Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Like many of you I have owned several Jeeps in my life. The bulk of my time is spent in the Mountains of California in two different towns that are Jeep/RAM-Ford-Chevy Truck land. I'm a huge Jeep/Ram fan myself. Having Jeeps I'm trained to watch for them driving in the opposite direction so naturally I see if folks wave or not and would always wave back as a Jeep owner and I still have a CJ7.

Having my Bronco up here in the mountains for a few weeks now I can say either Jeep owners don't know the difference between the Bronco or Jeep to pull the wave back fast enough OR many Jeep owners are waving at my Bronco. I would like to think its the later. I will gladly wave back because I feel there is an understanding as to why we all enjoy the build/style of the Bronco and Jeep, given they are so similar.

I guess in posting this the only thing I'm curious about on here is how many of you will be waving back at our Jeep friends as I am.
Sponsored

NKovo11

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i have been noticing people in jeeps waving at me too. I always look to see if they notice my bronco and always wondered if they mistook it for a jeep or not. I will say, I live in a smaller city Ohio and there are more and more broncos showing up as we go along........ jeep drivers have been much more "friendly" in the wave department than my fellow bronco owners! lol

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i have been noticing people in jeeps waving at me too. I always look to see if they notice my bronco and always wondered if they mistook it for a jeep or not. I will say, I live in a smaller city Ohio and there are more and more broncos showing up as we go along........ jeep drivers have been much more "friendly" in the wave department than my fellow bronco owners! lol
Seems to me like this generation of Bronco owners aren’t as friendly as the first generation Bronco owners. Not all..just SOME! There are many nice people here, but I figure the Bronco owners who aren’t waving back to ya are the ones who aren’t so polite on here. 😆

I’m part of a classic Bronco forum for my ‘70, and everyone is fantastic there!

Female here 🙋🏻‍♀️ by the way, so please move along if you’ve got nothing nice to say. 😉

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are older threads about this. Do whatever you want, but I think the consensus is that waving is contrived, and jumped the shark when the JL 4 door hit the market. Especially after Jeep published the wave in its marketing materials. Do what makes you feel good. Hi Fallon :)

Sponsored

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are older threads about this. Do whatever you want, but I think the consensus is that waving is contrived, and jumped the shark when the JL 4 door hit the market. Especially after Jeep published the wave in its marketing materials. Do what makes you feel good. Hi Fallon :)
Hello Paul! 👋🏼 👈🏼 That’s the Bronco wave 😆

I don’t care what anyone drives, but if they wave, I wave. It’s simple. But I’m from Texas, and maybe we all just wave? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Lol

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t care what anyone drives, but if they wave, I wave. It’s simple. But I’m from Texas, and maybe we all just wave? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Lol
Nah - you're just not a twat.
If someone waves to me, because of what I am driving, or I let them merge into traffic or whatever. I always wave back

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I made a thread about this months ago - and got ROASTED over the coals.
Apparently Bronco owners dont like waving
Screw 'em. I've owned 3 Jeeps, and I'm not getting a Bronco to be uppity. If I get a Jeep wave, I'll return the favor. If I get a finger instead of a wave from a Jeep owner, I'll just wave back and smile.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like many of you I have owned several Jeeps in my life. The bulk of my time is spent in the Mountains of California in two different towns that are Jeep/RAM-Ford-Chevy Truck land. I'm a huge Jeep/Ram fan myself. Having Jeeps I'm trained to watch for them driving in the opposite direction so naturally I see if folks wave or not and would always wave back as a Jeep owner and I still have a CJ7.

Having my Bronco up here in the mountains for a few weeks now I can say either Jeep owners don't know the difference between the Bronco or Jeep to pull the wave back fast enough OR many Jeep owners are waving at my Bronco. I would like to think its the later. I will gladly wave back because I feel there is an understanding as to why we all enjoy the build/style of the Bronco and Jeep, given they are so similar.

I guess in posting this the only thing I'm curious about on here is how many of you will be waving back at our Jeep friends as I am.
For me.... I dont wave to Jeepers unless they wave 1st and then I'll wave, being polite an all.... If I'm at a light and there is a purpose built Jeep that looks good, I/we usually acknowledge each other with a head nod or point. 👍👍

Broncos I always wave regardless if they are a grocery getter or not.

Bronco Sports, well I just smile knowing I can crush that turd in so many ways.... Lol!!!

Stay friendly...👋👋👋👋

Sponsored

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah - you're just not a twat.
If someone waves to me, because of what I am driving, or I let them merge into traffic or whatever. I always wave back
And that’s how it should be! 🙂

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made a thread about this months ago - and got ROASTED over the coals.
Apparently Bronco owners dont like waving
I don’t think it’s that Bronco owners don’t want to wave, more that there was a trend for a little while around here of trying to create a Bronco specific wave and a form of ducking but specific to Broncos and it all just seemed so contrived and desperate.

I think in reality the Bronco will have its own traditions develop over time so there’s no need to force it.

I also think that most people are generally nice and if someone waves they’ll likely feel a bit special and be inclined to acknowledge.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems to me like this generation of Bronco owners aren’t as friendly as the first generation Bronco owners. Not all..just SOME! There are many nice people here, but I figure the Bronco owners who aren’t waving back to ya are the ones who aren’t so polite on here. 😆

I’m part of a classic Bronco forum for my ‘70, and everyone is fantastic there!

Female here 🙋🏻‍♀️ by the way, so please move along if you’ve got nothing nice to say. 😉
What does you being female have to do with any of this?

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Drive Friendly...

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't believe I'm having to post this again