acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah but it turns itself on by itself. That's the real issue.
I don't think I've ever had that happen with mine 🤔 I have the 2.7 auto. I always manually set the parking brake and then manually turn it off. I've never had it do anything on it's own.
Sponsored

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think I've ever had that happen with mine 🤔 I have the 2.7 auto. I always manually set the parking brake and then manually turn it off. I've never had it do anything on it's own.

Here's what the manual says about it:

"Note: The electronic parking brake could apply when you power your vehicle on with the selector in park (P).
Note: The electronic parking brake could apply if you shift to park (P) without fully pressing the brake pedal.
Note: The electronic parking brake could apply if you shift to park (P) on a slope.
Note: Do not manually release the parking brake when the selector is in park (P).See Automatically Releasing the Electric Parking Brake. "

And then in the "Automatically Releasing the Electric Parking Brake." Section, it says to just drive off lol.

But there is also a section about manually releasing the parking brake(foot on brake and press the switch), which is says not to do in the notes I shared 🤔 weird.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have lux mainly because I'm a top of the line guy. My unbaised opinion is

Thee B&O sounds pretty good but the sub is horrible. A lot of people don't realize sound stage is everything in audio. no door speakers are not going to fix sound quality even with high end speaker replacements. That being said you can save money and install your own audio system that will be better than B&O. If I could remove just this feature I would.

Heated steering wheel is self explanatory. People say it is 'weaker' than other vehicles which I believe to be true, but by NO MEANS does it not work. I use it every day in the winter-spring months. It is great with remote start also. If I could turn it up 10% I would, but it works no problem.

The wireless charger is worthless. I have an apple OEM case and when I got over a mild bump it stops charging. Even when it does 'charge' I'm luckly if I just hold a charge. I'm looking for a plug and play apple mag safe solution. If I could remove this feature I would

Garage door opener is nice, but of course you can just use your clicker instead

ACC is a game changer for rush hour traffic. If you've ever had it in a vehicle you know what I mean. I can no longer live without this feature. I wish it was ACC with stop and go, but even when it disables at 10mph that is better than nothing. Because of ACC I will buy lux 10x over.
I like that the garage door opener will allow me to store up to 3 girlfriends garage doors.

The wireless charger is worthless. It just overheats the phone.

ACC needs to be stop/start, there is no reason for it not to be. I need to figure out how to enable that still (and I will eventually).

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have Lux. I am not an audiophile (I'm deaf in one ear, and partially in the other) and the B&O system was disappointing to me. I have replaced all the speakers already... I've only had my Bronco for 5 weeks. if you don't care about the adaptive cruise or heated steering wheel - I say just stick with the high package - consider it a win. put the money towards aftermarket stereo upgrades. Personally I love the adaptive cruise, otherwise, I'd be pretty pissed about spending the money on Lux and getting such a crappy stereo
Happy to see someone else with this opinion. The B&O in the Bronco is THE MOST underwhelming premium audio I have heard in a vehicle.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, it's never even kicked in for me, and I have been in some spicy driving, depends on how you set it. I have only had collision warning go off less than a 1/2 dozen times in 50k miles. I have it all set to minimum sensitivity.
"depends on how you set it" -- Exactly sir. The fact I had to read up on how to set it... well, was because it was annoying prior to changing settings. AND the collision assist when people are turning to the right, in front of me, gaaah!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"depends on how you set it" -- Exactly sir. The fact I had to read up on how to set it... well, was because it was annoying prior to changing settings. AND the collision assist when people are turning to the right, in front of me, gaaah!
I am getting ready to write my 50,000 mile review today, and a part of the review is how much I would have hated the Bronco "as delivered". In a world without FORSCAN or this forum, I would have traded it in after the first month.

"As delivered", the Bronco sucks ass in so many ways. I will save it for the review later today.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know the cost of the built in Navigation after the free l 3 year period?

you have the option to delete this feature from the Lux package and save $695, is that correct?

What are the pros and cons to the bult in navigation?
I am not sure the cost of the navigation after. But, the major benefits of having built in nav is two things.

1) it is a gps based system that uses satellites while the connected navigation is cell tower based.

2) when your subscription runs out you lose the advanced nav features (traffic reporting and such), but you still can use turn by turn navigation. The connected navigation just becomes a map with your location.

Or at least that is what I have read.

Thread 'Basic Navigation paywalled - Is this true?' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/basic-navigation-paywalled-is-this-true.45167/

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
We were off topic. (Talking about my Dad's Exploder, not the Bronco). As far as I know, the stupid E-brake works just fine in the Bronco, but I have only actually used it twice.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also heard even the upgraded stereo isn’t that great. I going Lux, because of the ACC, mostly. Otherwise i would be fine with the high package. Even now, I’m having regrets about the lux, because it’s limiting in front bumpers you can get.
Unfortunately, or rather, fortunately, my bronco is built, but stuck in chip hold purgatory. I can’t change it now…
What happens to the BO system over time? To my ears it sounds good and I’m no audio slouch. I’m rocking B&W 702S at home with a Rel subwoofer so audio does matter. Interestingly on the Bronco w/Lux package, I’ve enabled Dolby surround for regular audio playback and I kinda like it.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed - the B&O is not bad , heck, it's even considered good for a stock stereo.
If you want some more sound though, aftermarket for sure.
B&O is fine for me and this is coming from a guy that would dump thousands into stereo upgrades 20yrs ago when I was in college. It has good sound and decent thump. I’m more worried about having my tools, Jerry can, and LifeSaver water filter in the back for when the economy collapses than a subwoofer at this point in my life. 🤣

Sponsored

Jim98

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I

Do you mind if I ask how much yours was? I've heard that it's way more costly to upgrade from the regular system vs the B&O, but not sure if there is any truth to that.
One thing I found on the Lux package is that you can drop the navigation and that drops $695 from the cost of navigation. That along with dropping towing got me a Quick production date. Ordered 10/11/22 production week 01/09/23.

Jim98

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I found on the Lux package is that you can drop the navigation and that drops $695 from the cost of navigation. That along with dropping towing got me a Quick production date. Ordered 10/11/22 production week 01/09/23.
Thar should be drops $695 from the cost of Lux package

OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow that’s a hack! Mine was ordered 10/21 and doesn’t have a vin. I did drop towing, but not navigation. I don’t even care about the navigation, because I use it on my phone no matter what.

Jim98

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow that’s a hack! Mine was ordered 10/21 and doesn’t have a vin. I did drop towing, but not navigation. I don’t even care about the navigation, because I use it on my phone no matter what.
You might want to check with your dealer to see if that is possible at this point. I've heard the chip restraint is the problem. It worked out for me. Have a VIN # and build date if it holds. Good luck.

Jim98

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure the cost of the navigation after. But, the major benefits of having built in nav is two things.

1) it is a gps based system that uses satellites while the connected navigation is cell tower based.

2) when your subscription runs out you lose the advanced nav features (traffic reporting and such), but you still can use turn by turn navigation. The connected navigation just becomes a map with your location.

Or at least that is what I have read.

Thread 'Basic Navigation paywalled - Is this true?' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/basic-navigation-paywalled-is-this-true.45167/
Yes, you can save $695 off the cost of Lux Package by removing the Navigation. I did on my order.
Sponsored