Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hooke Road Cart Review

"Doors and Hardtops Storage Cart ( 97-23 Wrangler & Gladiator JT & 21-23 Ford Bronco ) - Hooke Road"

Link:
https://www.hookeroad.com/collectio...adiator-jt-hardtop-ford-bronco-hardtop-b2076s

Original Price: $899.99
Current Sale Price: $599.99
My order total: $569.99 (used discount code "DOTY" for $30 off)
Shipping: $0.00

Ordered on 6.19.2023 @ 9:25PM
Delivered on 6.29.2023 @ 11:40AM

After seeing this item on the B6G forums, I put an order in during Hooke Road's sale of the cart.
Delivery was 8 business days (10 days total including weekend), so delivery was within the Hooke
Road estimate of "4-8 Workdays Arrival". The box arrived in decent shape, with the nylon straps
tapped down to the box, which is a nice touch, to ensure the nylon straps aren't broken in
transport. One of the cardboard inserts was crushed in in a few places, a small bag of nuts/bolts
broke open, a steel section was slightly bent, and a couple of plastic pieces were broken. All
relatively minor issues during construction of the cart.

Putting the cart together took me ~5 hours, due to me doing it solo, and being mostly not good with
my hands. Also the instructions aren't abundantly clear. I feel like a simple formatting of the
instructions would benefit the end-user, and perhaps higher quality images within the instructions.

Once I got the hang of how it was put together, it was all much simpler and straight forward to see
what went where, and how to get each piece to align and connect to the other pieces. The box came
with plenty of extra pieces of screws, bolts, corner connectors, plent of extra rubber strips to
cover most aluminum pieces from touching your doors/top. There was only one piece that was missing
from my box (lost in shipping? one of the pieces lost due to bag opening and pieces spilling out?)
which was a screw that bolted up to the handles, for moving the cart around. I was able to take the
handle, and the pieces needed to the local big box store and grab a screw that worked (photo in
Imgur link below). I didn't need to reach out to Hooke Road for any replacement parts, broken parts,
missing pieces, issues with material quality, etc.

The cart itself feels very sturdy. It looks and feels strong enough to hold all 4 Bronco doors, and
each roof panel, with no problems (so long as you followed instructions halfway decently). Once the
doors, middle and rear roof panels are loaded onto the cart, and the cart put into place in my
garage, the entire setup is taking up much less space in my garage than where only the rear roof
section was being stored before (on my garage floor, on top of padded gym flooring mats). Overall
this cart looks great, much better than my previous storage solution, takes up less space, and holds
all removable pieces to my truck in one spot, and was under $600.

My only complaint, and I plan to resolve once the doors & tops are back on my Bronco this fall, is
the casters that came with the cart are subpar, or perhaps the caster barings. Either way, I am
planning to replace the casters with ones with more mobility. The ability to lock the casters in
place while parked is a nice touch.

Below is the link to the photos of before and after (Not sure why Imgur chose to order my photos that way). Please let me know what you think, and if you
have any questions. I'm happy to help. Thanks.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Surprised no one ever replied to this thread! Nice write up. How’s the cart holding up and any likes and dislikes after owning it a few weeks?

OP
OP
Skott

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Surprised no one ever replied to this thread! Nice write up. How’s the cart holding up and any likes and dislikes after owning it a few weeks?
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

The cart is holding up well. It's been storing all 4 doors and the rear and middle roof panels since day one. No issues. The only complaint I can find are the casters. The way that they screw into the aluminum frame, the casters aren't able to freely articulate and get stuck on the hardware.

Once cooler weather rolls in, and my doors & tops are back on the truck, I will swap all 4 casters out with whatever the highest rated options are on Amazon.

Other than that minor grip, I highly recommend the cart, especially if you're able to catch one on sale.

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like the link is down now. I bought a pair of Hooke Road steps and I’m really impressed with their build quality. Looks like I’ll need to make room for a cart!

OP
OP
Skott

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like the link is down now. I bought a pair of Hooke Road steps and I’m really impressed with their build quality. Looks like I’ll need to make room for a cart!
Weird. That link in my original post is dead, but they're in stock on their site.

I'll update my original post.

Sponsored

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice review my friend.. I’m going to place an order when or if it goes on sale again… I really don’t need it till next spring anyway, I live in upstate NY.. Long ass BORING winters!!

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
looking to buy this cart but have one concern. The hardtop has a carpet headliner and I’m worried the bars of the cart will make permanent indentations in the headliner after sitting there with the pressure points from the cart. Any thoughts?
Sponsored