First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is, none of them want to give up their “allocation” for under sticker I get it. If you haven’t driven a JL I recommend you drive one.
Yeah, I’ll likely go some time this week and see what I think.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmmmm, if only Ford had another engine/transmission combo that was a good match for a Bronco?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmmmm, if only Ford had another engine/transmission combo that was a good match for a Bronco?
Yes, like the easily sourced 5.2 flat plane crank motor.

Sponsored

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this is for real.

Ford is now saying there is a shortage on modular bumpers, 2.3L engine, 10-speed auto and the entire 4x4 system…..

The lady who orders our cars at my dealer has been checking on updates daily. Today, she stumbled on this information. That explains why they cancelled scheduling this week. Who knows how long this will last.

Updated with document:

Here is a pic of the restraints on my bronco.

2021-bronco-constraints-jpeg.jpg
not a date anywhere........ most likely from June

Sasquobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone start a new post about what cars to buy now since the bronco’s a pipe dream…. So 😡

my list-
New bmw i4
Tesla 3
New land rover defender
Anything but a ford

Deleted member 21681

As someone who pushed their order back to MY22 should I expect to take delivery in 2024?
Kind of wondering the same thing. Thinking about maybe considering possibly picking up a ranger or a gladiator or something as a gap ride. I’ve got 107k on my current car (and I’ll put another 10k on it by the end of the year) and the dealer quoted me $11k for it today. Dunno what it will be worth by the time my bronco arrives.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5; 2021 BMW 540i M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Hot off the press… constraints on modular front bumper, 2.3L engine, 10-speed auto transmission and 4x4 system received_381889213283624

This is all they can build now.
We don’t have a dog in this hunt, but became interested in possibility of getting a Bronco someday so started following the forum. I gotta say y’all are some of the funniest people ever! Good luck to all and stay pumped!!😂

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5; 2021 BMW 540i M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Someone start a new post about what cars to buy now since the bronco’s a pipe dream…. So 😡

my list-
New bmw i4
Tesla 3
New land rover defender
Anything but a ford
Add Audi SQ5 to your list. It’s freaking awesome!

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And still the fucking chips! Jeep too now...

Ford Bronco Hot off the press… constraints on modular front bumper, 2.3L engine, 10-speed auto transmission and 4x4 system received_381889213283624

It's hitting every manufacturer hard.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gm-truck-production-canceled-again-161000454.html

GM truck production canceled again due to chip shortage

Aug. 3—Detroit — General Motors Co.'s truck plants will again take a hit to production from the ongoing global chip shortage affecting the auto industry.

The Detroit automaker confirmed Tuesday its heavy-duty Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra truck plant in Flint will go down the week of Aug. 9 along with its light-duty truck plants Silao Assembly in Mexico and Fort Wayne Assembly in Indiana. GM expects all three plants to resume full production Aug. 16.

The downtime at the profit-rich truck plants, which GM has tried to protect all year during the supply constraint, marks a second time regular production at these plants has been hit by the shortage despite GM's efforts to avoid it.

The automaker last week had to cancel production completely at Fort Wayne and Silao and take Flint down to one shift.

GM on Tuesday confirmed it would restart production Aug. 9 at Spring Hill Assembly in Tennessee, where the Cadillac XT5, Cadillac XT6 and GMC Acadia are built, and at Ramos Assembly in Mexico, where the Chevrolet Blazer and Chevrolet Equinox are built. Both plants have been down since July 19.

Meanwhile, Lansing Delta Township Assembly where the Chevrolet Traverse and the Buick Enclave are built will take an additional week of downtime next week instead of resuming production. It has also been down since July 19.

San Luis Potosi Assembly in Mexico and CAMI Assembly in Canada will add two more weeks of downtime: Aug. 23 and Aug. 30.

Both San Luis Potosi, which builds the Equinox and GMC Terrain, and CAMI, which also builds the Equinox, were previously scheduled to resume production Aug. 23 and have been down since July 19.
Sponsored