Sponsored

How can the 2-door be a limiting factor for MY21?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not entirely following you, so I'm not sure whether your assessment is correct.

I would make sure you refer to both the published and measured distances from the back of the front seats to the rear gate on both the 2 and 4 doors.

Obviously the 4-door is longer, but where that length is matters. The rear seats are also mounted in different places depending on the number of doors... in front of the rear wheels in the case of the 4, and in-between the rear wheels in the case of the 2.
Yea, I'm with ya. I'm saying there seems to be more length from the back of the FRONT seats on 2 door vs. from behind the REAR seats on 4 door to the gate.

On the 4 door the rear seats are FWD of the shorter cargo area but on the 2 door the rear seats are IN the cargo area.

I really need to see some measurements. Close as I've come is the thread comparing a 2 door to an older Bronco. Cargo volume measurements on Ford's site hasn't helped.

Any good links to actual measurements would be super helpful.

At the end of the day I'm buying a 2 door and pulling the seats. I BELIEVE that will actually give the dogs more room than they would have behind the rear seats of a 4 door.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know “COVID” is an excuse for everything these days but come on man!
Order banks opened on July 13th and they had had 30-35% of reservations in the first 3 days. That’s a high enough sample to determine the take rate of the 2-door. Over 6 months later and production models aren’t rolling off the line yet, they had plenty of time to adjust production. Out of all the poor decisions they made for this debut this is the one that I can’t find an excuse for.
They are planning on making way more 4DRs then 2DRs

OP
OP
Atomicdog

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea, I'm with ya. I'm saying there seems to be more length from the back of the FRONT seats on 2 door vs. from behind the REAR seats on 4 door to the gate.

On the 4 door the rear seats are FWD of the shorter cargo area but on the 2 door the rear seats are IN the cargo area.

I really need to see some measurements. Close as I've come is the thread comparing a 2 door to an older Bronco. Cargo volume measurements on Ford's site hasn't helped.

At the end of the day I'm buying a 2 door and pulling the seats. I BELIEVE that will actually give the dogs more room than they would have behind the rear seats of a 4 door.
My rear seats are coming out a few weeks after delivery. I don’t have the time to give rides to all the jealous friends and neighbors one at a time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Brake lines, drive shaft, doors/seals, front and rear roof/windows, probably wiring harness to rear speakers (and different harness for doors/windows.

Ford is playing the long-game. 2-Door initial enthusiast buyers will have to wait a bit, but like many have said -MY22 will catch things up.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They came up with a way to offer a 4D version back in the middle-ages. It was developed and has been used for hundreds of years, since Al Gore and Abe Lincoln invented the automobile (ever wonder where they came up with the "Lincoln", duh). It's called a "rack" and they put a 2D in the rack, then apply constant, even, pressure. If done right, it essentially stretches all of the panels from 2D to 4D and then you just install a rear seat. Pretty simple.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s this for the 4-door

Rear cargo room on the 4-door was measured by a forum member (Aman?) during the NYSE event.

Im away from my computer and don’t have the measurements on hand.

Ford Bronco How can the 2-door be a limiting factor for MY21? 815DC01E-A151-49F6-B59E-59C86EFE1295

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My rear seats are coming out a few weeks after delivery. I don’t have the time to give rides to all the jealous friends and neighbors one at a time. ?
Only "people" I'm giving rides to are my furry people, other kids have their own cars!!!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s this for the 4-door

Rear cargo room on the 4-door was measured by a forum member (Aman?) during the NYSE event.

Im away from my computer and don’t have the measurements on hand.

Ford Bronco How can the 2-door be a limiting factor for MY21? 815DC01E-A151-49F6-B59E-59C86EFE1295
Thanks, I can sleep in the back of my GC (I'm 5'10" and fit perfectly). That's something I'll miss with the 2 door Bronco but I'm willing to give it up. I usually spend about 5ish nights in there, I'll just have to figure something else out.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because supply chain constraints mean they can’t match the take rate of the 2-door in production this year.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Interesting. Outside of a few trim pieces I can’t think of what the differences are between the 2 and 4. What other general items are you thinking?
Edit to add: yes I know the door is longer, hence the trim pieces.
Just the basic four parts really.

1. The entire box frame
  2. rear seats, all associated brackets and hardware, trim, carpeting, including seatbelt mounting
  3. All interior trim from the dasboard back, excluding armrest/console
  4. carpet
  5. flooring
  6. doors, including all associated gaskets
  7. interior door skins and all associated parts including structure/lift points
  8. the entire vehicle wiring harness
  9. drive shafts and driveline components, including all associated brackets, vibration isolation and hardware
  10. fuel tank and associated component protection
  11. all associated fuel/coolant lines, plus hardware, brackets and components
  12. Boron steel "sports bars"
  13. entire top including all associated gaskets
  14. All associated crash testing and NHTSA certifications
  15. All sheet metal for the entire vehicle excluding front fenders tailgate and hood. (Including floor pan)

Okay, we're getting down on the parts list here. It doesn't exactly take a rocket surgeon to go down the parts list and see that there is SUBSTANTIAL component changes to manufacture multiple body configurations.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrangler right now I think is less than 10% 2 dr. I want to say 9% last I saw.

The early bronco orders being tracked on this are what 40%? No manufacture would ever tool up for that % of 2 dr with the competition only doing a 1/4 of that volume. The 2dr take rate will be unsustainable in the long haul and will drop closer to Wrangler.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably a part delay that's specific to the 2DR. Maybe the top, door trim, or that mysterious bottle opener?
2 Door does not have the bottle opener, only the 4 door.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know “COVID” is an excuse for everything these days but come on man!
Order banks opened on July 13th and they had had 30-35% of reservations in the first 3 days. That’s a high enough sample to determine the take rate of the 2-door. Over 6 months later and production models aren’t rolling off the line yet, they had plenty of time to adjust production. Out of all the poor decisions they made for this debut this is the one that I can’t find an excuse for.
What is this thread based on? Did Ford announce a delay or limit on producing 2 doors for 2021? Link?
Sponsored