Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have lux mainly because I'm a top of the line guy. My unbaised opinion is

Thee B&O sounds pretty good but the sub is horrible. A lot of people don't realize sound stage is everything in audio. no door speakers are not going to fix sound quality even with high end speaker replacements. That being said you can save money and install your own audio system that will be better than B&O. If I could remove just this feature I would.

Heated steering wheel is self explanatory. People say it is 'weaker' than other vehicles which I believe to be true, but by NO MEANS does it not work. I use it every day in the winter-spring months. It is great with remote start also. If I could turn it up 10% I would, but it works no problem.

The wireless charger is worthless. I have an apple OEM case and when I got over a mild bump it stops charging. Even when it does 'charge' I'm luckly if I just hold a charge. I'm looking for a plug and play apple mag safe solution. If I could remove this feature I would

Garage door opener is nice, but of course you can just use your clicker instead

ACC is a game changer for rush hour traffic. If you've ever had it in a vehicle you know what I mean. I can no longer live without this feature. I wish it was ACC with stop and go, but even when it disables at 10mph that is better than nothing. Because of ACC I will buy lux 10x over.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I HATE the evasive steering crap. Another reason for me NOT to get the Lux
LUX also gets you 3 years of Built-In Navigation, a universal garage door opener and Evasive Steering Assist, on top of the other things already listed above.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I went kind semi-high end (not quite top of the line, but above midrange) and put Hertz throughout the system, and used my existing Kenwood sub/amps from my last vehicle. So my out the door price is going to be completely different than most.
I probably paid $2000, including the price of the ZEN-A2B / DSP6A-A2B ($780 on its own) which was required for using the 15" screen head unit.
I did some quick disconnects for the sub though, so I can take it out easily if I need more cargo space for off-road gear, but have found that it still all fits even with the sub back there, so I ended up just anchoring it down to the latch points in the cargo area. I also have since added a grill to the front of the subwoofer itself to protect it from my trunk organizer (which holds all my off-road crap).
None of this probably helps in your case though, you'll likely need to call some audio installers to see what they've charged other Bronco owners without LUX for full installs. Maybe someone else can chime in though, there's plenty that have done it.

1669062821403.png
I don't have a build date yet, but I picked up some Hertz "scratch 'n dent" deals from Crutchfield. I went with the same 4" model, but went for the SPL 6.5s for the kicks. I figure that will tide me over until I get the itch to add a sub amp.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a bronco on order, but my exact build just became available at MSRP. The only difference is it that it has the high package instead of the lux. I've heard numerous complaints about the B&O sound system and was wondering if it would make more sense just to buy the high package and upgrade the stereo system? Has anyone done this? Would there be a reason to wait for the lux package? I dont really use adaptive cruise control and I don't care about the heated steering wheel, since that comes with every vehicle in AZ.
The extra wireless charging would be nice, but otherwise I'm not sure what else I'd be missing.
I think you would be better off with the High package.

How much an upgraded sound system costs really is dependent on your tastes and how much you want to spend. The dash speakers are really easy to upgrade yourself. Crutchfield can tell you what fits. For some reason, they don't have speaker wire adapters for the dash speakers, but if you search through the forums, people have found adapters that work fine.

If you want more bass, then adding a powered subwoof is a good way to go.

Probably the best thing is to get recommendations from friends in your area, and find an installer that will work with your budget. One way to 'sanity check' install prices is to look up the rates that Best Buy lists on their website for installs.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have a build date yet, but I picked up some Hertz "scratch 'n dent" deals from Crutchfield. I went with the same 4" model, but went for the SPL 6.5s for the kicks. I figure that will tide me over until I get the itch to add a sub amp.
They'll be great speakers, even if you don't amp them, they'll still sound better than stock.

Sponsored

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands Lux owner here, it's a toss up.
  • I love the ACC on road trips, but hate the ACC when I started looking for winch options. Have the Rough Country High Winch Mount on order as we speak.
  • The B&O seems fine to me, but I'm 44 years old and don't care that much. Lots of talk radio.
  • The 12" screen is awesome. This I do care about and love every moment of it. I keep it in night mode 24/7.
  • I do enjoy the Navigation. No issue at all. Use Gaia when off road on my phone.
  • Evasive / Lane Keeping Steering Assist is just ok, but not needed.
  • Heated Steering Wheel could be warmer. But is nice on cold mornings.
  • Wireless phone charger works fine, but does make your phone hot.
All in all, it's a give and take. There's been plenty of times I wished I had a Black Diamond, but then I think about the stay bar disconnect and 12" screen. Other times the ACC is a pain in the butt when accessorizing, but it's also great on road trips.

Ugh........wish we could completely custom build a bronco :)

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Part of me wants to the Lux just for all the creature comforts I’ve been missing driving an old car for awhile. Any stereo would be good to me right about now. I never thought I could handle driving around in silence, but it definitely isn’t fun.
I personally say go for it. Life is short, I say add the lux package. It's better to be thinking "I don't really need this feature" versus "I wish I had this feature". I personally enjoy things being from the factory and not add much modification to my cars, but that's just me.

MathRanger

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR OBX Cactus Gray Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The adaptive cruise control is an absolute GAME CHANGER, especially on commutes and trips. It has changed the way I think about driving, and done wonders for my legs and hamstrings!

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The adaptive cruise control is an absolute GAME CHANGER, especially on commutes and trips. It has changed the way I think about driving, and done wonders for my legs and hamstrings!
We almost have the exact same build. I ordered mine the day before you and I’m scheduled for production in January, ‘23. You reserved yours way ahead of me. Besides, you’re serving our country and you deserve it! P.S. my nephew is a Ranger also.
Ford Bronco High VS Lux and B&O 5FF78B55-C2BA-417E-95C6-FF860196CDF1

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Annoy the hell out of you.
No, it's never even kicked in for me, and I have been in some spicy driving, depends on how you set it. I have only had collision warning go off less than a 1/2 dozen times in 50k miles. I have it all set to minimum sensitivity.

Sponsored

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He knows. He also hates that he has to do it every damn time he gets in, just like the AS/S. And it's not just a button, you have to go about 4 deep into the touch screen menu. If it would just remember the last setting...
According to the owners manual, it does remember the last setting for the cruise control. Also, you can use ForScan to disable AS/S

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, absolutely wanted ACC and heat(even though I live in west tx)
My Maverick and 6.7 Tremor both have the same.😉

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
According to the owners manual, it does remember the last setting for the cruise control. Also, you can use ForScan to disable AS/S
You are correct. Parents visited for thanksgiving and I spent 10-15 minutes in the settings setting everything. Including several they didn't know where there because they didn't realize that some of the menus scrolled.

It does indeed remember that you set it to normal cruise. It gives you a warning every time you use it, but you can just dismiss that with the OK button.

Now if I could fix the stupid automatic parking brake. Damn thing is dangerous. Instead of just lifting you foot off the brake to creep forward out of a parking spot you have to press the gas, and the ST jumps forward pretty aggressively.

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct. Parents visited for thanksgiving and I spent 10-15 minutes in the settings setting everything. Including several they didn't know where there because they didn't realize that some of the menus scrolled.

It does indeed remember that you set it to normal cruise. It gives you a warning every time you use it, but you can just dismiss that with the OK button.

Now if I could fix the stupid automatic parking brake. Damn thing is dangerous. Instead of just lifting you foot off the brake to creep forward out of a parking spot you have to press the gas, and the ST jumps forward pretty aggressively.
Ah, the parking brake is pull to engage, push to disengage.