First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
in Oregon it is legal for females to go topless ANYWHERE they please. My gal takes full advantage of the law, in the summertime when it's warm out...She says she feels comfortable and free with her top off, especially while the Broncos is topless too.
Pictures please.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I totally donā€™t get the top off thing. Unless, of course, you live in the city and park in garage (in which case, why own a Bronco?). My summer place in North America is 20 miles from. Pavement. In our winters I am in Patagonia. Youā€™d be covered in dust in either location within 30 minutes with the top off. Rodents, raccoons, and bears would make short work of the interior.
When living in Colorado (front range above Fort Collins), we had the top off our 4x4s every chance we could. Was easy due to the generally arid climate and decent temps.

Open top and doors off driving through the mountains, exploring off-road, had lots of fun. Also easier to see and connect with a trail when the top/doors are off.

Chicagoland on the other hand, ugh. Taking the top off guarantees rain and bad weather. I could have a side job bringing rain to drought communities, take the top off and guarantee rain, lol.

(good times back in the day, driving up Poudre Canyon into the Rocky Mountains)
Ford Bronco How long are you driving topless? CJ-guitar

Last edited:

JEMSA

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, 82 F350, 91 MX5, 93 MX5, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not the guy to ask, if youā€™re askingā€¦all my vehicles are open top with exception of 1982 F350 dump bedā€¦Iā€™ve spent season without putting roof up - work had covered parkingā€¦I keep sunblock in all of the softops. Bikini on my 70 Bronco when I take the cap off.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
in Oregon it is legal for females to go topless ANYWHERE they please. My gal takes full advantage of the law, in the summertime when it's warm out...She says she feels comfortable and free with her top off, especially while the Broncos is topless too.
Is her screen name ā€œbigchestbroncoā€?

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not in my Bronco, but did a 1,100 miler (round trip) from College Station to Fort Davis with the top off of one of my 2012 JKU. It wasn't bad at all, except for the first half of the return trip due to an unexpected drop in temps that had us cruising at 85-90 on I-10 in 55 degree temps. Jeep heaters are excellent, but I've never been so happy to see the sun come up.

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@corey07 Is this true? Pictures, please. šŸ˜œ
LOL... @BigMeatsBronco tells no lies. Oregon is quite lenient and nuanced on the topless rules.
I ran topless from Mid-May to September last year. Including long road trips at freeway speed, dirt roads and a bit of rain mixed in. Bronco was made for the top off, so I don't sweat all the small stuff (dirt, animals, bugs, etc.) I am running a J-top as I didn't want too much sun burn on precious cargo, also helped a ton with wind buffeting at freeway (70+) speed.
I guess y'all will just have to come to Oregon if you want pictures. ;)

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco How long are you driving topless? IMG_2019

We need proof

CelticCactus

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A buddy and I took I-35 from Ft. Worth to Waco at 75-80mph for about an hour and a half each way on a 95F day with my @JTopsUSA sun shade on and, other than the usual noise and wind of a convertible that does fatigue you, it was more than comfortable. The shade really helps knock down the heat and sun.
Maybe us Texans are just built different? :) We're used to the sun and wind

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally donā€™t get the top off thing. Unless, of course, you live in the city and park in garage (in which case, why own a Bronco?). My summer place in North America is 20 miles from. Pavement. In our winters I am in Patagonia. Youā€™d be covered in dust in either location within 30 minutes with the top off. Rodents, raccoons, and bears would make short work of the interior.
Iā€™ve recently developed a balance issue, so I can no longer ride motorcycles so our bronco with the top off gives us our open air motorcycle fix. I plan to keep the top off in the spring and the fall and have the top on in the cold winter months and the super hot summer months. We consider it a toy so it sits in our climate controlled garage when itā€™s not being used. Much to my wifeā€™s dismay, Iā€™m more concerned about my vehicles staying comfortable inside than I am myself, so I donā€™t even consider buying anything automotive unless I have a spot to store it inside.

CelticCactus

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So only city folks have garages to park in??? I like the top off thing because it matches the whole LIVE WILD thing, which is kind of the BRONCO's thing, and that's why I own a bronco....but that's just me. What I totally don't get is if you don't like the outdoorsy stuff that comes with being out in the elements, why own a convertible Bronco? Why not own a Rivian?

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No shirt, no shoes, no service problem (y)

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Iā€™ve driven a 7 hour road trip with the top completely off and the tube doors on. Didnā€™t bother me a bit.
Sponsored