First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know how to use the GOAT MODE right?
Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Follow the money.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€˜t underestimate the power of gumbo!!! Mud, not the New Orleans dishā€¦.. I can tell from the pics thatā€™s not what the OP was dealing withā€¦.

Iā€™ve been stuck a couple of times in what seemed like a 1/2ā€ of mudā€¦. It started out 1/2ā€ deep on the road, then became 1ā€, then 2ā€, then 3ā€ thick on the tires, eventually filled up all the space to the wheel wells. This was with new mud tires and a heavy truck. Of course this was Montana gumbo mud in late November after a few warm days. Happened on the same road a couple of years in a row. We wereā€™t too smart! We had to chain up since trying to spin the tires when youā€™re on a slight sidehill isnā€™t wise and was causing us to slide off the two track into the even deeper mud off the road.

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been in much deeper mud than that, both at low speed and completely stopped, and had no issues. Not the best tires, but not that poor. Something else is going on in your situation.

Sponsored

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OEM tires are always junk IMPO.

My guess per your question: low weight & cost.
For sure weight, which is making them easier to blow, been there done that, on the trail already .

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not a really a rant just a personal disappointment. I donā€™t get to spend too much time off roading so I donā€™t have tons of experience but today I did get the Bronco out in some fields/trails and sadly got stuck in a half inch of mud. Props to the design of the Bronco from a recovery standpoint but very disappointed by the mud tires on the Sasquatch package. I had heard mediocre things when it was first discussed Goodyear was spending a ton of money to get picked up by OEMā€™s to supply tires for vehicles but I didnā€™t expect them to be this poor performing, granted they really do appear built for being a jack of all trades and master of none.

Itā€™s not a shaming thing at all just was sadly surprised to have ended up in that situation. I feel like having better tires would have suited the Broncos capabilities more and I wouldnā€™t have wound up stuck. Things happen, not upset. I get to learn the way thatā€™s best for me anyways.

5226B23E-5250-4F90-975A-991989EC33B5.jpeg
these tires suck for a lot of reasons , but getting stuck in a half inch of mud is operator error.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You got stuck, had to be pulled out, and didnā€™t take a picture?

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one on loan from Ford for an experience program. Great truck!

8E45F2CF-C6AE-43C0-A051-4F8498B81F69.jpeg
Wow--talk about friends in high places! I can't get a 1-day loaner from my dealer.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inevitably between reverse and forward there is some vehicle movement even it is going back between forward reverse in the little bit (usually without spinning wheels) one can slowly work up momentum to get out of whatever hole and momentum is key to moving. The trick is being able to switch over smoothly from forward to reverse and back at the proper times and positions to rock it properly to aid rather than hinder.

Even if rocking can't get your rear tires out of a hole turning the front wheels will move them into new spots that can help.
I got stuck axel-deep in muck, about 3/4 mile off the Pony Express Historic Byway, Utah (near Fish Springs Wildlife Refuge). This is near (maybe on!) the Dugway Proving Ground. Gooey, clay-like mud which filled up all the Goodyear Territories' cleats, but good. Think of potter's clay on his shaping wheel--that slippery. I tried rocking, but had trouble getting it to switch from "D" or even "M" to "R" to get any kind of momentum, in 4L. (also tried other selections besides "Mud.") BTW, I'm an old gear hound, drove Scouts on the Sonora in 1965, threes-on-the-tree, and still maintain a CDL at age 75. I know how to rock a vehicle.

Eventually, a couple in a Ford Explorer saw me in my plight, and came out. After a bit of futile digging, we hooked up a tow strap and I got pulled out okay. An Explorer! Sure cured me of my snobbery.

Turning the front wheels? Worth a try, I suppose, but it would also increase resistance and might dig you in deeper.

We tried positioning my RhinoUSA traction boards, but they were worthless. I've had problems with other RhinoUSA products--they're to be avoided.

Last edited:

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As long as I can get over the occasional parking block Iā€™ll be alright ;)

Bimjoker

Black Diamond
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper s & Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a question and Iā€™m sorry if this is already been asked 20 times but when you get your bronco if you want to take the Sasquatch tires off and get different tires does the dealer give you any credit for the tires are you better off to go to discount tire and do it?

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had them before and most of my trail riding involves a lot of mud and never had a problem except in marl mud. Nothing works in that. Sounds like operator failure to me.
Sponsored