Sponsored

How Long To Get MAP Reopened After Strike?

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 C63 AMG, 2015 GL 450 4M, 2023 OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Stig-ette returns to work today. They have been informed that it will be a slow startup for the week. The target is for 80 vehicles for the week. Yes, they were surprised by that quote and it was confirmed again.

This week's production might be some of the best assembled Broncos/Rangers as that is a glacially slow production rate.

1698666168867.png
So basically what I’m taking from this is that 11/13 Schedule for production isn’t getting produced on 11/13?
Should I start looking at broncos already on the Lot?
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only thing preventing MAP from coming up at line speed could be supply chain constraints. Every ford plant goes down for 2 weeks in the summer and 10-14 days At Christmas. Even if the paint department was not shut down properly, it will not take 4 weeks to get the paint system ready. Often down weeks happen thru put the year. The first day might have some issues, starting at 80 units a day is absolute stupidity. There’s no reason to start at that speed.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So basically what I’m taking from this is that 11/13 Schedule for production isn’t getting produced on 11/13?
Should I start looking at broncos already on the Lot?
They will be back up to speed next week and in time for your scheduled production date. But when it comes to Bronco Hunting, I always advocate to see what is available from dealers around the country. Having a vehicle shipped is no biggie and the paperwork is all done online. Or you can buy a 1-way plane ticket and drive it home.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks @Beach_Bum . Although it's a big cryptic. Source?
The Stig-ette. I have a large enough network. Names are omitted. They all work in various parts of MAP. One who works in the "Garage" (where the roof rack and graphics are applied) aren't expecting a single vehicle to be delivered to them for the entire week.

It is a ridiculous slow rate. It remains to be seen if the rate holds true.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Stig-ette. I have a large enough network. Names are omitted. They all work in various parts of MAP. One who works in the "Garage" (where the roof rack and graphics are applied) aren't expecting a single vehicle to be delivered to them for the entire week.

It is a ridiculous slow rate. It remains to be seen if the rate holds true.
Just received an update from the Stig-ette. 80 for the week might be too much. The line went home after 6 hours today. The revised pace is 66 for the week. Hope that it picks up. There really is no reason to be that slow. I get the first shift or two. But by the end of the week, it should be back to normal. But apparently, it won't.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Beach_Bum . Thank you kindly. Great information and additional "translation" for me (us). So good to have some insider knowledge being shared. Are you waiting on a Bronco?

I suspect the line shutdown/restart has also caused some supply chain disruption. Maybe not like the COVID one, but still.

66 is indeed terrible. A high/normal amount is 10k/mo which is about 2500/week. That's about 2.5%. I'm sure there are a TON of competent and motivated FMC and Union folks working to ramp this up ASAP.

Please keep the updates flowing here 🙏👍🤞

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Beach_Bum . Thank you kindly. Great information and additional "translation" for me (us). So good to have some insider knowledge being shared. Are you waiting on a Bronco?

I suspect the line shutdown/restart has also caused some supply chain disruption. Maybe not like the COVID one, but still.

66 is indeed terrible. A high/normal amount is 10k/mo which is about 2500/week. That's about 2.5%. I'm sure there are a TON of competent and motivated FMC and Union folks working to ramp this up ASAP.

Please keep the updates flowing here 🙏👍🤞
Based on the official scheduling thread recently posted, it looks like 11/2 is the "official" full production. So these few days before are going to be really slow.

And I'm no longer needing a Bronco unless the Oates Edition comes to fruition.
Ford Bronco How Long To Get MAP Reopened After Strike? Double Trouble (2)

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just received an update from the Stig-ette. 80 for the week might be too much. The line went home after 6 hours today. The revised pace is 66 for the week. Hope that it picks up. There really is no reason to be that slow. I get the first shift or two. But by the end of the week, it should be back to normal. But apparently, it won't.
Well that's one way to get that 32 hour work week for 40 hour pay.... Only turn out 32 hours worth of product in a 40 hour timeframe (okay technically it would be 64 Broncos to equal 32 hours but closes enough lol).

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey @Beach_Bum . Could I convince you to post some periodic updates here as to the status of the Bronco line?

Especially with the recent ominous words from Ford about even orders that have been scheduled could be cancelled, lot's of folks are chompin at the bit for any small bit of relevant information.

Thanks in advance.