Sponsored

How Long To Get MAP Reopened After Strike?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What I've read so far, assuming no return to strike if tentative contract is not approved by a simple majority of Ford UAW members.

Might be approximately 1 month to get the MAP fully back up to speed. Ugh.

Today (11/27) (and perhaps yesterday as well) Team Leaders and utility workers spent the day inspecting equipment and stations to make sure everything is ready and capable for a restart. There are stated concerns about robots and equipment that have been completely powered down and unused for 40 days and these will need some attention and have some hiccups during restarting.

it is obviously an absolutely top priority for Ford to get all plants fully up to speed as fast as possible. Hopefully, they'll be willing to invest in some significant overtime to expedite this process.

Maybe there will eventually be a news story about some of the first Broncos rolling off the line.
Sponsored

Ron72

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon: 1977 Camaro; 2018 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe they can complete the orders that have been held up waiting for some parts but are otherwise built but incomplete. They are parked somewhere at MAP so they don’t require the assembly line. I would like to see our 6/26/23 blend date Wildtrak go from in production to built👍. Keeping fingers crossed that it will happen soon

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow @Ron72 blended in June. Any idea what is missing? Or maybe a touch up of sorts? That would kill me.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What I've read so far, assuming no return to strike if tentative contract is not approved by a simple majority of Ford UAW members.

Might be approximately 1 month to get the MAP fully back up to speed. Ugh.

Today (11/27) (and perhaps yesterday as well) Team Leaders and utility workers spent the day inspecting equipment and stations to make sure everything is ready and capable for a restart. There are stated concerns about robots and equipment that have been completely powered down and unused for 40 days and these will need some attention and have some hiccups during restarting.

it is obviously an absolutely top priority for Ford to get all plants fully up to speed as fast as possible. Hopefully, they'll be willing to invest in some significant overtime to expedite this process.

Maybe there will eventually be a news story about some of the first Broncos rolling off the line.
Where did you read this?

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes @BigBendBW that was the one.

I got a VIN before the strike then went into production a day before the strike. I still show scheduled for week of 10/19 and "in production" but no window sticker. Hoping for WS or rescheduled build week or some sort of change/movement soon.

Last edited:

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yes @BigBendBW that was the one.

I got a VIN before the strike then went into production a day before the strike. I still show scheduled for week of 10/19 and "in production" but no window sticker. Hoping for WS or rescheduled build week or some sort of change/movement soon.
Hope so!

Ron72

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Swamp2, it is a Wildtrak lux, high package, tow package. We’ve seen the pictures that have been taken of it in front of the rail cars and added to our dealers website. It has the hardtop, and tow package so I’m guessing it’s a component to something electronic. Ford rep stated it was still awaiting an unknown part about 2 weeks before the strike. It’s my wife’s first ordered vehicle and she is going crazy waiting for it to come in. Hopefully soon🤞

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swamp2, it is a Wildtrak lux, high package, tow package. We’ve seen the pictures that have been taken of it in front of the rail cars and added to our dealers website. It has the hardtop, and tow package so I’m guessing it’s a component to something electronic. Ford rep stated it was still awaiting an unknown part about 2 weeks before the strike. It’s my wife’s first ordered vehicle and she is going crazy waiting for it to come in. Hopefully soon🤞
Those dealer pictures by the rail cars are just generic, not your actual Bronco. The only actual picture would be the one Ford sends of it near the end of the line. Some arrive fast, others are MIA.

Sponsored

Ron72

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting that they would be generic photo. Pretty specific as to options/colors that we can see. Makes sense though. So Bighoof, this bronco just might be MIA☹

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nothing specific here but some comments about reopening KTP from Ford VP of Manufacturing Operations:

Effects from the strike will be felt in the coming weeks because bringing a plant back up to speed is much more difficult than taking it down, according to Bryce Currie, vice president of Ford North America’s manufacturing operations. “That’s not just on the manufacturing plants within Ford, but it goes likewise for our suppliers,” Currie previously said. “It will be a slow ramp up before we can return back to that level. We’re dealing with a cold start.”

Source - Lexington Herald Leader

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing specific here but some comments about reopening KTP from Ford VP of Manufacturing Operations:

Effects from the strike will be felt in the coming weeks because bringing a plant back up to speed is much more difficult than taking it down, according to Bryce Currie, vice president of Ford North America’s manufacturing operations. “That’s not just on the manufacturing plants within Ford, but it goes likewise for our suppliers,” Currie previously said. “It will be a slow ramp up before we can return back to that level. We’re dealing with a cold start.”

Source - Lexington Herald Leader
The Stig-ette returns to work today. They have been informed that it will be a slow startup for the week. The target is for 80 vehicles for the week. Yes, they were surprised by that quote and it was confirmed again.

This week's production might be some of the best assembled Broncos/Rangers as that is a glacially slow production rate.

Ford Bronco How Long To Get MAP Reopened After Strike? 1698666168867

Last edited:
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks @Beach_Bum . Although it's a big cryptic. Source?