.......and certainly don't think spending the money needed to get something that is perceptibly better. B&O is find for the average owner........period.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry, just saw this recent thread about the B&O system and just felt compelled to respond with an opinion. I just got my Bronco yesterday.........2-Door, LUX with the B&O system. I am absolutely NOT AN AUDIOPHILE, so take this for what it is worth. I see lots of posts about the B&O system as being total shit. Listen, if you are not an audiophile prima donna, the B&O system is just fine!!!!! I replaced my 16-year old Nissan Xterra with what I thought was a nice Rockford Fosgate system......their equivalent of the time to their high-end stock stereo system. The Bronco B&O system is so much better than that and I cannot imaging needing anything more......and cannot imagine being able to tell the difference.......and certainly don't think spending the money needed to get something that is perceptibly better. B&O is find for the average owner........period.
Jump into a 2021 Honda CR-V EX-L, listen to a station for a few minutes (have your Bronco tuned to the same station), jump back into the Bronco and tell me you feel the same way... LOL. It's that stark of a difference, until I upgraded the speakers in the Bronco, the Honda sounded light years better... Now, they are almost equal.

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also just coming back to this thread to chime in. Drove about 400 miles over this thanksgiving weekend. The ACC is an absolute game changer and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on it. I am way less mentally tired after long drives with it on.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jump into a 2021 Honda CR-V EX-L, listen to a station for a few minutes (have your Bronco tuned to the same station), jump back into the Bronco and tell me you feel the same way... LOL. It's that stark of a difference, until I upgraded the speakers in the Bronco, the Honda sounded light years better... Now, they are almost equal.
Again, late 2007 vehicle and "high-end" stock stereo versus 2021 stereo. Still an unfair comparison when that is my only perspective. Again, audiophile geeks.....just get your rocks off as you need to. My new LUX B&O system is just fine......more than fine.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Again, late 2007 vehicle and "high-end" stock stereo versus 2021 stereo. Still an unfair comparison when that is my only perspective. Again, audiophile geeks.....just get your rocks off as you need to. My new LUX B&O system is just fine......more than fine.
I thought were talking 10 speaker B&O lux (2021) vs a non-upgraded 8 speaker 2021 Honda CR-V Stereo. How do you get that I was comparing it to a 2007 vehicle? I am quite sure that the stock system in a 2007 Nissan sucked and I never meant to imply that it was fair to compare a 2007 stock Nissan system to anything more advanced than music piped through tin cups and a string.

Explain how the Bronco system should not be way better, but yet the Honda sounds way better than the Ford. I suspect that they even use the same head unit based on the graphics and adjustments available.

OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I HATE the evasive steering crap. Another reason for me NOT to get the Lux
This is such a good breakdown. Do you like the evasive steering? This is something I feel like I would enjoy having.
Sponsored