First Name
Lizeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good day to you all. I have a day trip coming up and since the weather is so nice I thought I’d take the rest of the top off and see how it goes. I feel like during a long day of cruising the wind can beat you down pretty good but this is less time on the road just on the insterstate. Curious to what’s the longest drive you guys have done topless and did you enjoy it or regret it!?
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
110 miles mixed driving. 50% was highway up to 75MPH. Its does beat you up a little bit. Throw the windows up if it gets to be too much. I have a mesh shade, not sure how much that affects noise. If it’s over 75 degrees I need the shade.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did an 8 hr drive last summer. Split it into 2 4 hr stretches. I had a my sun shade in so that helped. Wind noise can get a bit much and I ended up using my earbuds a lot. I was solo, no way the wife would have enjoyed it. A portion was through the desert and it was above 100. That was surprisingly comfortable with the wind and the shade cloth.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

in Oregon it is legal for females to go topless ANYWHERE they please. My gal takes full advantage of the law, in the summertime when it's warm out...She says she feels comfortable and free with her top off, especially while the Broncos is topless too.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many others here, we ordered the soft top to speed up delivery. Doors off and top down have been fun but even with the Bimini, the noise and buffeting are intolerable at 75 MPH. For backseat passengers, it’s intolerable at 50 MPH and up. It might have something to do with our age. Our next upgrade will be a hardtop.

Welcome and enjoy your Bronco, top up or down.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A buddy and I took I-35 from Ft. Worth to Waco at 75-80mph for about an hour and a half each way on a 95F day with my @JTopsUSA sun shade on and, other than the usual noise and wind of a convertible that does fatigue you, it was more than comfortable. The shade really helps knock down the heat and sun.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I totally don’t get the top off thing. Unless, of course, you live in the city and park in garage (in which case, why own a Bronco?). My summer place in North America is 20 miles from. Pavement. In our winters I am in Patagonia. You’d be covered in dust in either location within 30 minutes with the top off. Rodents, raccoons, and bears would make short work of the interior.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From December until mid May my top is off typically. As far as a road trip, 200 miles doors were off too

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A buddy and I took I-35 from Ft. Worth to Waco at 75-80mph for about an hour and a half each way on a 95F day with my @JTopsUSA sun shade on and, other than the usual noise and wind of a convertible that does fatigue you, it was more than comfortable. The shade really helps knock down the heat and sun.
Hey Mike here from JTops. Thanks for the mention of our sunshade.
The Texas heat sure can be brutal, glad the shade did its job.

Ford Bronco How long are you driving topless? Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 10.32.47 PM

Sponsored

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Drove 2 hours to off-road then off-road for 5-6 hours then 2 hours home to grab a dirt bike carrier and then another 2 hours to pick up a dirt bike and then finally 2 hours home. Almost all of it aside from off-roading was highway speeds. Cross winds if you have windows down/doors off can be taxing as it beats on you pretty good.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally don’t get the top off thing. Unless, of course, you live in the city and park in garage (in which case, why own a Bronco?). My summer place in North America is 20 miles from. Pavement. In our winters I am in Patagonia. You’d be covered in dust in either location within 30 minutes with the top off. Rodents, raccoons, and bears would make short work of the interior.
Probably because I also have an F150 Raptor and my bronco does stay in a garage

BroncMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went to church topless today. 55 MPH max. I had a top screen on the kids got me for Christmas. The screen is a must in Florida for the sun. I like the wind reduction from the screen. Took the long way home with the tunes playing.

I installed my hoist in my attic, so it's a one-man operation. Thanks for the tips on the forum.

There is no rain till Friday, so the top stays off until then. I absolutely love it.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

About 350 miles from Phoenix to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. In October. Left PHX @ 6:00 AM, 60 degrees. Rolled in to Flagstaff at 30 degrees. Warmed up to 40+ when I made it to Jacobs Lake.
Bright skies above me the whole way.
Loved that trip!!

IMG_7592.jpeg

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

in Oregon it is legal for females to go topless ANYWHERE they please. My gal takes full advantage of the law, in the summertime when it's warm out...She says she feels comfortable and free with her top off, especially while the Broncos is topless too.
@corey07 Is this true? Pictures, please. 😜
Sponsored