First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Biggest regret I made was ordering at a small dealer because they actually took some time to get to know me, should of just went to the local Autonation that turns out countless broncos every month.
Ford doesn't care about its small dealers or consumers, just the churn and burn dealers
Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the Granger formula, not the dealership failed. From what I have seen here, Zach, and others there are really good. They had this idea to sell broncos BELOW MSRP and so tons of people ordered there. Granger should have known taking hundreds of orders for the hottest truck would be problematic. And fulfilling all of those orders even harder. Especially for a small dealer. But many went with the discount. TBH, I bet a lot of those reservation holders wish they had just found a place that would do MSRP.
Part Granger formula, but mostly Ford not telling all their dealerships that there would be allocations based on their total volume. My dealer is a friend and he kept me informed about all the communications from Ford and that they NEVER told dealers there would be allocations until all the crap had hit the fan. I really do not think @Zach@Granger or SAC would have allowed that many reservations if they had known.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I’m missing something, but how could people REALLY have first week Res and no Bronco? Are they lying? Have they not converted to an order? Did they dealership just sell it and not tell them? With so many people (me being one) get a Bronco 4 months after walk in order, they have to be full of crap….
When the order banks first opened 1/21 it was said that it would be advantageous to order by 3/19/21. Res numbers were supposed to be important as well as allocations. All manufacturers use allocations so that big dealers can't monopolize sales. I was a 7/13 res and 3/12 order. Ordered from a small dealer with an allocation of six and received mine 11/2. Would have been quicker if not for a stay on dirt mountain and almost a month in railyard waiting for a truck load. How many also 99'nd their orders purposely waiting for a '22? I think the op has a valid question.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or did small dealers with a lower allocation trying to game the system and sell Broncos all over the Country get told Not so fast by Ford. At this point if you didnt reserve at a different dealer with better allocation knowing that for months it's on you.
"Game the system" ? Really? it is called capitalism.

You have to ask yourself how they can compete "all over the country" when people have to go to where ever and come back from where ever (or ship) to get and bring their Bronco home.

The big dealers convinced Ford to game the system so they don't have to compete. That is on Ford.

Least you forget, the "rules" changed multiple times.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the Granger formula, not the dealership failed. From what I have seen here, Zach, and others there are really good. They had this idea to sell broncos BELOW MSRP and so tons of people ordered there. Granger should have known taking hundreds of orders for the hottest truck would be problematic. And fulfilling all of those orders even harder. Especially for a small dealer. But many went with the discount. TBH, I bet a lot of those reservation holders wish they had just found a place that would do MSRP.
So a business shouldn't operate under the parameters given by FoMoCo and find as many buyers as the can? Sounds like you're against the free market and letting the market dictate the conditions of a deal/where to purchase. If Ford sells these to the dealership, why would FoMoCo care which dealership gets what? They already have the vehicle sold to a dealership, why should they care what dealership a vehicle ends up at? Geographical saturation? LOL, Granger/SAC/Horsham will saturate more regions of the USA, than Iowa, W. Virginia, and Philly.

FoMoCo screwed this all up from the jump. Dealerships knew what the formula was, then when certain things didn't fall a certain way for certain dealership... well, the squeaky wheel got lubed! Every dealer could've did what Granger/SAC/Texas buy group/Horsham-Dealerinsider did, but the dealers that didn't also knew they probably were going to ADM the hell out of these, so they played their hand too. It's their right to operate their business as they see fit. If ADM was the route they chose, then that's picking a lane. A buyer should know this upfront, but many dealers wouldn't disclose pricing way back in 2020.

That is the crux of the problem with Ford and their dealers. Transparency in pricing. Many buyers gravitated to open transparency of pricing, whether it was below invoice, invoice, MSRP, $500 below MSRP, or honoring Xplan (remember those threads? LOL) it didn't matter. The dealers who were upfront with their pricing attracted reservations/buyers. The dealers that didn't screamed when they didn't get the volume of reservations they thought they should have, then the allocation formula started changing.

This really isn't that hard to understand. Don't take sides. Support the dealer of your choice, if they stuck to the deal agreed upon. If not, run them through the wringer. Surprise ADM should be where everyone focuses their "anger", not dealerships who honor their deal.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Part Granger formula, but mostly Ford not telling all their dealerships that there would be allocations based on their total volume. My dealer is a friend and he kept me informed about all the communications from Ford and that they NEVER told dealers there would be allocations until all the crap had hit the fan. I really do not think @Zach@Granger or SAC would have allowed that many reservations if they had known.
I respectfully disagree with "mostly." They were (Granger) trying to lure as many Bronco orders as possible with below market value pricing, and this was a bigger factor than Fords allocation system. If buyers from all over didn't swamp them, If they had an average number of reservations, a much higher percentage of order holders there would actually have their broncos.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So a business shouldn't operate under the parameters given by FoMoCo and find as many buyers as the can? Sounds like you're against the free market and letting the market dictate the conditions of a deal/where to purchase. If Ford sells these to the dealership, why would FoMoCo care which dealership gets what? They already have the vehicle sold to a dealership, why should they care what dealership a vehicle ends up at? Geographical saturation? LOL, Granger/SAC/Horsham will saturate more regions of the USA, than Iowa, W. Virginia, and Philly.

FoMoCo screwed this all up from the jump. Dealerships knew what the formula was, then when certain things didn't fall a certain way for certain dealership... well, the squeaky wheel got lubed! Every dealer could've did what Granger/SAC/Texas buy group/Horsham-Dealerinsider did, but the dealers that didn't also knew they probably were going to ADM the hell out of these, so they played their hand too. It's their right to operate their business as they see fit. If ADM was the route they chose, then that's picking a lane. A buyer should know this upfront, but many dealers wouldn't disclose pricing way back in 2020.

That is the crux of the problem with Ford and their dealers. Transparency in pricing. Many buyers gravitated to open transparency of pricing, whether it was below invoice, invoice, MSRP, $500 below MSRP, or honoring Xplan (remember those threads? LOL) it didn't matter. The dealers who were upfront with their pricing attracted reservations/buyers. The dealers that didn't screamed when they didn't get the volume of reservations they thought they should have, then the allocation formula started changing.

This really isn't that hard to understand. Don't take sides. Support the dealer of your choice, if they stuck to the deal agreed upon. If not, run them through the wringer. Surprise ADM should be where everyone focuses their "anger", not dealerships who honor their deal.
You are putting words in my mouth. Show me please where I say these things. You have no idea what my convictions are. Please don't make up what mine are on a public forum.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
because reservation time stamp hasn't meant anything in over a year

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know it's a whole different animal... but I preordered/reserved the new Acura Integra. I was a "day one" res holder for that. I kind of "learned my lesson" with the Bronco and tried to anticipate issues with the Integra.

So far, from what I've seen online, Acura is just building them... according to reservation timestamp, and there's no particular "allocation" for individual dealers. I get that it's a way lower volume and less in-demand vehicle than the Bronco... but there's really no reason the process shouldn't have worked that way with Ford. Sigh.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved at a small dealership. I have removed constraints until I am unhappy, convinced that it would help and just wait and wait and wait.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe I’m missing something, but how could people REALLY have first week Res and no Bronco? Are they lying? Have they not converted to an order? Did they dealership just sell it and not tell them? With so many people (me being one) get a Bronco 4 months after walk in order, they have to be full of crap….
A lot us us wtd 500 to 600 days. So not everyone got theirs quickly, if at all.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. 7/19/2020, and nothing. Yeah, there needs to be a dedicated list of who "messed up" their process by changing configurations, or waiting late, or just not getting e-mails or showing up on the website.

And we should see when their orders actually come in, and the data would show at least parts of what's happening.

My guess is anyone with like Badlands/WT or a Lux package will be stuck in limbo until the parts situation is semi-dealt with. This is even if they had a normal week 1 order and did everything right.

What I don't understand is why they won't push the expensive builds through, if they really wanted to screw over their customers for money they're losing res holders with each week that passes by.
I dunno, man. I converted a reservation to an order for the first time in December '21. Badlands Lux w/ the 2.7. I've had it a week now. It's soft top, so that probably helped.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are putting words in my mouth. Show me please where I say these things. You have no idea what my convictions are. Please don't make up what mine are on a public forum.
So on an open forum no one can ask questions? Noted.

Yeah, I'm sure we're all just looking around trying to find some person name "Roll Sound" to tarnish his image/belief system.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's sad I would think it would be less parts not more for the 2 doors in else Ford is lying about the hard top. Hope you can get to the bottom of this for us.
It's way above my pay grade but looking at the differences between 2 and 4 D it can only be cab, frame, doors, wiring, carpet, top, maybe some drive line. I know that sounds like basically everything but likely just one or two things. If I had a ton of time I could go through the parts system to see if they've got inventory on the doors and some of the interior stuff. If they did, it likely means those aren't a constraint.

LQDCRJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 4X4 NOW, 1990 FORD BRONCO BEFORE THAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/19 RES AND STILL NO BRONCO. I DID NOT WANT A SOFT TOP. IT LOOKS HORRIBLE. ORDERED CG SQUATCHED BADLANDS WITH HIGH PACKAGE
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.