Sponsored

Hot Pepper Red Same as Jeep Copperhead Metallic?

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to compare a Bronco to a Jeep, but I used to own a 2014 Jeep Rubicon in Copperhead Metallic, and looking back over the colors of vehicles I have owned I think it is my favorite color.

Fast forward to couple of weeks ago I saw my first Bronco in Hot Pepper Red and it really reminded me of the copper jeep. Does anyone else know what I mean? Very cool color in person and it has me thinking about ordering that color when I go to place my 2025 Bronco order!

bronco-copper2.jpg

jeep-copper1a.jpg

jeep-copper2.jpg

bronco-copper.jpg

jeep-copper3.jpg
Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I know is every time I see HPR I regret not holding out for one :love:

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve had my HPR since January 2022 and love the color. The HPR is more red and vibrant than the copperhead metallic but I see what you mean in terms of similarities. Take an HPR on the trail and have it covered in dirt then itā€™ll definitely look like copperhead metallic šŸ˜

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont think they look that much alike. I debated between HPR and VB. Ended up with blue since I got a black diamond and the interior has blue accents. HPR is a beautiful color in the sun.

Sponsored

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Hot Pepper Red is on my '23 BB Sas, and I've growth to love it and have gotten many compliments. When clean, it looks incredible in the sun against the black wheels and accents. My first choice was Rapid Red but that color was discontinued after the '21 model year. The HPR looks different based on lighting. In some cases, it looks Orange, in others a purer red. But I love it now and am glad I ordered it.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRƉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ƉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good choice
TRACKTOY
Ford Bronco Hot Pepper Red Same as Jeep Copperhead Metallic? RIMG8103.JPG

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

HPR is next level in the sun.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to compare a Bronco to a Jeep, but I used to own a 2014 Jeep Rubicon in Copperhead Metallic, and looking back over the colors of vehicles I have owned I think it is my favorite color.

Fast forward to couple of weeks ago I saw my first Bronco in Hot Pepper Red and it really reminded me of the copper jeep. Does anyone else know what I mean? Very cool color in person and it has me thinking about ordering that color when I go to place my 2025 Bronco order!

You'll want to checkout HPR in person, and in different lightings if possible. Lighting can have a larger than usual impact on this color perception. I've seen it look kind of a popping reddish or starburst orangish when exposed to different angles of direct sun.

But a local guy who parks his in the shade of his driveway later in the day, it looks kind of a decidedly non-popping burnt orangish. I first saw his Bronco and did a double take, thinking it was some new color or wrap. Basically it's a tricky color, lol.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I know that Jeep color and have the HPR - the Jeep color is much browner; HPR is much redder.
Not a day goes by that someone says ā€œman, thatā€™s a great colorā€.
Love it!

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others have said, lighting makes a difference with the HPR. Not mentioned is how different it looks on camera vs with your eyes. I have a kinda crappy, new-ish Motorola cell phone and my wife has the new-fangled iPhone and the color differences between the two phones taking the same picture is kinda of remarkable. Sometimes it's a nice red, others a burnt orange. Mine hasn't gotten dirty yet (I've only had it 2 weeks), but the dirtier/dustier ones come across a bit more copper-like.

I think this color is one that will benefit from a high-quality ceramic coating...I think it'll give the color a lot of depth.

My Bronc 2.jpg

My Bronc.jpg
Sponsored