Sponsored

How can the 2-door be a limiting factor for MY21?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly think it's due to the simple fact that they have fewer 2 door Bronco supplies compared to 4 door (which is intended since general sales of a 2 door vs 4 door truck are much lower). Probably just are covering their butt's in case more enthusiasts this year opt for the 2 door than expected, but I really don't see it being much of an issue. Order what you want!
This! Good advice

I'd say Ford probably used Jeep sales to have a guess where'd they be on 2 door sales. How many 2 door Jeeps do you see? I'd probably never buy a 2 door Jeep but I'm absolutely buying a 2 door Bronco. I guess we're a fickle bunch.
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Outside of a few trim pieces I can’t think of what the differences are between the 2 and 4. What other general items are you thinking?
Edit to add: yes I know the door is longer, hence the trim pieces.
Pretty much the entire interior from the dash back to the rear access gate changes, the roll cage and all the trim that attaches to it, the tops, any wiring, fuel lines, brake lines that run from the front to the back, the fuel tank itself, driveshaft, frame, floor pan, the doors themselves and all the pieces that go into them, the body and its various attaching parts etc. It's hundreds if not several hundred big and little components that differ going from one to the other.

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. Outside of a few trim pieces I can’t think of what the differences are between the 2 and 4. What other general items are you thinking?
Body tub, frame, drive shaft, roll bars, rear seats, rear quarters, front doors, wiring harness, brake lines, fuel lines, gas tanks are different size.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much the entire interior from the dash back to the rear access gate changes, the roll cage and all the trim that attaches to it, the tops, any wiring, fuel lines, brake lines that run from the front to the back, the fuel tank itself, driveshaft, etc. It's hundreds if not several hundred big and little components that differ going from one to the other.
You beat me to hitting enter!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be wrong but I thought the front panels and rear clamshell were the same and the difference was in the middle panel.
Not sure where you got that impression. Not sure exact dimensions on the front, but the rear clamshell is absolutely different.

Ford Bronco How can the 2-door be a limiting factor for MY21? 2021 Bronco 2 Door Towing Trailer 1
Ford Bronco How can the 2-door be a limiting factor for MY21? Cactus Gray 2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch MIC Hardtop 1

I bet there is also a problem with the delay with the hard tops. They are being produced by Webasto and their plant they were building got heavily delayed when COVID jammed everything up.

2-door only comes with a hard top... 4-door can be optioned with the soft top.... so any delay in hard tops delays only some 4-doors but every single 2-door

That's why we're only seeing leaks from the factory right now of vehicles with soft tops and vehicles with no tops.... no hard tops available right now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Atomicdog

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty much the entire interior from the dash back to the rear access gate changes, the roll cage and all the trim that attaches to it, the tops, any wiring, fuel lines, brake lines that run from the front to the back, the fuel tank itself, driveshaft, etc. It's hundreds if not several hundred little components that differ going from one to the other.
I didn’t think about the fuel tank or driveshaft. I don’t think they have storage units of general wiring and brake lines, I assume they are made/bent closer to production but that’s just my guess.

OP
OP
Atomicdog

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure where you got that impression. Not sure exact dimensions on the front, but the rear clamshell is absolutely different.

Ford Bronco How can the 2-door be a limiting factor for MY21? Cactus Gray 2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch MIC Hardtop 1

I bet there is also a problem with the delay with the hard tops. They are being produced by Webasto and their plant they were building got heavily delayed when COVID jammed everything up.

2-door only comes with a hard top... 4-door can be optioned with the soft top.... so any delay in hard tops delays only some 4-doors but every single 2-door

That's why we're only seeing leaks right now of vehicles with soft tops and vehicles with no tops.... no hard tops available right now.
Thanks, that is a perfect illustration. I don’t know why I thought that. I haven’t spent any time looking into 4-doors or their specs.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That's why we're only seeing leaks from the factory right now of vehicles with soft tops and vehicles with no tops.... no hard tops available right now.
This has been a moment of clarity for me. I'm all in on 2 door and always have been. My thought was that a 2 door without the rear seats installed (mine will be pulled ASAP) would actually have more cargo room behind the front seats than a 4 door will behind the rear seats, this really shows it.

For some reason I was thinking the rear tub area was the same but it's clearly shorter on 4 door.

Sponsored

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Frame, drive shafts, flooring, seats, roll cage, fuel lines, brake lines, lighting wires...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been a moment of clarity for me. I'm all in on 2 door and always have been. My thought was that a 2 door without the rear seats installed (mine will be pulled ASAP) would actually have more cargo room behind the front seats than a 4 door will behind the rear seats, this really shows it.

For some reason I was thinking the rear tub area was the same but it's clearly shorter on 4 door.
I'm not entirely following you, so I'm not sure whether your assessment is correct.

I would make sure you refer to both the published and measured distances from the back of the front seats to the rear gate on both the 2 and 4 doors.

Obviously the 4-door is longer, but where that length is matters. The rear seats are also mounted in different places depending on the number of doors... in front of the rear wheels in the case of the 4, and in-between the rear wheels in the case of the 2.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not entirely following you, so I'm not sure whether your assessment is correct.

I would make sure you refer to both the published and measured distances from the back of the front seats to the rear gate on both the 2 and 4 doors.

Obviously the 4-door is longer, but where that length is matters. The rear seats are also mounted in different places depending on the number of doors... in front of the rear wheels in the case of the 4, and in-between the rear wheels in the case of the 2.
Length: Behind Driver's seat of 2-door, without rear seats in > behind rear seats of 4-door

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Length: Behind Driver's seat of 2-door, without rear seats in > behind rear seats of 4-door
Ah yes! Got it. Yes. Correct. That is correct. Yes. Absolutely. Right. Correct. Nailed it.
Sponsored