First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please take this post & poll with as a semi-sarcastic/light-hearted grain of salt! Just having some automotive-sociological fun!

P. S. I did search for 'Jeep Wave' in the forum before posting this! But apparently I didn't come across the other 'Bronco Wave' posts and polls that were already out there... I do apologize.

First, there's nothing wrong with the cameraderie formed by the shared enthusiasm of a particular brand or vehicle model.

I actually was a 'waver' for the 4 years I had my Rubicon, and would get upset when other jeepers didn't wave back. I always had motorcycles too, where an outstretched hand for any oncoming two-wheeler is just about mandatory here in Arizona.

The Jeep Wrangler and the 2021 Ford Bronco will no doubt be pitted against one another in every test possible, in every magazine and YouTube channel. They will share a mostly identical fan base, and as everyone can admit, the competition between the two will be epic and yet beneficial to the consumer.

With all of the similarities between these two vehicles and their respective fan bases (I've even seen some Jeep guys here buying Broncos to run along side their Wranglers), do you think the 'Jeep wave' is indeed a 'Jeep thang', or do you believe the wave will naturally migrate to Bronco owners as well? Will Jeep drivers wave to Bronco drivers and vice-versa? Will cats and dogs start living together?

I know it might seem like a silly thing to contemplate, and of course anyone is free to ignore other wavers or to happily Forest Gump wave at anyone they like. But with this Bronco purchase, I'd personally like to (for once) avoid the 'wave guilt/wave obligation' that inherently comes with Jeep ownership.

What do you guys think? Do you want to petition the Jeep community to let Bronco owners into the wave club? Or are you more likely to flip off an oncoming Jeep when they dare misidentify your Bronco's beautiful and stylish front grill for a 7 slot? Or, would you push for a pre-ordaned mandate, to which Bronco owners shall here forth not be subjected to any required waving etiquette nonsense either expressed or implied?

Again just having fun all! This is what happens when you're forced to wait 11 months for your new vehicle adventure to begin...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am almost positive there will be a wave. A lot of cars have waves too other than Jeep. My Vette and WRX I always got waves in from others with same car. Jeep wave up north hurts because you are waving every other car... lol

Rusty Parts

Wildtrak
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please take this post & poll with as a semi-sarcastic/light-hearted grain of salt! Just having some automotive-sociological fun!

First, there's nothing wrong with the cameraderie formed by the shared enthusiasm of a particular brand or vehicle model.

I actually was a 'waver' for the 4 years I had my Rubicon, and would get upset when other jeepers didn't wave back. I always had motorcycles too, where an outstretched hand for any oncoming two-wheeler is just about mandatory here in Arizona.

The Jeep Wrangler and the 2021 Ford Bronco will no doubt be pitted against one another in every test possible, in every magazine and YouTube channel. They will share a mostly identical fan base, and as everyone can admit, the competition between the two will be epic and yet beneficial to the consumer.

With all of the similarities between these two vehicles and their respective fan bases (I've even seen some Jeep guys here buying Broncos to run along side their Wranglers), do you think the 'Jeep wave' is indeed a 'Jeep thang', or do you believe the wave will naturally migrate to Bronco owners as well? Will Jeep drivers wave to Bronco drivers and vice-versa? Will cats and dogs start living together?

I know it might seem like a silly thing to contemplate, and of course anyone is free to ignore other waivers or to happily Forest Gump wave at anyone they like. But with this Bronco purchase, I'd personally like to (for once) avoid the 'wave guilt/wave obligation' that inherently comes with Jeep ownership.

What do you guys think? Do you want to petition the Jeep community to let Bronco owners into the wave club? Or are you more likely to flip off an oncoming Jeep when they dare misidentify your Bronco's beautiful and stylish front grill for a 7 slot? Or, would you push for a pre-ordaned mandate, to which Bronco owners shall here forth not be subjected to any required waving etiquette nonsense either expressed or implied?

Again just having fun all! This is what happens when you're forced to wait 11 months for your new vehicle adventure to begin...
I will wave at both, my grandpa told me that’s just what we do in Texas. I always try and acknowledge LEOs too, they put up with so much crap figure they need to know some are on their side.

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll definitely wave. I have a TJ and love the wave. But I don’t get upset when people don’t wave back and I don’t feel stressed if I miss one. I’m keeping my Jeep so I’ll certainly wave at both while in both. My brain won’t be quick enough to differentiate. Hell I wave at Jeeps when I’m in my wife’s Rogue half the time.

I even started a Rogue wave to mess with my wife and other drivers. I wave as fast as I can with this huge exaggerated smile on my face ?

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll return waves. I don’t usually initiate a wave. Unless it’s someone giving my Escape some room on a trail. ?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My fellow Bronconites, let us not seek out differences between us (far superior) and the Jeepers out there, but let us enjoy and embrace what we have in common....5 full size tires from factory.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll wave to other Bronco owners. I'd wave at a Jeep owner if they waved at me, but otherwise wouldn't initiate one with them (not because of any ill will, they're just different vehicles).

I tried to wave at other Flex owners when I got it as it's a lower seller, but there were/are too many "regular" owners - i.e. people that don't care about the type of vehicle/have camaraderie with owners of the same vehicle.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I prefer the one finger raised salute myself. Ain't nobody got time to be waving.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder which Wave would be suitable as Bronco Wave?

JeepWaves.jpg

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I imagine those who don't wave back are the type to hurry to let themselves into a convenience store and pretend not to see someone else coming.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through this with the Fj. I wave at everyone on the dirt and anyone who waves at me on the pavement. I grew up on a farm and that’s just how we roll. About 80% are cool but the other 20% are grumps. Lot of angry off roaders out there.
Sponsored