Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep you got me. I (and countless others) have just been here on the forum lying about not having a Bronco yet after reserving 9/20 (or earlier) and ordering every time the banks have opened.

I'll one up you. I haven't even ordered a Bronco, but I love misery, so I pretend that I did.
Sponsored

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
They all reserved with Granger. I didnā€™t which is why I have had mine since October.

**runs and hides**
Can you explain this Granger debacle to me? I've seen to many posts about it.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it time for another one of these posts again? Didn't we just have one last month? They are usually once a quarter.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I am sitting on one of those week one reservations and still waiting. You apparently got little dealers getting screwed and ones with lots of orders like Granger getting screwed. I converted to order and rolled over to MY22 pretty much as soon as available.

I did order a second bronco late November of 21 at a different dealer than my first and that Bronco was built a month ago but doesn't seem to want to get on a truck to my dealer.

What the two dealers say which differ may be telling. Dealer one says they can't have a written sales agreement without a VIN and won't commit. Dealer two generated a written sales agreement when I placed the order and said they needed to send to ford to verify it as a sale. Dealer one says there is no need and won't even make those steps. The bronco from dealer 2 is the that got built but I admit that second order is a base with only it being 2 door and hard top as constraint. The other order has that plus manual and squach as constraints. I am afraid dealer one will suddenly ask for big ADM when it finally gets built.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You tell me...wife has day one res and used it for raptor. There has been two or three raptor build weeks announced and she still has no build date. So if itā€™s happening even as recently as raptor release I have no doubt day one res and day one orderers are still waiting.

Sponsored

m1chaelmoore

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe Iā€™m missing something, but how could people REALLY have first week Res and no Bronco? Are they lying? Have they not converted to an order? Did they dealership just sell it and not tell them? With so many people (me being one) get a Bronco 4 months after walk in order, they have to be full of crapā€¦.
you are clearly missing something. most likely brain cells.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you explain this Granger debacle to me? I've seen to many posts about it.
Back when Ford had stated that reservations were to be built in order of timestamp it was assumed that dealership allocations would not be a factor. Granger Ford, a smaller dealer from Iowa, made a business decision to accumulate as may Bronco orders as possible by offering a below invoice pricing model. In doing so, they were able to accumulate around 1500 reservations. Shortly thereafter, large dealerships complained to Ford that Granger had to many orders and were stealing their business. Ford then decided to put forth an allocation formula that, while not necessary penalized Granger, didn't exactly favor them and all their orders. Ford again modified the formula for MY22 that further hindered Granger from fulfilling all their orders. As such, it is speculated that it will take a number of years for Granger to clear their backlog of orders.

Now, there are a couple of different outlooks on the forum regarding this situation, 1. Granger customers got screwed by Ford, and 2. Granger customers should have known better. It tends to be a very polarizing topic.

It should also be noted that Albert (God rest his soul) at Granger Ford was an early and invaluable contributor to the forum and provided an abundance of information regarding the Bronco and ordering. Zach, the owner of Granger, has since taken up that mantle and continues to provide insight on the ordering process.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My brother reserved the same day (day 2), same dealer, and same build other than I had a soft top. I was built in October 2021 and he still doesn't have a build date. I believe it's the MIC top.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So on an open forum no one can ask questions? Noted.
Youā€™re purposefully exaggerating. They clearly never said you canā€™t ask questions. You, on the other hand, pretty clearly assumed their values and went on a multi-paragraph tirade about those assumed values.

Be excellent to each other.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow... Granger has more pull than I thought they did. I didn't realize they had 10,000+ reservations and live in the minds of every Bronco order holder. Well done @Zach@Granger!
We're actually down to only 888 that need to have a Vin assigned now. :)

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe Iā€™m missing something, but how could people REALLY have first week Res and no Bronco? Are they lying? Have they not converted to an order? Did they dealership just sell it and not tell them? With so many people (me being one) get a Bronco 4 months after walk in order, they have to be full of crapā€¦.
Yeah, what are these suckas waiting for or lying about? Maybe some are not in a rush? Waiting for the production process learning curve to be smoothed out? Waiting for preferred parts like modular tops, Mic tops, tow package and CHIPS?

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just got my production week, 7/15/20, <72 hours, res... and I leapfrogged about 50 people with earlier res's at Stephens, only constraints I had were 2-door and 4A which worked in my favor. I feel a twinge of guilt but damn my current daily is holding on by a thread so it's a God send for me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.