First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not a really a rant just a personal disappointment. I don’t get to spend too much time off roading so I don’t have tons of experience but today I did get the Bronco out in some fields/trails and sadly got stuck in a half inch of mud. Props to the design of the Bronco from a recovery standpoint but very disappointed by the mud tires on the Sasquatch package. I had heard mediocre things when it was first discussed Goodyear was spending a ton of money to get picked up by OEM’s to supply tires for vehicles but I didn’t expect them to be this poor performing, granted they really do appear built for being a jack of all trades and master of none.

It’s not a shaming thing at all just was sadly surprised to have ended up in that situation. I feel like having better tires would have suited the Broncos capabilities more and I wouldn’t have wound up stuck. Things happen, not upset. I get to learn the way that’s best for me anyways.

5226B23E-5250-4F90-975A-991989EC33B5.jpeg
Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These tires are not the best tires ever but they are pretty good for an OEM. If you got stuck in 1/2 an inch of mud I hate to say it, but you did it wrong, its not the tires fault. Also things like weight, road manners etc are factors for fuel economy and handling, beyond just sheer off road use.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OEM tires also need to meet a certain criteria which limits the options that can be installed and shipped from factory. Also, test drives at dealerships are on pavement... not off-road despite this being a multi-use vehicle... so prioritizing ride comfort on asphalt is a priority for FORD. A good after market tire catered to your use will work much better. The Goodyear MT is a jack of all trades but master of none.

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are honestly the worst tires I have ever driven on. I'm suprised BFG didn't get the contract since them and ford have a good relationship, especially when you consider for already uses tons of 35" ko2s on raptors.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking at those rooster tails...........:unsure:

The graphics looks like a 1st edition, so I'm wondering why your rear wheel wasn't spinning in reverse. Did you not engage your lockers?

Last edited:

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took the cost of buying KO2's into my order, because the early reviews on the Goodyears weren't glowing. it's what pushed me from a black diamond sasquatch into a badlands non-sas.

When my 33's run out, there will be a ton of Sasquatch suspension take-off's so i can self-squatch with 35" KO2 or KM3

OP
OP

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking at those rooster tails...........:unsure:

The graphics looks like a 1st edition, so I'm wondering why your rear wheel wasn't spinning in reverse. Did you not engage your lockers?
It’s a Badlands I added that sticker. Front and rear were engaged yes.

The Raptor R on KO2’s pulled me out like it was nothing so I’ll be switching to those