First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Make sure your dad knows that they can disable adaptive and just set it to work like regular cruise control if they hate it that much :)
He knows. He also hates that he has to do it every damn time he gets in, just like the AS/S. And it's not just a button, you have to go about 4 deep into the touch screen menu. If it would just remember the last setting...
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He knows. He also hates that he has to do it every damn time he gets in, just like the AS/S. And it's not just a button, you have to go about 4 deep into the touch screen menu. If it would just remember the last setting...
just tape a piece of aluminum foil onto the front ACC sensor.
memory issue fixed

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
B&O is garbage. Wireless charging pad is a useless joke. But I would still get the LUX for the heat and cruise. Thatā€™s what you need to decide on.
Agree on all the above. Itā€™s personal on what features are important to you. I need the heated seats/wheel living in Minneapolis and my Bronco will spend a lot of time in northern MN where itā€™s 5+ degrees colder than Minneapolis.

Ford Bronco High VS Lux and B&O C350BDAE-904B-40D9-AC4D-1830E3903F4B

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a bronco on order, but my exact build just became available at MSRP. The only difference is it that it has the high package instead of the lux. I've heard numerous complaints about the B&O sound system and was wondering if it would make more sense just to buy the high package and upgrade the stereo system? Has anyone done this? Would there be a reason to wait for the lux package? I dont really use adaptive cruise control and I don't care about the heated steering wheel, since that comes with every vehicle in AZ.
The extra wireless charging would be nice, but otherwise I'm not sure what else I'd be missing.
My SAS OBX is in Tempe with the top off and these last few mornings a heated steering wheel would have been nice! šŸ¤£

But I felt the same way. I didnā€™t need heated steering wheel in AZ, heard the wireless charger is flaky, and wanted to do my own sound system. I also am not a fan of adaptive cruise control, so it was an easy choice. For the money, Iā€™d only go lux if you absolutely want ACC. Save the money and upgrade to whatever you want. Plenty of shops in the Valley who will set you up better and cheaper.

Enjoy your Bronco. Absolutely loving mine.

Ford Bronco High VS Lux and B&O 5435226D-657C-4F86-AB38-A959C197D047

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bumped my order down from Lux to High because most of the chatter is the sound system is not worth the price of admission, the charging pad is wonky, and the other feature just don't justify the costs. I also have no need for the cruise control. But remember, this is only one lunatics opinion.

What's the rest of the build? I'm at 850+ days waiting and I'm really losing patience with FORD's nonsense and ZERO communication.
Iā€™ve had several Ford vehicles with ACC and wonā€™t be without it. Our new Expedition has hands free BlueCruise, which currently isnā€™t working. Weā€™ve had the Expo for 6 weeks and the dealer hasnā€™t found out how to fix the software glitch.

Sponsored

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Even excluding the upgraded sound system, all the other creature comforts in the package are absolutely worth it imo.

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the B&O, and it sounds really good, I'm no audiophile but with the hardtop and some small adjustments I like it in surround. It has sounded a bit like a cave once or twice, I use a little more mid and treble with some rearword sound bias since the interior is little boomy anyway.
This is good to hear! Pun intended. I went lux so I could enjoy this off the lot incase the Recession hits and new priorities over mods arise.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a bronco on order, but my exact build just became available at MSRP. The only difference is it that it has the high package instead of the lux. I've heard numerous complaints about the B&O sound system and was wondering if it would make more sense just to buy the high package and upgrade the stereo system? Has anyone done this? Would there be a reason to wait for the lux package? I dont really use adaptive cruise control and I don't care about the heated steering wheel, since that comes with every vehicle in AZ.
The extra wireless charging would be nice, but otherwise I'm not sure what else I'd be missing.
You sound exactly like I did when I ordered mine. I didn't have a budget going in. I was building my perfect vehicle that I had been waiting my whole life for.

I chose the High package. Here are the reasons why:

- I listened to the B&O sound system when driving one at the OffRoadeo and was supremely disappointed. It was completely nutless for a supposed premium audio.
- I hate Adaptive Cruise Control.
- I never use Driving Aids. I want to drive my vehicle.
- I am in Houston so I'd never use the heated steering wheel

So when it came down to it the only thing I would have wanted was the charging pad. So I went with the High Package and sent it off for a custom audio install the week I got her with the money I "saved" lol!

I did a full build with Morel 603s, 2 Ground Zero 6.5" subs and a JL Audio 900w amp. The audio quality is phenomenal!

I have zero regrets. And I would highly recommend grabbing that High Package, especially with the opportunity to buy at MSRP!!

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have Lux. I am not an audiophile (I'm deaf in one ear, and partially in the other) and the B&O system was disappointing to me. I have replaced all the speakers already... I've only had my Bronco for 5 weeks. if you don't care about the adaptive cruise or heated steering wheel - I say just stick with the high package - consider it a win. put the money towards aftermarket stereo upgrades. Personally I love the adaptive cruise, otherwise, I'd be pretty pissed about spending the money on Lux and getting such a crappy stereo

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I chose the high over lux. $3000 juice was not worth the squeeze IMHO. I think the power port on the dash would have been nice for a radar, cb, camera or electronical do-dad...visible wires are a pet peeve of mine so just gonna go through the dash. To each their own, hoping I turn 250000 in 20 yrs from now with mine. For those still waiting from 2020 reservations...may the force be with you. Really pleased with my WT.
Ford Bronco High VS Lux and B&O 1669088895511

Sponsored

lewishamilton

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The B&O is mediocre and with the wind noise you don't hear much IMO. I went with the Lux because I really need the heated steering in Canada.

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have broncos with both High and Lux the BO sound system sounds terrible the regular sound systems sounds great in the high package. Sounds distort very quickly in the BO at higher volumes you need in a bronco to be able to hear things.

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only real con to the lux in my opinion is the difficulty with having a winch with the ACC, especially with the 2.7. I love my LUX package, the ACC is amazing. The safty features will reduce your insurance too.

OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only real con to the lux in my opinion is the difficulty with having a winch with the ACC, especially with the 2.7. I love my LUX package, the ACC is amazing. The safty features will reduce your insurance too.
Thatā€™s something I never even thought of! By a lot?
Sponsored