First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not at all. But something that is easily adjusted is not a big deal...
Yeah. So much so, that it should have been caught by the guys putting it together.
I think it’s ridiculous that there’s always someone that’s like “No big deal. You guys complain too much.” Like we are spoiled Amazon customers with unrealistic expectations, because we expect people to do their jobs right.

Respectfully..

Ford Bronco Hood Gap 1627131114216
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah. So much so, that it should have been caught by the guys putting it together.
I think it’s ridiculous that there’s always someone that’s like “No big deal. You guys complain too much.” Like we are spoiled Amazon customers with unrealistic expectations, because we expect people to do their jobs right.

Respectfully..

Ford Bronco Hood Gap 1627131114216
I get what you’re saying. To my eye, though, I don’t see anything bad enough that it would obviously would fall outside of any manufacturing tolerance / spec on my Bronco OTHER than the top. There is a certain amount of variance or imperfection that has to be permitted. As for the hood’s vertical alignment specifically, it still doesn’t register to me as off or not intended to look as it does

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get what you’re saying. To my eye, though, I don’t see anything bad enough that it would obviously would fall outside of any manufacturing tolerance / spec on my Bronco OTHER than the top. There is a certain amount of variance or imperfection that has to be permitted. As for the hood’s vertical alignment specifically, it still doesn’t register to me as off or not intended to look as it does
My comment was more about the overall QC. And I agree that panel alignment and gaps are low on the grievance list. But I think it’s more of an indicator of their business model, prioritizing production over quality finished product.
I realize these types of growing pains are par for the course. But I have a hard time believing any of these issues were unknown before shipping.
A well run QC program usually fishes all this out before they are allowed out the door. Instead, it’s a push to deliver that compromises customer satisfaction and your companies reputation.

It’s a good thing there wasn’t an available Supra at the dealership yesterday. js

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it easy? I've never had to adjust a gap or latch on a brand new vehicle...
Everyone seems so on edge here today.
I was just asking if this is common, or a 1 off issue. Maybe they don't do QC on dealer demos as strict as customer cars?
Right. Not sure how I feel about possibly needing to adjust anything on my brand new $60k vehicle. Unless its just a couple of turns with a screwdriver.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just asking if this is common, or a 1 off issue. Maybe they don't do QC on dealer demos as strict as customer cars?
It’s not super hard. But works better with 2 people. The difficult part is usually making the adjustments without leaving marks on hardware or scratching the paint.

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't take it personally, some people here overreact to any criticism of/complaint about the Bronco like they are taking it personally.

Last edited:

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The damn fenders are modular and are easily removable.. remember which vehicle you are buying..this all has to be made to disassemble and reassemble with relative ease.. stack up comes to mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The damn fenders are modular and are easily removable.. remember which vehicle you are buying..this all has to be made to disassemble and reassemble with relative ease.. just a heads up!
Does that mean it shouldn't all line up when assembled?? I shouldn't expect a brand new vehicle off the line to have correct panel gaps?
I would get your point on a 5 year old vehicle that has had fenders or door removed a bunch of times, but not brand new on the lot.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does that mean it shouldn't all line up when assembled?? I shouldn't expect a brand new vehicle off the line to have correct panel gaps?
I would get your point on a 5 year old vehicle that has had fenders or door removed a bunch of times, but not brand new on the lot.
he stated the gaps do line up there is just a few mill difference in height. and yes, if you are not comfortable, buy something else. the side gaps should be even and line up and he stated they did. I would like to see a pic to be a better judge, it maybe a one off..

Sponsored
OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

he stated the gaps do line up there is just a few mill difference in height. and yes, if you are not comfortable, buy something else. the side gaps should be even and line up and he stated they did. I would like to see a pic to be a better judge, it maybe a one off..
That was my original question, was this a one off that I saw, on a dealer lot, that had a major hood misalignment to the fenders.
When I was driving it, I could see the inside edges of the fenders, maybe 5-8mm?
I'm mad at myself for not getting pictures of it. I was rushed.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That was my original question, was this a one off that I saw, on a dealer lot, that had a major hood misalignment to the fenders.
When I was driving it, I could see the inside edges of the fenders, maybe 5-8mm?
I'm mad at myself for not getting pictures of it. I was rushed.
very hard to see on the Cactus grey also..

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Updated first post with a picture my wife took, but you can see it even at a distance.
did it cast a shadow like that? I am going to check a few hundred out to see if that is design or adjustment.