Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Hot Pepper Red Bronco Raptor teams up with Weld Racing Wheels and Mickey Thompson Tires PXL_20230714_135406953

I present you my new daily all around tire setup that I plan to use along with future long distance travel adventures. At some point I will buy some M/T tractor tires for local stuff most likely 38 spec, but until then we have this. I used my racing background with selecting these company's and knowing their products. Once you dive into the details which I will provide a bunch of, its next level stuff. I now have a even more capable Raptor that is still in factory spec with no additional suspension changes for now. The following is the spec list of what I used to accomplish this.

Weld Racing Wheels - Cinch 17x9 0 offset - these are drilled for both 139 and 135 patterns. Weight 23.8 lbs
Micky Thompson - MT Baja AT D spec 37x12.50x17 Weight 82 lbs
ZHTEAPR - 4pcs Wheel Hub Centric Rings 87.1 to 106 Aluminum Alloy Wheel Hubrings
Gorilla Automotive - Spline Lug Nuts K8TS-14150BGR 8Lug 14-1.50 Spline (32 Pack) (Raptor has larger studs)

This combo is dead the same on width as running the factory wheels and BFG tires with 1.5" spacers, I removed those spacers now. These new MTs are measured at 36.7, but they are a much bigger tire, the tread footprint even though its still a 12.5 is almost 2" wider than the BFG KO2.

I did some measurements at my steps before and after and the result is 3/4" gain in height / clearance! As far as combined weight the factory OEM wheel with the BFG KO2 comes in at 98 lbs, this new combo combined weight is 105.4 lbs. That is only a 7.4 lb gain. My wheel spacers were 3.5 lbs per corner so in the end its +3.9 lbs, much lighter wheel with a bit heavier tire and almost zeroed it out.

Now for the rest of the pictures:

Ford Bronco Hot Pepper Red Bronco Raptor teams up with Weld Racing Wheels and Mickey Thompson Tires PXL_20230714_134858439

Ford Bronco Hot Pepper Red Bronco Raptor teams up with Weld Racing Wheels and Mickey Thompson Tires PXL_20230714_135250259

Ford Bronco Hot Pepper Red Bronco Raptor teams up with Weld Racing Wheels and Mickey Thompson Tires PXL_20230714_135018303

Ford Bronco Hot Pepper Red Bronco Raptor teams up with Weld Racing Wheels and Mickey Thompson Tires PXL_20230714_130905277

I would like to thank Weld Racing, Mickey Thompson, and Discount Tire for this great combo along with the rest of the B6G community providing ideas.
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Hot Pepper Red Bronco Raptor teams up with Weld Racing Wheels and Mickey Thompson Tires PXL_20230714_130905277

I present you my new daily all around tire setup that I plan to use along with future long distance travel adventures. At some point I will buy some M/T tractor tires for local stuff most likely 38 spec, but until then we have this. I used my racing background with selecting these company's and knowing their products. Once you dive into the details which I will provide a bunch of, its next level stuff. I now have a even more capable Raptor that is still in factory spec with no additional suspension changes for now. The following is the spec list of what I used to accomplish this.

Weld Racing Wheels - Cinch 17x9 0 offset - these are drilled for both 139 and 135 patterns. Weight 23.8 lbs
ZHTEAPR - 4pcs Wheel Hub Centric Rings 87.1 to 106 Aluminum Alloy Wheel Hubrings
Gorilla Automotive - Spline Lug Nuts K8TS-14150BGR 8Lug 14-1.50 Spline (32 Pack) (Raptor has larger studs)

This combo is dead the same on width as running the factory wheels and BFG tires with 1.5" spacers, I removed those spacers now. These new MTs are measured at 36.7, but they are a much bigger tire, the tread footprint even though its still a 12.5 is almost 2" wider than the BFG KO2.

I did some measurements at my steps before and after and the result is 3/4" gain in height / clearance! As far as combined weight the factory OEM wheel with the BFG KO2 comes in at 98 lbs, this new combo combined weight is 105.4 lbs. That is only a 7.4 lb gain. My wheel spacers were 3.5 lbs per corner so in the end its +3.9 lbs, much lighter wheel with a bit heavier tire and almost zeroed it out.

I would like to thank Weld Racing, Mickey Thompson, and Discount Tire for this great combo along with the rest of the B6G community providing ideas.
Amazing set up! A very clean, capable looking rig! Thank you for the shout out!

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love it! I had that color selected but wasn't sure and switched to black last second...now that I have seen a few love it!

Great build! Yes, the BFG's are small. I'm running 37" Nitto's and they dwarf BFG 37's.

OP
OP
vrtical

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Love it! I had that color selected but wasn't sure and switched to black last second...now that I have seen a few love it!

Great build! Yes, the BFG's are small. I'm running 37" Nitto's and they dwarf BFG 37's.
I was really torn between either these Mickeys or the Nitto Recon Grappler fan of both companies, those were my last two options to pick from. Vaughn Gittin said the Recons they put on their Raptor really made a huge difference specially in muddier terrain which is where I live. In the end I think I got just as good of a tire maybe better and I was able to save some money going with the Mickeys.

Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the end I think I got just as good of a tire maybe better and I was able to save some money going with the Mickeys.
One of our guys here at the shop is running the same 37" Mickey's you're running only on a Super Duty and loves them, good looking tire! I almost put those on but my wife said, "I want chunky tires" and picked the Nitto mud terrains lol.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice setup. I run the Cooper Discoverer 37x12.5x17 On my Rhinos. Have not weighed the setup yet, but I love those tires.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dig it! I have the some tires on a set of method wheels. They have been super for a year. Did great on the snow.

Mine isn't a raptor, I tried to get gorilla lug nuts but they were wrong both orders. I finally gave up and used a set @Discount Tire gave me. They did a great job with my install too. All my TPMS and spacers were just right!

Have a great day dude! Nice Raptor! (I F'ng LOVED playing with the exhaust settings when I got to drive one)

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Always loved the sidewall of MT tires and dick cepek tires ( use to have that DC integrated on the side )for some reason..

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally. Looking great. How is the on road noise?

Sponsored
OP
OP
vrtical

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Finally. Looking great. How is the on road noise?
I run in sport mode exhaust not really noticable out on a long drive today. MPG took a hit as expected about 1.5 less.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Can't believe I missed this when you posted. They look fantastic!

Weld Racing Wheels - Cinch 17x9 0 offset - these are drilled for both 139 and 135 patterns.
How exactly did they do this since the patterns are so close? Is each hole slightly larger or is there some other magic? I zoomed in on the spare, but couldn't really tell.

I'd love to do the same to my Black Rhino Primm's and run them on either our 2 Door or our Raptor.

OP
OP
vrtical

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How exactly did they do this since the patterns are so close? Is each hole slightly larger or is there some other magic? I zoomed in on the spare, but couldn't really tell.

I'd love to do the same to my Black Rhino Primm's and run them on either our 2 Door or our Raptor.
Ford Bronco Hot Pepper Red Bronco Raptor teams up with Weld Racing Wheels and Mickey Thompson Tires PXL_20230726_170641681

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
😮

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not what I expected, but makes more sense now. Thought they were already modified in the original pic and couldn't figure out how that was working. Thanks for the pic!
Sponsored